Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
H Back Sets
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1,010

H Back Sets

Nov 14, 2020, 10:23 PM

Just thinking, would the coaches consider using a full back to offset some the OL issues? I know we have used it in the past.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: H Back Sets

Nov 14, 2020, 10:37 PM

Sounds like a good idea. Not only for running but pass protection too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 15, 2020, 7:18 AM

It could help to use a FB in I-formation. I have been interested in using a 3-TE set, but the closest we seem to come to it is our jumbo package.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 15, 2020, 9:28 AM

I think having a second back almost like cheating. It is not illegal but it is frowned upon. As is that "sneaky", homo-erotic formation where the quarterback rubs the center's butt with his thumbs before the ball is snapped. Some other teams seem to get away with it though, without too much protest from other teams. But I guess they do get yelled at in the game because I also see teams get scared sometimes before the snap and have their 2nd RB get out of the backfield and the QB move back into the shotgun where they should be. But sometimes they get confused and line up properly in the shotgun and the QB goes to feel up the center before the play starts. Maybe they are good friends and just wanted to do that? I'm sure they get yelled at on the sidelines after the series.

Using that QB under-center stuff seems kinda lazy to me though. For example, I watched a team do it (and they weren't even in the red zone!) and that quarterback didn't even move before handing it off to a back running up the middle. Why they didn't move the ball back 4 yards before giving it to the RB and maximize the amount of time the OL had to hold their blocks is a mystery. And then after that, it got even more crazy when they didn't hand the ball off but rather passed out of that QB butt feeling formation. I felt sorry for those poor Linebackers having to sort through all the backfield action as the TE's were crossing across the middle. Very unfair.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1,010
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic