Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Least favorite Clemson professor
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 1

Least favorite Clemson professor

Jul 12, 2020, 8:39 AM

Spanish professor Pedro Parado

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

About all the calculus professors I had.

Jul 12, 2020, 8:41 AM

Bill Moss was great. All the others? Ehhh.

~JKB

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tease***

Jul 12, 2020, 8:42 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Vlastmilhort***

Jul 12, 2020, 8:57 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

Every teacher's assistant

Jul 12, 2020, 9:37 AM

...I ever got stuck with (especially for statistics).

They often had difficultly explaining material to anyone who wasn't already a subject-matter-whiz.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Same experience.***

Jul 12, 2020, 10:50 AM

Had Reneke for Math 425. Terrible. Worked a problem for two

Jul 12, 2020, 9:39 AM

days on the board and got the wrong answer. Said "you see where we went wrong". Had a three-problem test next week, two of which were like the one he unsuccessfully completed on the board in two days.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You just didn't study enough! lol***

Jul 12, 2020, 10:24 AM

That's a given!***

Jul 12, 2020, 2:21 PM

What course was 425?

Jul 12, 2020, 1:52 PM [ in reply to Had Reneke for Math 425. Terrible. Worked a problem for two ]

I don’t remember what class that was. My guess would be it was in the OR or Actuarial focus but I’m not certain.

“To See a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.” WB

Boundary Value Problems***

Re: Had Reneke for Math 425. Terrible. Worked a problem for two

Jul 12, 2020, 8:35 PM [ in reply to Had Reneke for Math 425. Terrible. Worked a problem for two ]

Lakedude® said:

days on the board and got the wrong answer. Said "you see where we went wrong". Had a three-problem test next week, two of which were like the one he unsuccessfully completed on the board in two days.

Had him for differentials. It was all the spill overs who signe duo fir Bose. Not a great teacher.

Jul 12, 2020, 8:46 PM

Spill over from Dr Bose’s class. Bad typing.

Jul 12, 2020, 8:35 PM [ in reply to Had Reneke for Math 425. Terrible. Worked a problem for two ]

Lakedude® said:

Had him for differentials. It was all the spill overs who signe duo fir Bose. Not a great teacher.

Marullo, 2nd part Organic Chemistry. Twice.

Jul 12, 2020, 11:00 AM

Dropped him the first time, and got him AGAIN in my final summer session. IF you want details, check my archived poast "My Clemson Nightmare, a Novel."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Marullo, 2nd part Organic Chemistry. Twice.

Jul 12, 2020, 11:00 PM

Ding, ding, ding we have a winner. Only class I needed in summer school to graduate was 2nd semester organic. And I had an assistantship waiting on me for fall, if I graduated. Marullo was the only class I flunked at Clemson. Had to quit my job and borrow $500 from my brother to retake 2nd summer session and guess who I drew ...Abramovitch. He was affectionately called Brama-b1sh by a lot of people. I never will forget the drop line wrapping clean out the door on drop day. I hung my head thinking I am so screwed! Abramovitch later become the dept head. I was so happy to get that C and graduate. Started my graduate studies on schedule in the fall and the rest is history. That was the most stressful summer of my life.

Re: Least favorite Clemson professor

Jul 12, 2020, 11:01 AM

Michael Spivey (Finance)

BINGO! Spivey gets my vote!***

Jul 12, 2020, 6:22 PM

Coggeshall- Anthropology

Jul 12, 2020, 1:09 PM

Post Modern Marxist. Could have a show on MSNBC.

LOL. I was just telling someone about Coggeshall the other day...

Jul 12, 2020, 9:55 PM

on the topic of Marxist professors.

Had his class about 25 years ago.

Ma & Pa Bishop from Chemistry

I survived Ma Bishop

I survived Pa Bishop. Always heard Ma was worse.***

Jul 12, 2020, 7:29 PM

Re: I survived Pa Bishop. Always heard Ma was worse.***

Jul 12, 2020, 8:45 PM

Had Pa. good teacher but test were really hard. Finally they went to standardized tests that were at night. Remember the long trek to take the test and some guys yelling at us as we walked to the test from their window in Johnstone.

Jul 12, 2020, 2:22 PM

Hands down DP “don’t pass” Miller for sophomore physics. More than 20 years after graduation we were up at Amicolola Falls in N Georgia and a sudden storm came up. Everyone headed for shelter and there was a guy there with a Clemson shirt on so I struck up a conversation. He was a Physics professor at Clemson and I asked him if he knew DP Miller and he just smiled and said “you mean don’t pass?”

Jul 12, 2020, 6:29 PM

History professor Roger Leemhuis. He had the innate ability to make paint drying seem exciting.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 12, 2020, 7:24 PM

Root Rutledge, Botany

Jul 12, 2020, 7:28 PM

I must confess that I don't remember the names of any of my professors. Could the reason be the drinking age was 18 back in those days ? My favorite was a Geology professor that took us on a field trip to North Carolina. He warned us to prepare for the vast deserts of that state , as some counties were dry back then.

Jul 12, 2020, 7:38 PM

My post on not remembering the names of any professors while there is not in any way a put down of Clemson. I was there for 4 1/2 years, paid my own way , and retired in my mid 40's. I feel that I got my money's worth ,and give credit to Clemson, and the Professors who's names I can't remember.

Jul 13, 2020, 9:31 AM

I'm trying to figure out how everyone remembers the names of these people too. I remember a few names but not enough to say anything about them.

Jul 12, 2020, 8:41 PM

Rudisill For I think the first thermodynamics in ME. He would work a problem with his back to the class and erase with one hand just about as fast as he wrote. He had done the problems so many times that he would make a mistake but get the right answer. Really hard.

Not a bad teacher but had Bose for a calculus and he kept saying da blue. We struggled to figure out what it was. Someone finally asked and he wrote on the board. ‘W’. We all laughed and he did too. He was a good teacher.

Remember Bose and the "Wronskian". Da function da blue.....

Jul 12, 2020, 8:58 PM

It did in fact take a while to get "W" from that!

Jul 12, 2020, 9:05 PM

Ken Hatfield.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Engineering Dynamics

Jul 12, 2020, 9:56 PM

I forget the professor’s name, but he was close to retirement in the early 90’s and he taught the engineer dynamics course. He was such a smart @@@ and always had something to say if you didn’t know the answer. BTW, I dropped the class and passed with a B the next semester. However, this professor had the reputation of being overly tough. Or I was just not as smart as I thought I was!

Judy Wood

Jul 12, 2020, 10:18 PM

Conspiracy nut case.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Jul 12, 2020, 10:30 PM

Western Civilization professor Klevgard. He did not like engineer students. Fall of 1965. 26 Freshmen in the class. 1 C, 2 D’s and 23 F’s. It was nice to see a dummy with his name tag hung in effigy on one of the trees across from Hardin Hall!??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 12, 2020, 11:27 PM

Remember Chemistry classes with Ma and Pa Bishop......both were very hard to handle......thankful to get through with those classes.....Go Tigers!!!!!

Jul 12, 2020, 11:35 PM

Not to mention all those fruity English professors and teachers ......also very happy to get out of that building because all of those English people were way wacky and out there somewhere..... but not in the real world.....Go Tigers!!!!

"Root" Rutledge taught botany in 50's and 60's real uptight!***

Jul 13, 2020, 12:02 AM

Jul 13, 2020, 9:15 AM

ME, thermo - Kumar.

I am pretty sure that was his name. Had him for Therm I. Got a C and never understood it. Struggled in Thermo II, of course.

Some loser i had for a history class in 2001

Jul 13, 2020, 9:18 AM

I can't even remember his name.

D P Miller

Jul 13, 2020, 10:18 AM

Don't Pass Miller.

He wrote this on the blackboard the first day of my Physics class.
He was right.

tigercee

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 40
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic