Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Has success made our skin thin? I'm embarrassed.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,080

Has success made our skin thin? I'm embarrassed.

Oct 1, 2019, 9:34 AM

Our team is a nasty group of tough SOBs but boy, some of our fans are NOT. When someone comes at you with stupid words or a stupid gesture, and you let it get under your skin, guess what you're doing? You are granting that person power over you. That's EXACTLY what they wanted.

The greatest insult you can give an enemy is to ignore them. I really wish Tiger nation could have done that Saturday. Props to you if you didn't get your underwear in a knot over this meaningless nonsense. I can't help but feel like this wouldn't have been a story if we were winning by 30, or if UNCheat hadn't cheated, but for some reason people let irrelevant context change their perception.

Don't get me wrong: I despise UNCheat. The crap they pulled in that investigation ruined my perception of their academic integrity forever. I'll never, ever, ever view them in a positive light again. And that has nothing to do with my hatred of their basketball program. But when I looked up in Chapel Hill Saturday and saw their board showing a Clemson fan and the caption "thinks the Fridge is a kitchen appliance"? I chuckled, cause that's kinda funny. I saw but ignored the rest because they were dumb, and moved right on with my life.

In closing, we are the mother freaking Clemson Tigers. We are a bunch of bada$$es. We are the champs, baby. ACT. LIKE. IT.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Has success made our skin thin? I'm embarrassed.

Oct 1, 2019, 9:55 AM

You are the one making something out of nothing.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 1, 2019, 9:56 AM

I agree 100%. I thought the messages they put on their jumbo boards were kind of silly, but not insulting. Maybe the kind of stuff that would insult teenagers. And, we are the champs. Any negative comments passed our way are just born out of frustration, jealousy, stupidity. Best to let 'em go. Or just say 44-16. :)

Oct 1, 2019, 9:56 AM

WELL SAID Thank you for the wise word.

I didn't really see an issue with the ones posted

Oct 1, 2019, 9:58 AM

with the t-net article yesterday like the fridge one,etc. - thought those were harmless. I thought the insults were more personal from what I had heard prior(I wasn't there). I actually have more of an issue with posting someone that is not asking for attention on a video screen because this day and age that is susceptible to going viral and made into a gif if someone is caught in the wrong moment. Most people aren't signing up for that when they are just trying to go to a game and watch their team. If it was just up on the board and gone that's one thing, but that's not today's world with social media.

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,080
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic