Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Has ESPN going to require 5 minute diatribes
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Has ESPN going to require 5 minute diatribes

Sep 5, 2020, 10:40 PM

By the announcers in every football game to carry on about Black lives matter to the point they almost ignore what is going on on the field. During the third quarter, the announcers ran what seemed to be a rehearsed talk on the "social injustice" motion in sports. and only said something going on the field when there was a penalty. I could hit the silence button on the remote control fast enough. If we have to listen to this continued tripe the rest of the season, commercials will seem like a relief.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes. Might as well get used to it or not watch football

Sep 5, 2020, 10:50 PM

this year or watch it muted. I would say listen to Don Munson instead, but I can't guarantee he won't talk about it either. So..... learn to live it with or don't watch. It's that simple. If your blood pressure rises or if ulcers develop because the announcers talk about something that appears to be on the minds of every single college football player, then you might want to reconsider your viewing habits, at least for this season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Like other major topics in Life they'll grind it til it’s lost it’s meaning!

Sep 5, 2020, 10:54 PM

Important topic but the matter didn't just happen yesterday with some shootings & killings.

So, take it slow but steady and seriously.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm still waiting on the creeps I was told about as a kid

Sep 5, 2020, 11:04 PM

that were going to offer me marijuana when I grew up. I'd love to meet some of those.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

let's hope Don Munson doesn't attempt to tackle this issue

Sep 5, 2020, 11:03 PM [ in reply to Yes. Might as well get used to it or not watch football ]

He'll butcher it like he does everything else and we'll have a full blown BLM onslaught on Clemson's campus.

Re: let's hope Don Munson doesn't attempt to tackle this issue

Sep 5, 2020, 11:07 PM

there was some NBA announcer texting the other day who said something about the Nuggets. Only it didndt come out that way. He claimed autocorrect but he a Tom Brenaman are both in the unemployment line

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In defense of autocorrect

Sep 5, 2020, 11:09 PM

It wouldn't autocorrect to that word unless you've used that word a lot on your phone.

Re: In defense of autocorrect

Sep 5, 2020, 11:19 PM

so maybe he fat fingered. not saying he is right just pointed out those things can happen

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bingo***

Sep 6, 2020, 9:01 AM [ in reply to In defense of autocorrect ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In other words

Sep 6, 2020, 9:49 AM [ in reply to Yes. Might as well get used to it or not watch football ]

You should learn to agree and sympathize with the wisdom and political views points of a bunch of 18,19,and 20yr olds it you want to watch football in peace.

I'm not sure about you, but I'm a lot wiser now than I was when I was a 19 yr old student at Clemson.

As a general rule, if you're an adult and you take advice from teenagers you're an idiot.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kinda like the global warming teenage girl

Sep 6, 2020, 10:47 AM

that we were all supposed to listen to.

Ain't that cute!

would be cool if when they talk about it

Sep 6, 2020, 1:33 PM [ in reply to Yes. Might as well get used to it or not watch football ]

they show the blm terrorists burning down towns and what not peacefully of course

Re: Has ESPN going to require 5 minute diatribes

Sep 5, 2020, 10:59 PM

Hit the mute button in the first half when it was 14-14 and no talk about the game. May not turn the volume back on until the College World Series......

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 6, 2020, 8:17 AM

It is their "Hey look how much we care" moment on TV. They don't want any fingers pointed at them for a lack of support/compassion so they almost are forced to have this segment. It will be this way for every game until Mid-October I bet.

Many people (myself included) enjoy sports as an escape from the political rhetoric that we encounter all day but now that has been breached. I could care less what these announcers think/feel about any subject other than the game being played before them.

Sep 6, 2020, 8:29 AM

Hope you aren't a CU grad with that sentence.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 6, 2020, 9:24 AM

You better turn down the tv sound and on the Clemson Radio Broadcast. We are going to be up by 25-30 points at the half in many of our games, starting next week with Wake. You can only talk about interesting stories about our back up players for so long during our blowouts. By the third blowout, those stories will get redundant.

Then the ESPN folks have to talk about something not related to the two team playing.

Sep 6, 2020, 1:32 PM

Politics does not belong in sports. Most people watch sports to get away from politics and other other controversial topics. It has a singular purpose we can all share in regardless of anything. We want to see our team win. Period.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic