Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Gotta stir the pot
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Gotta stir the pot

Jan 1, 2020, 11:22 AM

I don't understand why teams like Ohio State and Alabama can't take defeat gracefully. In the 2018 Sugar Bowl when Alabama beat Clemson 24-6, Dabo's post-game comment was, "we got beat by a better team tonight." Is Dabo the only coach left capable of this?

When we beat Bama in Santa Clara for the 2019 Natty, Saban and the Alabama players essentially said that Clemson had nothing to do with it... it was just an off-night for Bama; they were fatigued after a tough SEC schedule. Saban went so far as to say, "we just didn't have our Alabama factor." Following the Fiesta Bowl on Saturday night, all I've heard is that OSU got cheated out of the game by officiating. Consider this video, in which former NFL Referee Terry McAuley piles on with one more "blown call" by the officials-- he claims that since Will Spiers was not "endangered" it should not have been roughing...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIycT7y10EU

He obviously has no problem with ignoring the NCAA rule that if the kicker's leg is in the air, it's roughing. Both of Spiers' feet were off the ground when he was hit. McAuley was a lousy NFL referee, and apparently he hasn't learned anything since retiring.

Going beyond this, I am adamant that Ryan Day and the OSU Athletic Director be fined for making comments to the media about the officiating AGAINST NCAA RULES. I also strongly feel that the B1G Chief of Officials should be suspended or fired for the statements he made, and for basically inciting Day and the AD to make the comments they made, as well as for calling the SEC Head of Officials and criticizing the game officials.

Every one of us has been frustrated by officiating at one time or another, sometimes with cause and sometimes just by the emotion of the situation. I know that OSU is frustrated losing this close and hard-fought game, but this kind of conduct by OSU and B1G conference representatives should not be tolerated.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Gotta stir the pot

Jan 1, 2020, 11:27 AM

who uses 'Every one of us'?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2020, 11:32 AM

"Stir the pot" was referring to McAuley jumping in with his ridiculous analysis.

Maybe I wrongly "assumed" that everyone had, at one time or another, been frustrated by officiating. My bad if that's not the case. LOL.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2020, 11:35 AM

And followed by 'has been'???

Jan 1, 2020, 11:40 AM

Every one of us has been (in the past) irritated bu ref's calls.

Why are you bustin' this guy's chops (and incorrectly, I might add0

Jan 1, 2020, 11:43 AM [ in reply to Re: Gotta stir the pot ]

"And followed by 'has been'???"

Who writes an incomplete sentence like this and follows it with three question marks?

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2020, 11:53 AM

I think it quite obvious it should read: 'Everyone quanders officiating from time to time to time.' Include future perceptions mi amigo.

Jan 1, 2020, 12:01 PM

I'll run it by you for proofreading next time! LOL.

BTW, are you my high school English teacher?

Jan 1, 2020, 12:05 PM

No, no. Just admire 'CU Guru'. Perhaps, I should be able to edit.

Jan 1, 2020, 12:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Gotta stir the pot ]

Now, now, you has been scolded by the resident English
teacher so go stand in the corner. (enable grammar correction).

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2020, 11:33 AM

It is self soothing for them, they can rationalize their loss as not their fault....as we say here in the South..."Bless their Hearts"

Better question?

Jan 1, 2020, 11:36 AM

For the video......Why are the Ohio State players anywhere around the kicker? Getting the ball back with good field position.

Answer: Pooring coaching and immature player.

Excellent point!

Jan 1, 2020, 11:56 AM

That made almost as much sense as OSU not going for 2-pt conversion when they scored to take a 22-21 lead. I almost wish ETN had gone down at the 1-yard line and we kicked a field goal to win 24-23. Okay, I said ALMOST! BT's lack of confidence in FG kicking hasn't cost us a game yet, but...

There’s a reason we haven’t blocked a punt in forever ..

Jan 1, 2020, 5:32 PM [ in reply to Better question? ]

... we don’t even try.

Our coaches made a cost/benefit analysis.

they are this bad with a loss

Jan 1, 2020, 11:38 AM

imagine how insufferable they would have been had they gotten lucky and beaten us?

Karma is a biotch

Jan 1, 2020, 11:44 AM

I don’t think it’s wise for a coach to build a loser excuse mindset in his team. Will come back to bite them.
There is a reason you’ve never heard Dabo do it - even when he would have had a reason.

Jan 1, 2020, 11:48 AM

The NFL ref you are talking about is a graduate of LSU...

This explains everything I need to know.

Of course he wanted OSU to win.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2020, 11:48 AM

That second clip is not involved in the play. Yes, its not healthy orchestration. Yen and yang okay.

The game was essentially 2 minutes long ... everything else

Jan 1, 2020, 11:50 AM

... everything else that happened in the first 58 minutes was rendered basically moot.

In the final two minutes, each team was on equal footing and had a fair chance to win.

Clemson won that 2-minute game and Ohio State lost.

The better team won at crunch time.

Only thing that matters now is Clemson and LSU.

Jan 1, 2020, 1:46 PM

He's either an idiot or has an agenda, perhaps both. The kicker or holder has to be endangered, what more does he think needs to happen. Both feet are off the ground, his kicking leg is fully extended, he gets hit with force, and is hit in the mid-section.

Would the defender have to stab him, shoot him, or both for him to be endangered? SMH-OL.

Jan 1, 2020, 1:47 PM

I should have added, is he willing to take the same hit?

Jan 1, 2020, 5:37 PM

Simple....Bama and tOSU are really successful historically so they have entitlement issues.... we’ve been dealing with this #### from Bama for years.

Dabo is a class act

Jan 1, 2020, 5:43 PM

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic