Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Guys, don’t let your expectations get too high
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Guys, don’t let your expectations get too high

Oct 15, 2017, 12:34 AM

Yes, I’d like to get back in the playoffs. Do I think we have a shot, yes. Do I think it’s likely, no. We made it the past 2 years because we had a once in a generation QB in DW4. We do not have that now. KB2 is better than I thought but he is not DW4 and now that he is injured, it definitely doesn’t look good. Neither Cooper or Johnson are capable of beating GT or NC State. Keep things in perspective. Our next shot at a title will be 2 years from now with TL16 running the offense.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree.*****

Oct 15, 2017, 12:35 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Guys, don’t let your expectations get too high

Oct 15, 2017, 12:37 AM

Same people said the same thing last year after we lost to Pitt. Same people downplaying our players and coaches.

Glad our players and coaches don't act like some of the fans do. And that's why we still have an excellent shot at making the playoff for the 3rd straight year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 15, 2017, 12:42 AM

Only of KB2 gets 100% and quick! Do you seriously believe that cooper or Johnson could win at Raleigh?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 15, 2017, 12:51 AM

Yes, I do.

And more importantly our players and coaches believe. They've proven that over several years and deserve far more respect than they're getting from lots of folks on this forum. It's ridiculous.

10 win seasons galore and two straight national championship appearances. DW4 or not, it's like people just forgot about all the things that have happened to bring us to an elite level.

ONE LOSS. People need to get a grip. Not a single team has won in the playoff era undefeated. Fact.

We had Deshaun Watson last year******

Oct 15, 2017, 12:49 AM [ in reply to Re: Guys, don’t let your expectations get too high ]

Re: We had Deshaun Watson last year******

Oct 15, 2017, 12:53 AM

We're recruiting at the highest level.

If we had Greg Huegel we would have won last night. Without Deshaun Watson.

We are built to sustain success. Everyone agreed on that until last night and somehow lots of people came down with Alzheimer's.

True, but we don't have a kicker and we don't have Dehsaun.

Oct 15, 2017, 12:57 AM

This team is worse than last year. Our O is nothing special even with Bryant healthy. We aren't winning it all. Also, I saw the flaws before the loss last night.

Re: True, but we don't have a kicker and we don't have Dehsaun.

Oct 15, 2017, 1:02 AM

Funny, because until last night all I was reading was how this team was better than last year. Lots of people talking out of both sides of their mouths all of a sudden.

Those people were nuts to think that.

Oct 15, 2017, 1:06 AM

I have known all year that were are worse than last year due to our O. It's been blatantly obvious. Then we lose our kicker and it was even more obvious. ANyone who thought we were better than last year was looking through orange shades.

Re: Those people were nuts to think that.

Oct 15, 2017, 1:08 AM

I don't like to compare the two different teams now that we've sustained injuries at two key positions.

So I guess I agree and also disageee with you.

We'll see what happens, but I've seen no one outside of this forum have any doubt that we're out of the playoff or that we don't have what it takes to get back.

It wouldn't shock me if we made the playoffs at all.

Oct 15, 2017, 1:12 AM

We are capable of doing it. It wouldn't shock me if we lost a couple more games either.

Re: It wouldn't shock me if we made the playoffs at all.

Oct 15, 2017, 1:13 AM

On that logical note, I'll agree and take my leave. +1

Re: We had Deshaun Watson last year

Oct 15, 2017, 2:34 AM [ in reply to Re: We had Deshaun Watson last year****** ]

As far as Huegel we did that one to ourselves which is very frustrating. We knew what we had as a backup and we still went ahead with a live rush and got Huegel hurt. Backup came in as a scholarship guy from day one and hast won the job. Maybe he had a bad night but since he could never beat a walk on I suspect its one we missed on. His misses were awful not just wide by a bit. Guys on the O need to do their job and score tds. Not depend on a kicker

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 15, 2017, 12:46 AM

I have no problem with straight up losses, in fact our number is kinda up this season anyway based on 3 glorious years of DW4. I feel uncomfortable with the perceived deception of the staff and the playing not to lose logic. For heaven's sake we've just won a title, we actually have nothing to lose this season. We should be taking risks like there's no tomorrow, but we don't. Still hopeful for a good bowl.

Oct 15, 2017, 12:48 AM

I agree 100%. Definitely never have that killer instinct.

I disagree...I believe we are capable of running the table

Oct 15, 2017, 12:49 AM

just like last year with a healthy KB or HJ. ZC hasn't shown me enough to have as much confidence in him. I believe ZC was put in over HJ because he was more experienced with the game plan and his game most resembles ZC.

I think a game plan setup for HJ would give us a good chance to win if KB isn't ready; HJ style of play is closer to DW's. Pure speculation and opinion.

Re: I disagree...I believe we are capable of running the table

I hear people on here talking like HJ is the MAN but I have only seen him play 1 good drive against WF. He may be awesome but I just don’t know where the evidence is.

Oct 15, 2017, 12:58 AM

Without knowing where the evidence is you still seem certain that Cooper and Johnson aren't capable.

You can't have it both ways.

Oct 15, 2017, 1:03 AM

The point is, no one knows. We saw Cooper last night and he had a shot to lead his team to a victory. That didn’t happen. Now everyone is upset that HJ didn’t play. Obviously the coaches think Cooper is better.

Oct 15, 2017, 1:10 AM

You seem to have no doubt...and no belief in our chances. You're backtracking.

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/thread/Seriously-do-any-of-you-believe-that-Cooper-or-1739969?tstart=0

And no, not "everyone is upset."

The coaches and players were on vacation last night Syracuse through the kitchen sink at us and we still almost won. I think the Tigers roll.

I still think we have an excellent chance.

Oct 15, 2017, 1:00 AM

Expect it? No . . . it will be tough, and I always expected it would be . . . but optimistic still. And, if we don't, I'll be just fine.

GO TIGERS!!!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Oct 15, 2017, 9:01 AM

This post is spot on. I know we all want to believe that lightning can strike twice and all that but the odds for a repeat after 1 loss are very long. We dont have DW4 anymore and he was a once in a generation type college football player. Plus, and I think this is even more important, who are the leaders on this team? Where are the Ben Boulewares, Jordan Leggetts, Mike Williams, Wayne Gallman, ETC? Hunter Renfrow has proven himself to be an incredible big game player but I dont see him as inspirational in that sense to the rest of the team.

MOST, not all, but most great teams have either great QBs or great Defenses and serviceable QBs - see BAMA. I thought we might we one of those but, after Fri night, our Defense isnt elite, game in and game out and we dont have a DW4 who wants the ball with 2 minutes left and the game on the line.

I want to be proven wrong and will cheer hard and hope for the best but just like this poster, I think we need to remember that this is a totally different team from last year.and dont be surprised if there aren't at least 2 more losses in this picture.

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic