Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Had a Bama booster tell me that
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

Had a Bama booster tell me that

Aug 3, 2019, 12:56 PM

“before the next cfp, you can be sure that saban will reach out to muschamp or vice versa and share all incites learned through Feaster related to Clemson’s formations, audibles, play calling, etc.”

My initial reaction was, oh crap. Then I realized, can you think back several years ago and imagine any Bama person ever bragging about being able to get or need a cheat sheet for lil ole Clemson?

That first championship game, they didn’t take Clemson seriously but after it was over, they respected us. After the next game when Watson to Renfrow led us to victory, they not only respected us but realized that they were actually beatable. And after this past championship game, they not only know they are beatable but a lot of them fear that Clemson may be overtaking them as the best program in college football.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Had a Bama booster tell me that

Aug 3, 2019, 1:02 PM

Duh......

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

good luck with that. If that’s what they’re relying on.

Aug 3, 2019, 1:11 PM

We can easily change one thing about calls etc. obviously our play calling in the cfp at least defensively was quite different. As for our offense, they knew what we were going to do and couldn’t stop it.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: good luck with that. If that’s what they’re relying on.

Aug 3, 2019, 1:13 PM

they couldnt even deal w copy cat plays last game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BrinG it On Elephants & Cooties!

Aug 3, 2019, 1:17 PM

We got you squarely in our Natty sites & no way are we giving up the R.O.Y. Bus Steering Wheel that we have in full grasp!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 3, 2019, 1:16 PM

What is feaster going to tell them that the tape doesn't show?? Knowing what someone is going to do and stopping it are two different things. It's not like we have a magical formula...we are just a talented team.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 3, 2019, 2:11 PM

And if you think someone has stolen your signals you can obviously use that to your advantage and make them look stupid.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Aug 3, 2019, 2:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Had a Bama booster tell me that ]

Exactly, any good coach knows the plays the other team runs outside of a few plays that the other team may have been holding back. Otherwise, a head coach would have to change his entire playbook whenever an assistant coach took a job with another team in the same conference. Any good coach should be changing up their signals throughout the season anyway.

Aug 3, 2019, 11:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Had a Bama booster tell me that ]

verbal confirmation & a clear understanding, save them a lot of time(bama)

That's one way to look at it, however

Aug 4, 2019, 6:37 AM [ in reply to Re: Had a Bama booster tell me that ]

2013 FSU was a talented team, very talented, and in the National Championship Game Auburn looked like the better team for a half because they had FSU's signals.

Now our offense is more complex than FSU's was at that time, so maybe it would make less difference, but to think that can't make an impact when two similarly talented football teams play a single game is naive.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's funny people assume he'll just turn on Clemson

Aug 3, 2019, 1:43 PM

And the coaches and everything else like that. Even if he did want to, it's a terrible look to have that reputation once you get to the NFL. No team would take him because no team would want the liability. And that's what he seems to be most focused on

Clemson

Re: It's funny people assume he'll just turn on Clemson

Aug 3, 2019, 1:53 PM

Excellent point! I would also add, how long will it take before they start thinking, "he could be telling them stuff about us"? I mean, the sooner the offense scores the sooner he gets on the field and shows us what he can do.
Blood is thicker than water! Blood, sweat, tears - he shed w/Clemson teammates for 3 1/2 years. He will be in Columbia for what, "3 - 4 months"? They had better worry about that 1st.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 3, 2019, 1:59 PM [ in reply to It's funny people assume he'll just turn on Clemson ]

Also, remember the 3 yards and a cloud of dust teams? They would have the H-back side step until he gets into the exact spot he will be blocking and "fire off the ball"! They basically told you exactly what they were going to do and teams still couldn't stop it.
Tom Osborne Nebraska teams basically had 9 plays all of which you could practice to stop all week. Yet they ended up averaging 56 ppg.

I don't think any intel Feaster would give would help anyway. I don't think he would in the 1st place; but if he did, it wouldn't help. He is likely not so familiar with the OL nuances. WR nuances. What the TE has to do on certain plays, etc. He can give them general things; but nothing they can't see on film. Nothing that is intricate and unique to Clemson could be communicated quickly enough in a game to help!
Even the wild-scenario it did; stopping it is another thing all together!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 4, 2019, 12:00 AM [ in reply to It's funny people assume he'll just turn on Clemson ]

I agree this is an interesting take.

Surely we change our signals every year.

Aug 3, 2019, 2:37 PM

But this is indeed yet another reason that I hate who the transfer portal is working now. It should be reserved for unique exceptions. AND a team should definitely block a transfer to a rival school.

How about we teach commitment?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Surely we change our signals every year.

Aug 3, 2019, 4:55 PM

Should we also teach that to coaches who leave for other jobs all the time? We wouldn’t have BV if that were the case, and several other coaches across all sports.

Re: Surely we change our signals every year.

Aug 3, 2019, 10:46 PM [ in reply to Surely we change our signals every year. ]

Feaster graduated. I think that shows commitment.

Former players don't know anything the coaches and their hoards of analysts dont

Aug 3, 2019, 3:26 PM

already know from watching hours and hours of film. The signs will be different this year. All of the plays Feaster knows are already out there on film.

This is a complete non story.

When we play them again....they will be the ones with self-

Aug 3, 2019, 5:01 PM

doubt.

Aug 3, 2019, 5:06 PM

Ray Stevens: I'm a nut...I'm a nut...I'm a nut, nut, nut...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 3, 2019, 6:21 PM

Why wouldn’t he go to Barry Odom at Mizzou and milk KB for what he knew? QBs probably have a better understanding of the scheme than RBs as shown by being able to transfer and play without spring practice.

How pathetic is that!

Aug 3, 2019, 6:13 PM

Almighty GOAT bama needs inside info from a player who transferred to the coots to help them even the playing field? Actually, if true this is tells us a lot more about bama fans than it does about what these coaches would do. Saban ain’t gonna rely on muschumps running back to get inside information; that is idiotic.

From what I’ve seen and heard lately, bama fans are a LOT like coots except that they experienced great success; they seem to go delusional when faced with adversity, especially since they are so unaccustomed to it. On the other hand, coots have experienced mostly frustration and sorrow.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wouldn’t it make as much sense

Aug 3, 2019, 6:19 PM

As reaching out to Barry Odom or Pat Fitzgerald, or whoever the coach is at Jax State in his own state? Hell, I guess we can reach out to Lincoln Riley. There’s a reason Dabo isn’t worried.

Aug 3, 2019, 8:58 PM

Muscoot and the SEC may have Feaster water boarded for info after the 44- 16 thrashing of the SEC alpha dog or elephant.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What an outlandish...

Aug 4, 2019, 8:11 AM

over the top conspiracy nut job... I like the way you think!

Aug 3, 2019, 10:36 PM

Why not have Saban apply for a graduate intern job? Or hire Terry when he's done with his. I'm pretty sure that would work easier than going through his former underling.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 4, 2019, 6:19 AM

They’ve always been beatable. Bama loses at least one game every season. Ole best them two years in a row in the regular season. Ohio state and Oklahoma both punk’d them in the playoff and bowl games. Bama has never been anywhere near as invincible as the media makes them out to be.

Clemson is the best program in the country.

Aug 4, 2019, 8:43 AM

I'm glad they are paying attention.

Dabo could give Nick the playbook and it wouldn't help him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Non-issue at this point, Saban probably has a “Clemson Wing” in his film room.

Aug 4, 2019, 2:33 PM

He pays an army of “analysts” every year. They have all the “incite” they need.

null

And LOL at the image of the “greatest coach in college football”

Aug 4, 2019, 2:34 PM

calling a former assistant and asking him to tell him what his Running Back said about Clemson’s offensive schemes.

null

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic