Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For new YouTubeTV'rs TIP
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

For new YouTubeTV'rs TIP

Oct 7, 2019, 9:22 AM

I Discovered a neat feature while watching games Saturday'

I assume it would work while watching any content, not just sports.

While watching a game , I pressed the down arrow key twice, and it showed me a list of icons (while my game was still playing ) across the bottom of the screen for all the other games that were on at the same tome. I switched between games very easily once I understood this.

Anyway it was a very neat little find.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you. Are you using a Roku device?***

Oct 7, 2019, 9:25 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: Thank you. Are you using a Roku device?***

Oct 7, 2019, 9:29 AM

Yes, I am using a Roku on several TVs, however on my Samsung Smart TV , it works the same way. The down arrow that I am talking about is the downward pointing arrow that is one of the 4 arrows surrounding the "OK" or "Select" button

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

no, he's using youtube

Oct 7, 2019, 11:19 AM [ in reply to Thank you. Are you using a Roku device?*** ]

HTHs

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: no, he's using youtube

Oct 7, 2019, 11:27 AM

YouTubeTV has a grid option

Great find +1***

Oct 7, 2019, 9:27 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Great find +1***

Oct 7, 2019, 10:09 AM

Thanks for the tip.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They need a "last" or Favorites button.

Oct 7, 2019, 9:56 AM

My one complaint about YouTubeTV is the interface. Thought both Vue and Sling were better on that front. Not enough to make up for the extra simultaneous streams and unlimited DVR though.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed

Oct 7, 2019, 10:10 AM

There are a few really puzzling things about the interface. It seems to be stuck in between being a streaming service and TV service and borrows aspects of both in UI design, but it sort of makes it worse than either at times.

Additionally, there is no way to remove or hide a recording once you watch it. You have to wait the 9 months (evidently) for it to roll off your recorded listings. You also can't (evidently) mark them as viewed and they don't reliably mark themselves as viewed either. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't.

But, the service itself works great, and is at a good enough price point as to make the above tolerable.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Agreed

Oct 7, 2019, 11:05 AM

There are a few really puzzling things about the interface. It seems to be stuck in between being a streaming service and TV service and borrows aspects of both in UI design, but it sort of makes it worse than either at times.

Additionally, there is no way to remove or hide a recording once you watch it. You have to wait the 9 months (evidently) for it to roll off your recorded listings. You also can't (evidently) mark them as viewed and they don't reliably mark themselves as viewed either. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't.

But, the service itself works great, and is at a good enough price point as to make the above tolerable.

Few thoughts,
1. I assume that you have used the "Live" grid style option on the right after you log in? I rearranged the channel order on my profile (1 of 6) to match my viewing habits, and that worked well for me. All my sports together, all my news together, all locals etc

2 I havent noticed a problem with it not marking reciorded content as viewed. On my TVs it shows a red line across the bottom of the recorded eposide that basically underlinest he portion of the episode that has been watched. So that you can join at that point when you come back to it. I would like to be able to delete the viewed episode, the only reason that I can see for not doing that is if you are sharing a profile, so the other person might want to watch it later.

3. It is irratating on some shows that tag a preview to the end of an episode, if you dont watch it all the way to the end it will not mark it as completely viewed. I have noticed that they are sneeking in new features all the time.

Re: For new YouTubeTV'rs TIP

Oct 7, 2019, 10:14 AM

thanks!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

Re: For new YouTubeTV'rs TIP

Oct 7, 2019, 10:33 AM

Awesome thanks!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You rang?***

Oct 7, 2019, 12:09 PM

I'm getting closer and closer...

Oct 7, 2019, 1:02 PM

...to telling Spectrum where to stick their DVR.

I will check Hulu Live ***

Oct 7, 2019, 1:05 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Great FInd +1

Oct 7, 2019, 1:31 PM

Thanks!

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic