Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good breakdown of adjustments made by Venables in Fiesta
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Good breakdown of adjustments made by Venables in Fiesta

Jan 3, 2020, 7:00 AM

http://sportstreatise.com/2019/12/rise-of-the-inverted-tampa-2-clemson-goes-b12-on-ohio-state/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That is a great analysis

Jan 3, 2020, 7:47 AM

Thanks for sharing.

It answers my biggest question on the playing time breakdown, which was "Why did Nyles Pinckney only get 9 snaps?"

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That is a great analysis

Jan 3, 2020, 12:17 PM

Against T A&M, BV went to the 3-3-5 and it was very effective in shutting down the running game, which is paradoxical because we were actually removing one guy from the box.

This explains how this happens. That's awesome to know. Thanks for posting!

Great breakdown, questionable writing

Jan 3, 2020, 10:02 AM

“ Tanner Muse is sort of your stereotypical white safety. He’s a 3-star from North Carolina with size (6-2, 225), toughness, heady play (four INTs), but limited lateral range and hips. Alabama pushed him off the field a year ago with their receivers, he’s at his best fitting runs in the box from the boundary hash.

Nolan Turner, who replaced the DT, is almost the opposite of Muse. He has great range and is comfortable playing out in space against great receivers. When the Tigers get into sub-packages, like this one, Turner takes on the toughest coverage position at field safety. But he was a no-star and the son of a fullback that was friends with Dabo Swinney, so the assumption is typically that he’s more like Muse. Another hard-hitting honky rather than a high level athlete. I guess he got the last laugh ultimately.”

Change the race of Muse and Turner and tell me this article runs with those tropes...

Re: Great breakdown, questionable writing

Jan 3, 2020, 10:59 AM

We can't put our standard on someone else's. He's writing like people, all people/players, talk on the field. You realize that most blacks say the N-word 200 times/day, right? And, if you are white and among blacks and they know you and you know them as individuals, then your use of the N-word is okay per your teammates - you get the "N-card." Say it if you want to or not with the people you practice, sweat, and shower. The field and locker room is a place where PCness does not and should not live. That's the spirit in which the article is written.

Honky is socially acceptable or at least an order of magnitude less of an issue than the N-word. Is it racist to notice that most college/pro football players are black? Is it non PC to notice it is unusual to have a white DB run down an elite black RB? How can these observations be a problem, when the left throws anyone's non-white-male status in the faces of everyone else and, in fact, demands the "privileged" whites to understand and acknowledge everyone else's history of struggles and victimhood status?

Actually, too bad everyday life is not more like a football team. Before the left started *emphasizing* differences among people to falsely create victims and a victimhood mentality among protected classes, all for the sake of keeping the liberal elites in office, race relations were much better. Today if I, the white person, am not aware of the 10,000 ways a person might be offended, then I am racist against that person. SMH.

Re: Great breakdown, questionable writing

Jan 3, 2020, 11:05 AM

So there’s no need to advocate for equal treatment in print?

I understand your sentiment, though I still stand by my original statement. If the races were changed this would not have the tropes. There was no mention of Dobbins being a traditional fast black back... for example.

Re: Good breakdown of adjustments made by Venables in Fiesta

Jan 3, 2020, 1:26 PM

One key sentence explains for the people that have criticized Xavier Thomas why he hasn’t had great pass rushing stats. He’s actually graded out really well this year overall.

“They want to allow the DEs to rush the edge some but more importantly they want to set an edge against running plays and not allow an outside zone team like Ohio State to run wild”

I guess I'll have to buy this guy's book! Great info...***

Jan 3, 2020, 1:54 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The same writer has another good break down of the running

Jan 3, 2020, 8:05 PM

backs from the game.

http://sportstreatise.com/2020/01/clemson-vs-ohio-state-and-the-role-of-a-modern-running-back/

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic