Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Gundy takes 1M pay-cut stemming from OAN shirt
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 1

Gundy takes 1M pay-cut stemming from OAN shirt

Jul 3, 2020, 6:26 PM

WOW. They said it was about more than the shirt and a pattern of behavior, whatever.

We’ve reached a point in society where you can loose millions of dollars for promoting a mews network that deviates from the MSM.

Wow just wow.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Gundy takes 1M pay-cut stemming from OAN shirt

Jul 3, 2020, 6:31 PM

More Insanity. The AD said there was no evidence of Racism whatsoever in the Program. So, you are docking his pay 1M for wearing a T-Shirt some people do not like!

Hopefully they donate that $1MM to ActBlue and the Dems.

Jul 3, 2020, 7:35 PM

Or else they aren’t really serious about equality and change. And making sure you never wear a T-shirt that isn’t on The Party’s approved clothing list, as determined by the Freedom and Liberty Committee.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jul 3, 2020, 6:33 PM

It really is laughable. I’m just as ok with someone wearing an oan shirt as I am with a blm shirt, but to say one is acceptable but one isn’t, with both being strong political statements is where I lose people.

Turn left or don’t turn at all is the new movement, and I consider myself a neutral who votes for multiple parties on my balance with an open mind to my location.

Jul 3, 2020, 6:34 PM

With balance and open mind to my location*

Jul 3, 2020, 6:38 PM

There seems to be more to it than that - one suspects this a straw on the camel's back situation. Don't personally care a whit about him or OSU, but I don't see anything about this kerfluffle on the Google that makes my knickers wad up.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 3, 2020, 6:40 PM

Well, overall, Oklahoma is a pretty racist state, so it wouldn’t shock me if he is. Just think that the shirt being the thing that caused public outrage and then him losing a million is absolute insanity.

Jul 3, 2020, 6:50 PM

You know it’s D bags like you that keep me from hearing dissenting opinions.

Jul 3, 2020, 6:58 PM

You blanket Oklahoma as racist, right off the bat. Who tha fuq are u? It’s the same labeling we get here In aSouth Carolina. It’s funny how the people who label places as “ racists” are usually people that don’t live amongst any other people of a different race.

We live together and get along good.. Ivory tower types should try that sometime.

Jul 3, 2020, 8:05 PM

Are you originally from Oklahoma? You mad, bro?

He should be mad, your comment about Oklahoma was racist***

Jul 3, 2020, 8:08 PM

Re: He should be mad, your comment about Oklahoma was racist***

Jul 3, 2020, 8:11 PM

Obviously you haven’t watched Tiger King

nope, below my level, but I guess that's the point

Jul 3, 2020, 10:23 PM

people like you who "generalize" based on a few examples are exactly where the problem lies

on BOTH sides of the coin.

Stop generalizing - stop demonizing - stop weaponizing.

I can speak directly to it, and you are full of crap.***

Jul 3, 2020, 11:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Gundy takes 1M pay-cut stemming from OAN shirt ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You were exposed...

Jul 3, 2020, 11:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Gundy takes 1M pay-cut stemming from OAN shirt ]

publically as having s-!t 4 brains, numb nut$-

Jul 3, 2020, 10:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Gundy takes 1M pay-cut stemming from OAN shirt ]

I was born and reared in "upstate" NY, but I "grew up" in the South, having entered Clemson in 1973, class of '78, at the new age of 17 yrs. old. Only after a couple of years did I realize that there are no more hard core racist rednecks than there are in "upstate NY." Period. And it's still true. The media speaks of "red necks" in the South, etc., and racism, but racism is far more prevalent in the North than it is in the South. The history of friends and family here in the South has taught me love, respect and admiration for people of all colors, races and religions. Just my observation, but having lived both here for nearly fifty years, and there, for simply 17 yrs. (I'll never forget my home and upbringing), prejudice in the South, today, is nothing but a media whitewash. Bias and racism is everywhere, but it's least of all in the South, truly.

Go Tigers!!!

Jul 4, 2020, 7:25 AM

The President of Kappa Sigma at Clemson in 1998 told me and my roommate that we needed to "understand that we are in the South now," to excuse his chapter's behavior on using horrific racial language towards independents on the hall, in his attempt to apologize. So apparently there are white people from SC, who thought that it's more racist in the South, and we should EXPECT to deal with it.

Jul 4, 2020, 11:53 AM

Can't comment on that, but I have lived in the South (for 35 years) and in Northern Ohio (for 20 years) and there is no doubt in my mind that racism is much worse up here than in the South. Northerners would never believe that, though.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 4, 2020, 11:15 AM [ in reply to Re: Gundy takes 1M pay-cut stemming from OAN shirt ]

Gotta say TNet these days isn’t helping the labels folks apply to SC residents.

if there is more to it...

Jul 3, 2020, 7:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Gundy takes 1M pay-cut stemming from OAN shirt ]

shouldn't he be fired? I don't get it. Maybe the rich alumni should speak up

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 3, 2020, 6:50 PM

Does this mean that Dabo is at risk of losing millions for wearing a shirt that says FB matters???

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 3, 2020, 6:55 PM

‘If liberty means anything at all it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.’
1984 George Orwell

Racist Lives Matter***

Jul 3, 2020, 7:58 PM

Oh #### off.***

Jul 3, 2020, 9:35 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

well howdy too... anyway, say "Equal Lives Matter" or

Jul 3, 2020, 10:20 PM

"American Live Matter" or "Free Lives Matter" or "USA Lives Matter" or Democracy Lives Matter" or

anything but "black" or "white" and it pretty much ain't racist.

Sorry but that's just Webster's, mon ami. As soon as you use the word, it's racist.

Jul 3, 2020, 8:01 PM

An oxcart full of road apples...

Glad they did that to him***

Jul 3, 2020, 8:23 PM

Re: Glad they did that to him***

Jul 4, 2020, 12:20 AM

An honest lefist shouting to all "I have no sense of morality, nor do I desire any; I have only a sense of entitlement"? programmed

Im not a leftist at all. Why would you say that?***

Jul 4, 2020, 6:51 PM

Yep, so much for diversity and freedom of expression.

Jul 3, 2020, 9:37 PM

This is an all out attack on America and everything it stands for, make no mistake. This is no longer about the murder of George Floyd (which outraged all people of every race/color/political affiliation), police misconduct, or even racism and racial injustice. It is a war against individual freedom, individual rights, and justice and the rule of law. It's about ripping out everything by the roots and reshaping everything by a brainwashed, ill-educated mob. It's all under attack and it's gaining steam because people have grown complacent.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Yep, so much for diversity and freedom of expression.

Jul 4, 2020, 11:28 AM

Oh, bull.

This one was about money and bargaining position. Gundy's a racist idiot or he wouldn't have been wearing an OAN T-shirt; like his trademark mullet the shirt was an obvious defiant upraised middle finger in the direction of that "liberalism" you so decry. You can't watch OAN for five minutes and not know what they're about.

That puts Gundy, who is a college football coach dependent upon his ability to recruit in football players, more than 50% of whom are going to be African-American - in a precarious position, because opposing coaches can and will use that - and Chuba Hubbard's response to that photo - against him. I guarantee you he's being clobbered over the head with it on every contested recruit as we speak.

Which in turn drastically lowers Gundy's rehireability...and in turn, his market value. Rather than fire him the obvious conclusion is that the AD seized on the opportunity to get the same coach at a much cheaper price.

This one was all about perceived market value...and in recruiting perception is everything. I honestly can't believe Gundy was somehow unaware enough to wear that shirt in public, much less when photographs were being taken...even my 18-year-old son knows to keep his social media utterly pristine because it's a permanent and public snapshot of him. The fact that a college coach whose contract is worth millions somehow can't is just...dumb.

Jul 4, 2020, 12:00 PM

It's not about any of that. It's about political correctness using strong arm tactics against personal freedoms. We are becoming a nation ruled by emotions rather than laws. He is being punished because he "might" have offended some, while breaking no laws. At the very least, his actions are **supposedly** defended by the Bill of Rights.

Jul 4, 2020, 1:07 PM

He didn't "maybe" offend some. He definitely offended his star, Heisman-trophy-candidate running back and the guy who lapped by a mile all other college football RB's in football. To the point the guy spoke out, publicly, against his own head coach...which is almost unprecedented in college football.

That's as real as it needs to be.

If you're a coach dependent on the services of African-Americans to come be a part of your program and be a part of your team, you'd durn well better be aware enough not to wear symbols that make them mad.

If you're a coach, your livelihood and success depends on your ability to reach your players and recruit, period. If Gundy couldn't be empathetic, he could at least be smart. He wasn't.

Telling Chuba Hubbard he just needs to shut up, know his place, and that he's got nothing to be mad about is probably...not the best way to achieve harmony in one's locker room. (Even Gundy backed away from that because he knew exactly how that would go!) Do you see Dabo doing dumb stuff like that? All of Dabo's myriad haters - almost all of whom are from outside the program, and whose applecarts and gravy trains have been massively disrupted by Clemson's small-market/smaller-conference ascendancy the last five years - have thrown everything they could at him this offseason and none of it stuck.

Why? My personal belief is because unlike Gundy, Dabo's not just pretending to be OK with black people while sending very different signals with his choice of attire. In contrast, Dabo's as genuine as it comes and the biggest part of being genuine is genuinely caring what the people around you think and feel. People are not stupid; it doesn't take them long at all to spot the difference. And precisely because he is so genuine, Dabo's team has vociferously defended him - even guys like Nuk Hopkins, who has no shortage of chips on his shoulder. But even Nuk calls Dabo "the best coach I've ever been around."

Anybody can look OK when times are easy. But in trying times it's when quality really rises to the top and that's exactly why Dabo's stock has only risen...while Gundy's has taken an absolute beating.

Jul 4, 2020, 2:49 PM

Incredibly well thought out post.

BIZARRO W?®Ld ¡! ?***

Jul 3, 2020, 10:19 PM

Jul 4, 2020, 12:02 AM

It’s freaking crazy we are giving anybody that kind of absolute power. And absolute power corrupts!

This is more BS. Just like renaming the Washington Redskins. Why is it such a problem 50 plus years later. Next I guess will be the Atlanta Braves, the Cleveland Indians, Florida State Seminole's even though the Seminole. Nation makes a lot of money off of FSU.

This is the first steps of the communists trying to take over a nation and the government. If you love your freedom, you had better start fighting back.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow! I thought $20 was an expensive shirt.***

Jul 4, 2020, 12:45 AM

Jul 4, 2020, 3:48 AM

All media is mainstream , but that's me . If you've got a voice on camera telling a story like you want it told ...mainstream media . The left doesn't own that title , the right has just as much culpability .
The two party system is broken , and has been for decades .

DB23

Jul 4, 2020, 7:41 AM

All media is mainstream , but that's me . If you've got a voice on camera telling a story like you want it told ...mainstream media . The left doesn't own that title , the right has just as much culpability .
The two party system is broken , and has been for decades .

Trump is/was a 3rd party candidate in everything but name only. This is another reason why he needs 4 more years.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 4, 2020, 9:20 AM

Well for a 3rd party candidate he sure got a lot of support from one of the top 2 ... and he gets a truckload of guff from the other one ??

DB23

Jul 4, 2020, 8:27 AM

Wear a white-supremacy apologist network t-shirt, and a fine is likely the best outcome your employer is going to offer you.

Replies: 40
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic