Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Had some Gamecock fans tell me they might win SECleast!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 2,114

Had some Gamecock fans tell me they might win SECleast!

Nov 10, 2016, 8:11 AM

Going to beat Florida and coming for CU.

I did not say anything but smiled real big!

That they are going bowling too!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Had some Gamecock fans tell me they might win SECleast!

Nov 10, 2016, 8:17 AM

If they were to win the east that would only reaffirm how truly terrible the sec east is. I would love to see Kentucky win it, now that would be awesome.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 10, 2016, 8:23 AM

What's their path - haven't paid attention to them. Too busy being 9-0.

Nov 10, 2016, 8:23 AM

I kinda hope they do so they have to play Bama. Losing to us never seems to convince them that we're better than them. I'd like to hear the excuses after Bama curb stomps them and we beat Bama.

Nov 10, 2016, 8:34 AM

Good grief.

Let's see,

UF has to lose to USUC and LSU
UGA must lose to AU
UK must lose to UT

And then there's something like a 3-way tie with UK, UF, and USUC - and I'm not sure how that will work since USUC beat UF beat UK beat USUC - round robin situation at best.

That's one heck of a stretch to try and win a division that the winner will have beaten NO good teams. They are making a mountain out of a mole hill. :)

I think UK wins that division. UF will beat USUC this week.

Nov 10, 2016, 8:54 AM

"UF has to lose to USUC and LSU" - That's entirely possible. Florida is much worse than their record. Their D is good, but no offense. 14 points could be enough to beat them. LSU isn't a great team, but good enough to hammer UF.

"UGA must lose to AU" - Highly likely.

"UK must lose to UT" - UT has more talent, but much of it is injured, and Butch Jones isn't a very good coach, so I could see that happening.

Not sure how the SEC tie breakers work, and don't care to find out, but if they're like most tie breakers, they're probably just stupid enough to give the division to USUC.

Nov 10, 2016, 9:06 AM [ in reply to Re: Had some Gamecock fans tell me they might win SECleast! ]

Actually, it would appear that UT may have the "easiest" path. They get UK and Mizzu at home and then finish up at Vandy. That would make them 5-3 and assuming UF losing to LSU next week would make them the SEC "Least" champs!! Not sure which UT team will show up this Saturday, the one that imploded at the "coop" or the one that lost in OT at A&M. Either way, wouldn't be too excited about "signing up" for a beat down in ATL!!! If UK beats UT, then the "chickens" are eliminated.

Nov 10, 2016, 9:28 AM

Well it's mathematically possible but only an idiot would think that we actually have a legitimate shot at it. Besides, I want no part of Bama in a SEC title game.

Nov 10, 2016, 9:47 AM

COOTS can't do math without a tutor. The sad part is they actually think they are good.

Nov 10, 2016, 9:52 AM

Too soon to claim actually being good but I do believe that Muschamp has us on the way to being good again. Now if we can some how beat Florida and finish the year with 7 wins I will be a lot more confident going into next year.

Nov 10, 2016, 10:50 AM

As long as the SEC East is this bad y'all should be a 7-8 win team.

their division is horrible--the worst in the Power 5--their

Nov 10, 2016, 12:22 PM

OOC schedule includes UMass and Western Carolina--and they're concerned about becoming bowl eligible--which, ie, basically means playing .500 ball under incredibly easy competitive circumstances....and yet I constantly hear references to Clemson having "an ACC schedule" (implying its easy) when the Tigers SOS is infinitely more difficult than what usuck scheduled

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 10, 2016, 12:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Had some Gamecock fans tell me they might win SECleast! ]

> Well it's mathematically possible but only an idiot
> would think that we actually have a legitimate shot
> at it. Besides, I want no part of Bama in a SEC title
> game.

Then call me an idiot because I think you have a legit shot at it.

Florida's defense will present some issues but Oh My is their offense bad; any points Carolina can grab will be good points and I could see Carolina winning a 10-7, 9-7 type game. No joke. TWO touchdowns puts you on Easy Street against the Gators. Florida will likely lose to LSU (in another 10-0-type game) so that side's probably covered.

Auburn is going to crush UGA, so that's almost certainly covered.

Fifty-fifty right now - on UK/UT.

All Carolina's gotta do is take care of Da Bidness against UF, and I think South Carolina's chances of winning the East skyrocket to probably 50% or better.

I'm rooting for ya, personally. You might have heard me repeatedly say: I want Carolina to be as strong as possible because I want the eyes of the nation (and all those attendant recruits) on the rivalry. We also need you for strength of schedule. It does us no good as long as you're losing to Citadel (though it is good for humor, I suppose.) I want the Clemson-Carolina game to be a state-stopping Event. Did it stop FSU, Florida, and Miami from winning titles when all three teams were strong, or did iron sharpen iron and did that murderer's row produce teams that were more than strong enough to win titles?

They will become bowl eligible with a win over WCU next week

Nov 10, 2016, 10:46 AM

That's assuming they don't beat Florida on Saturday.

A 6-6 regular season would likely send them to the either the Independence Bowl in Shreveport or the Birmingham Bowl. Possibly the Liberty Bowl if the can get to 7-5.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Replies: 13
| visibility 2,114
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic