Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Had to go back and watch the game after hearing all
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

Had to go back and watch the game after hearing all

Nov 10, 2020, 3:29 PM

the comments. I have to agree that the offensive line was poor run blocking but fairly good on pass protection. The tackles seem to have a pretty good game . We seem to block way too high. No thrust off the line at all. Asking the tight ends to block is a waste of time. Pulling the guards is also a wasted effort.The wide receivers didn't block well down field either. DJ looked good. He missed two easy passes and missed spotting a wide open receiver in the middle of the field but played great otherwise. He is going to be really good. ETN had a hard day. He didn't have the blocks and when he did he missed the hole. On defense I thought I would see a lot of the Dline getting pushed back but I didn't. We ran a three man line a bunch and blitzed both inside linebacker (10 and 15) and got nada. We ran a bunch of pass rushes with twist and none worked. We didn't contain the outside very well, mostly DE's rushing too high or getting trapped inside. When we rushed three each man was double teamed. Breese was triple teamed a coupled of times. Their backs blocked well on pass plays. Our LB's were a nonfactor, other than number 10's pass breakup. They ran themselves out of a lot of plays. They couldn't spy the QB until both stayed back as skies late in the game. The DB's played very loose coverage and didn't challenge for the ball. We appeared to be playing a lot of zone coverages. It wasn't all bad for sure. Our QB played great. Number 17 and 3 caught a ton of passes. Our PK played lights out and our OL didn't give up a sack in regulation if I remember correctly. We have a ton of injured players and we are playing a ton of underclassmen. So, we will survive and continue to thrive in the future. Just trying to be analytical so please don't flame me. I'm a three time Clemson grad. I don't like USC or Notre Dame. Wish everyone a fine Veteran's Day tomorrow.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Had to go back and watch the game after hearing all

Nov 10, 2020, 3:38 PM

I salute you. I will rewatch a win but dont usually do it with losses.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 10, 2020, 3:42 PM

Good job Chasn79!

Nov 10, 2020, 3:47 PM

Hey, that was some really good commentary and I enjoyed reading it. I have to agree with most of what you said. I do not think we have any way to fix the O line problem in the near future. So we should accept it and flush trying to run between he tackles. Our short game should be getting to the edge on a pitch sweep, or an end around, or a short screen pass here and there, etc. Thankfully those guys are decent at pass blocking, as you stated. We can't afford to get anyone on the O line hurt because their backups are even less effective, a bunch of talented but extremely young fellows.

Glad you graduated from CU three times! Only twice for me, '89 and '92. Looks like you were there in the good old Fuller/Butler years. Good job chasn79

Nov 11, 2020, 10:44 AM

"They ran themselves out of a lot of plays. They couldn't spy the QB until both stayed back as skies late in the game."

probably the most frustrating thing to watch .... coverage only lasts so long, we let Book make plays too many times.

Great observation

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic