Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Happy Birthday
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Happy Birthday

Feb 22, 2021, 12:04 PM

George Washington. Anyone remember him? Was that the good ole days????

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes***

Feb 22, 2021, 12:09 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

^^^this guy knows him personally.***

Feb 22, 2021, 12:34 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's just a big fan of George Washington's wood

Feb 22, 2021, 4:06 PM

en teeth.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: He's just a big fan of George Washington's wood

Feb 23, 2021, 8:46 PM

the base of the dentures may have been wooden,but the teeth were generally ivory.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Happy Birthday

Feb 22, 2021, 12:17 PM

To you old geezers those were.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Feb 22, 2021, 12:23 PM

I resemble that remark

I Do...Cuz It's My Birthday Too***

Feb 22, 2021, 12:26 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Happy birthday!***

Feb 22, 2021, 12:31 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Happy birthday!!***

Feb 22, 2021, 12:34 PM [ in reply to I Do...Cuz It's My Birthday Too*** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I Do...Cuz It's My Birthday Too***

Feb 22, 2021, 2:46 PM [ in reply to I Do...Cuz It's My Birthday Too*** ]

And in my best singing voice, "Happy birthday to you".

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CANCEL George Washington!!

Feb 22, 2021, 12:28 PM

- He was probably conservative.
- He believed in God
- He was a military general and patriot.
- He probably owned a gun.
- He supported freedom.
- He was Caucasian.
- He owned ... well, you know.
- He didn't wear a mask in public, especially in a loaded boat while crossing the Delaware River.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: Happy Birthday- He couldn't tell a lie

Feb 22, 2021, 12:32 PM

So he wasnt much of a politician

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 22, 2021, 12:48 PM

And he voluntarily stepped down after two terms.
Clearly not much of a politician.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Feb 22, 2021, 1:46 PM

set the precedent for term limits.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Feb 22, 2021, 1:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Happy Birthday- He couldn't tell a lie ]

set the precedent for term limits.

null

Feb 22, 2021, 2:34 PM

He, along with others, will be removed from all studies on history. The liberals will write their own history and force it on others.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 22, 2021, 4:00 PM

I was a substitute teacher at a local middle school today. Their black history announcement today was that it was Prince's birthday. The announcer stated his talent and showman ship-(OK)-and then went on to say he was original-giving the example that in some of his videos, girls dressed like boys and boys dressed like girls. The person doing the announcing was very upbeat about this.

I also noticed that there was NO mention of today beiing the birthday of a guy named Washington, who was slightly (sarcasm) important to the country. The new progressive idea of history and culture cares nothing about history, except to tear down the parts of it they find "offensive".

Feb 22, 2021, 4:01 PM

Sorry for the lousy typing.

Feb 22, 2021, 2:50 PM

He was a bad boy. He chopped down a cherry tree. ]

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 22, 2021, 4:12 PM

Feb 22, 2021, 4:13 PM

Washington Crossing the Delaware by Emanuel Leutze, MMA-NYC, 1851.jpg
By <a href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/en:Emanuel_Leutze" class="extiw" title="w:en:Emanuel Leutze"><span title="American artist (1816-1868)">Emanuel Leutze</span></a> - <a rel="nofollow" class="external text" href="https://www.metmuseum.org/collections/search-the-collections/20011777">The Metropolitan Museum of Art</a>, Public Domain, Link

Ask Mr. Joe21, I heard he gave young George the axe he

Feb 22, 2021, 5:20 PM

used to chop down that offending Cherry tree. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 23, 2021, 4:59 PM

The Original GOAT.

He held together an Army with string, he didn't even have duct tape or gorilla glue.

He resigned as commander-in-chief once the Treaty of Paris was signed. He could have taken over the country.

Despite his concern he might be criticized for meddling in civil matters, he sent a circular letter to all the states maintaining the Articles of Confederation was no more than "a rope of sand" linking the states.

He lent his prestige to the goodwill and work of the other delegates, as he presided over the Constitutional Convention.

He could have been President for life, but believed a civil transition of power should occur before his death.

He was apolitical and opposed the formation of parties, suspecting that conflict would undermine republicanism. Sadly he was spot on.

Washington restricted cabinet discussions to topics of his choosing, without participating in the debate. He thus avoided Group Think, before it was a thing.

Many may argue Lincoln, FDR or someone else as the Goat, but without Washington there would not have been any others.

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic