Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Marriott Clemson trying to cancel dozens of reservations
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 44
| visibility 1

Marriott Clemson trying to cancel dozens of reservations

Jul 9, 2019, 1:52 PM

https://andystravelblog.boardingarea.com/2019/07/09/courtyard-marriott-clemson-cancellation/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What a whiny little #####***

Jul 9, 2019, 2:25 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

I don't know, seems like he has a real complaint.***

Jul 9, 2019, 2:27 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

?

Jul 9, 2019, 2:30 PM [ in reply to What a whiny little #####*** ]

A reservation is a reservation and should be honored at the confirmed rate. I would raise hell too if I had been affected.

Hotel overbooked so now he gets the same rate at a

Jul 9, 2019, 2:32 PM

comparable hotel in Greenville. So what?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Hotel overbooked so now he gets the same rate at a

Jul 9, 2019, 2:34 PM

You and I both know the hotel didn’t overbook...they just saw an opportunity to make more money...even if dishonestly.

No, I don't know that and I seriously doubt you know that

Jul 9, 2019, 2:40 PM

The author doesn't even know that. We also don't know how he booked the room do we? There are a lot of unknowns here. But what we do know is:

1. He booked a room
2. The hotel said they overbooked
3. He got a comparable room for the same price in Greenville

Ok.

Re: No, I don't know that and I seriously doubt you know that

Jul 9, 2019, 2:44 PM

Their reservation system is not that inept...I would push the issue until they comped me a room at the Greenville property.

How does their reservation system work in conjunction with

Jul 9, 2019, 2:47 PM

all of the 3rd party travel sites? Is it not possible that thousands of people could have been booking rooms within the same time frame on dozens of websites and caused it to overbook?

I called and booked the entire hotel at 1000 a room a night

Jul 9, 2019, 2:49 PM

they said no problem Mr. Neal in NC

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is that fluorocarbon or steel you using for a leader, coot ?***

Jul 9, 2019, 2:55 PM [ in reply to How does their reservation system work in conjunction with ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

GWP's serious, he has not looked up & to the right.***

Jul 9, 2019, 2:56 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A leader? I don't understand ***

Jul 9, 2019, 3:05 PM [ in reply to Is that fluorocarbon or steel you using for a leader, coot ?*** ]

You sound like an attorney.***

Jul 9, 2019, 3:00 PM [ in reply to How does their reservation system work in conjunction with ]

Ok***

Jul 9, 2019, 3:12 PM

Re: 3rd party travel sites

Jul 9, 2019, 6:17 PM [ in reply to How does their reservation system work in conjunction with ]

I have spent the last two days at work dealing with credit card issues involving third party booking sites. I'll definitely support putting the blame on them!

Re: How does their reservation system work in conjunction with

Jul 10, 2019, 3:03 PM [ in reply to How does their reservation system work in conjunction with ]

Not a likely scenario if you think about. These apparently are mostly aTm fans who booked last fall which was way before anybody was looking at Tigers for the Natty. Now that we are there’s a higher demand and the hotels know they can ask higher prices. Capitalism and Econ 101 converge.

Still it ain’t right, and you know it. Btw I got a sweet AirB&B spot 20’ from DV up by Table Rock if anybody interested

Greenville is at least 30 minutes down the road, that might

Jul 9, 2019, 3:33 PM [ in reply to Hotel overbooked so now he gets the same rate at a ]

be an issue

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

30 minutes is nothing, especially for a real fan

Jul 9, 2019, 3:41 PM

I mean, you drive several hours to attend every basketball game, so what's 30 minutes to attend a football game? Plus IMO it's better to stay in Greenville anyway, more restaurants and bars to choose from and a fun time downtown.

Are you the Courtyard GM?

Jul 9, 2019, 3:50 PM

Greenville and Clemson are the same, so what's the big deal? Seriously?

I hope the gouging $$ are worth the bad PR.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, I'm not, but let me help out some since you seem to be

Jul 9, 2019, 3:56 PM

confused:

1. Clemson and Greenville are not the same
2. Suggesting anything took place other than the hotel accidentally overbooking is pure conjecture at this point
3. Bad PR? I'm willing to bet that hotel is sold out for every home game weekend this year, and will be for the next several years.
4. The author is a whiny little #####

If that's your idea of service...I do NOT

Jul 9, 2019, 4:51 PM

Nor ever will, desire your assistance. I'm not the least confused about what 'doing the right thing' means. The day anyone tries to convince me that being moved 3 miles, much less 30 miles is stellar service, is the day I should accept the 'Excellence in Stupidity' award.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's not 30 minutes on a Gameday though***

Jul 9, 2019, 4:39 PM [ in reply to 30 minutes is nothing, especially for a real fan ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Depending on what time you leave it is***

Jul 9, 2019, 4:44 PM

Re: Greenville is at least 30 minutes down the road, that might

Jul 11, 2019, 7:46 AM [ in reply to Greenville is at least 30 minutes down the road, that might ]

The two hotels given for alternatives are on the Spartanburg side of Greenville and the chronically constipated Gateway project at the I85-I385 “malfunction junction”. From there it’s over an hour to Clemson on a good day.

This is not a good look for Clemson from the perspective of visiting team fans

Re: What a whiny little #####***

Jul 10, 2019, 4:51 PM [ in reply to What a whiny little #####*** ]

Nah he has a legit argument.
If this happened to you , you would be pis sed also.

see thread:

Jul 9, 2019, 2:47 PM

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Courtyard-Marriott-Clemson-cancelled-my-room-for-A38;M-game-25584431

Best Is The Standard

That person should not have used hotels.com

Jul 9, 2019, 2:48 PM

that's huge mistake #1.

Re: see thread:

Jul 9, 2019, 2:57 PM [ in reply to see thread: ]

reverseknarf

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Marriott Clemson trying to cancel reservations- worse

Jul 9, 2019, 2:53 PM

years ago there was a hotel in Clemson w peepholes to spy on guests in their rooms. I cant remember the name or find the article on google. I think it got shut down

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Marriott Clemson trying to cancel reservations- worse

Jul 9, 2019, 3:01 PM

That was the Holiday Inn next to the lake at the US 123 bridge. Since torn down

Re: Marriott Clemson trying to cancel dozens of reservations

Jul 9, 2019, 3:11 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-brgkkjnHc

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

I responded to this ad and was treated fairly!

Jul 9, 2019, 3:12 PM

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Court-Yard-Mariot-super-hotel-1-25586424

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Crooks.

Jul 9, 2019, 3:16 PM

The world's full of 'em.

Jul 9, 2019, 3:31 PM

that's embarassing....and while not directly associated with the University or AD, that's a bad look for the school....

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 9, 2019, 5:07 PM

they are a seperate entity entirely . it reflects nothing on the school.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 9, 2019, 3:44 PM

I saw a post on here last week from some Clemson fans complaining about the exact same issue. This isn’t just a whiny visiting fan.

This Marriott location is absolutely pulling a fast one.

Jul 9, 2019, 6:03 PM

They assuredly screwed up by not having updated their rates for 2019's football season calendar back in September 2018 - roughly a year out. They're likely a $300/night + location during these events. Someone on their staff dropped the ball by not simply going full football rate at the time on all potential weekends - a year out mind you - until our schedule was released, at which point they simply go back in and straighten out the rates for when they're appropriate. I mean, outside of football, who books a hotel a year in advance in Clemson? Now they are hoping that people will fall for the "overbooked" reasoning and open spaces up to flip at their football rate.

It's shady. It's covering up for their mistake. They should man up and bite this one and do better next time.

Go Tigers! Crush the Aggies!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I travel a LOT there is NO WAY this was an accident

Jul 9, 2019, 7:30 PM

I usually stay at Marriotts, Hyatt and Hilton. In 30+ years of traveling 20+ times a year I have ever only had 2 similar problems:
* Once a Marriott in Boston had college students staying there before moving into their dorm and their dorm wasn't ready and they wouldn't kick them out. They used their limo to drive "over booked" guests to other hotels and they paid tor the other rooms and DID NOT charge my anything.
* I made the mistake of booking a hotel through Hotels.com and found out when I arrived they didn't have any rooms.

I now always book through the hotel's website and never had any problems other than above. Marriott's booking software did not mess up. Most Courtyards are franchises and the owner found out they forgot to raise the nightly rates for the A&M game so did so, over booked and then informed those with the low rates there have been a "mistake".

I think this makes Clemson look very bad (even though not the university's fault).

At the end of the day calling a hotel direct, once you know

Jul 9, 2019, 9:06 PM

what rates are available online, is usually the best route to both rate and security of reservation. The booking costs the hotel the least amount of money and it's hard to weasel out when it was your staff that placed it.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That just ain't right***

Jul 10, 2019, 4:55 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 11, 2019, 7:56 AM

Marriott sucks. I had the same thing happen to me at the Marriott in Jacksonville, Fl for a Gator Bowl years ago. Upon checkin I learned that we had been moved to St. Augustine. I haven't used Marroott since then.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 11, 2019, 7:57 AM

Marriott sucks. I had the same thing happen to me at the Marriott in Jacksonville, Fl for a Gator Bowl years ago. Upon checkin I learned that we had been moved to St. Augustine. I haven't used Marroott since then.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 11, 2019, 10:47 AM

Courtyard Marriott made a mistake.
Those rooms have never been $130./ on football weekend. The rooms were priced incorrectly when the reservation was made. The hotel recognized the error, notified the customers and made the best possible offer they could make and they did it a decent amount of time ahead of the game. The only problem I see is the "we are overbooked by hundreds of room" excuse. I doubt that is true; if it is true they have a faulty system.

If a deal sounds too good to be true, it probably is. What TAMU fan thought that price was real for a football weekend in Clemson? NONE OF THEM THOUGHT THAT PRICE WAS REASONABLE.

When I went to the Clemson game at College Station I stayed in Houston. The prices near TAMU were incredibly high.

So the hotel made a mistake. They do not have to honor that rate.

The hotel business is competitive. If you want tto hold this against Marriott do so. But don't whine about the error and the fact you are not getting a deal too good to be true.

I hope this doesn’t happen with my hotel in nola

Jul 11, 2019, 10:52 AM

That I booked the day after this past natty for $160

Replies: 44
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic