Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Probably wrong board, but I gotta share.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Probably wrong board, but I gotta share.

Dec 30, 2020, 10:25 AM

Got my COVID vaccination shot this morning. (Moderna, so I've got to get the second one in a month.)

This was the first day in my county it was available to the general public who was 65+.

Can't wait to get the 2nd one.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great news that they are transitioning to the general public.

Dec 30, 2020, 10:40 AM

Last I heard, TN was just starting on elder care facilities.

My sister who is in SC has been told that it could be available to her in a week because of her transplant status. I am a little nervous because she has autoimmune problems, but her transplant doctors say she needs to get it.

Keep us posted if you have any side effects.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Great news that they are transitioning to the general public.

Dec 30, 2020, 10:57 AM

Prayers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 31, 2020, 9:09 PM [ in reply to Great news that they are transitioning to the general public. ]

My wife is a nurse here in SC. She had the round one shot about a week ago. No side effects other than a very sore arm.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 31, 2020, 9:43 PM [ in reply to Great news that they are transitioning to the general public. ]

Tennessee Lady Tiger, who told your sister that? Very interested to hear also due to transplant status and from SC.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Probably wrong board, but I gotta share.

Dec 30, 2020, 10:42 AM

65+, I had you pegged for early 60s. You're a thick skinned ol codger!

Be well!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 30, 2020, 11:44 AM

I won't tell you my age. I'll just say I'm less than a year from being 70. (I'm speaking in code. If any coot is trolling he'll never figure out my real age.)

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought Bret was in his 30's!***

Dec 31, 2020, 9:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Probably wrong board, but I gotta share. ]

Dec 30, 2020, 10:51 AM

Lucky you. I'm a 65 yr old dentist in SC, and I'm not eligible yet. I'm 14" from the source of this problem multiple times daily creating an aerosol...On purpose. Government. Go figure.

Dec 30, 2020, 4:45 PM

You're eligible for the 1b group, along with essential workers, right?
Daughter that's an RN in the PRISMA hospital system has been scheduled to get her shot at the end of January and my work is waiting for further information in scheduling me for mine; both of us are requesting it.

CUvsFSU2011win

-- Too many daughters and not enough bullets. --

Dec 31, 2020, 3:42 PM

We THINK that we're going to be in 1B, but as of this week the SC Dental Association's email said that the distribution of vaccines around SC has been at the discretion of the local hospital administrators and since most DMDs aren't part of hospital staffs... Therefore only the oral surgeons that are part of the hospital staff have been vaccinated. In a couple of areas of the state, like Myrtle Beach, some of the dentists have received the vaccine...because the hospital administrator OK'd it. SC DHEC's guidelines talk about frontline medical providers working in direct contact with COVID 19 patients, but specifically excludes dentists and dental hygienists. In the meantime we keep working, and "facing" the virus. Go tigers.

Dec 31, 2020, 10:31 PM

Dentists should absolutely be among the first group to get the vaccine based on the multiple daily prolonged exposure to aerosolized secretions. Same for the dental hygienists and assistants. I hope you guys raise enough of a ruckus to get the vaccine very soon.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

they JUST announced Dentists, assts, and hyg's in grp 1A

Dec 31, 2020, 11:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Probably wrong board, but I gotta share. ]

so we should be able to get it soon, just a big question on how the communication from the hospitals will work. Going to have to start reaching out and shaking some hospital trees. I would rather get the Pfizer, which is what our local hospital is using for round one(1A), then switching to Moderna for 1B. We'll see! Good luck

Called the State Board early today, and they didn't know squat. We called our local House Rep and she had us an answer ASAP.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

Dec 30, 2020, 4:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Probably wrong board, but I gotta share. ]

That's crazy. BOL.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 31, 2020, 9:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Probably wrong board, but I gotta share. ]

Good luck to you DMD.
I had a crown fall out in late January and before I could have it replaced the epidemic hit.
I've deferred going back for an appointment all year and won't until it's painful or i get the vaccine.
Same with eye and other routine checkups.
Retired so i can avoid people indoors for the most part. Outdoors is a different story.

You aren't considered a health care worker?***

Dec 31, 2020, 9:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Probably wrong board, but I gotta share. ]

Dec 30, 2020, 11:34 AM

Hope it keeps you safe!

Finally - it pays to be old! :-)

Dec 30, 2020, 11:47 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Trying to get an appointment in Brevard

Dec 30, 2020, 4:59 PM

Phones lines are all clogged.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dang, my wife is a nurse that treats Covid patients

Dec 31, 2020, 3:44 PM

directly and hasn't made it to the front of the line yet. She should get hers next week though.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dang, my wife is a nurse that treats Covid patients

Dec 31, 2020, 3:48 PM

Crazy. I guess it depends on the state?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that and the fact that the hospital system is giving the

Dec 31, 2020, 5:05 PM

vaccines so the hospital staff gets it first. My wife works for a dialysis clinic so they have to wait.

Dec 31, 2020, 3:47 PM

Immunity starts in 10-14 days. Start the countdown.

Dec 31, 2020, 10:32 PM

Congrats. I thought Moderna was one shot? And Pfizer was two?

Dec 31, 2020, 11:52 PM

I think you’re right about Pfizer being 2 shots about 4 weeks apart .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2021, 9:12 AM

Pfizer and Moderna are both 2 shot vaccines. Pfizer is given 21 days apart and Moderna 28. For DMDRanch, I see SC DHEC has dentists, dental hygienists and assistants in the 1a group, so you should be good to go soon.

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic