Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Swinney takes the blame for desultory performance
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

New Story: Swinney takes the blame for desultory performance

Oct 14, 2017, 12:05 AM

Swinney takes the blame for desultory performance

Clemson was outplayed, out-coached and out-executed Friday night at Syracuse and a loss was the inevitable result, but head coach Dabo Swinney says all of Clemson’s goals are on the table. Photo by Rich Barnes / USATODAY

Except for going 12-0.
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

On the bright side, staff still gets to play grab ***

Oct 14, 2017, 12:07 AM

In ttown tomorrow

Re: On the bright side, staff still gets to play grab ***

Oct 14, 2017, 7:34 AM

??????

Good to see he owned up to it.

Oct 14, 2017, 12:10 AM

Most coaches would blame other factors.

As much as I hate to say it, the blame is completely on the coaching tonight. Too many bad decisions and missed opportunities.

I still have faith in a new years six bowl, but right now, our repeat hopes are diminished.

Re: Good to see he owned up to it.***

Oct 14, 2017, 7:18 AM

Re: Good to see he owned up to it.

Oct 14, 2017, 8:00 AM [ in reply to Good to see he owned up to it. ]

It all started when Swinney started playing the violin about hating Friday night games. He didn't want to be there, players pick up on things like that.

The whole lack of effort and desire started and ended there, imo.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 14, 2017, 9:50 AM

Posts like yours remind me why I don't read the comments on Tigernet. Dabo just got Clemson to be considered an elite team and won a national championship. One loss and you guys are jumping down his throat.

Oct 15, 2017, 12:31 PM

it's not personal, it's business.....didn't you see the movie?

Oct 14, 2017, 8:06 AM [ in reply to Good to see he owned up to it. ]

It all started when Swinney started playing the violin about hating Friday night games. He didn't want to be there, players pick up on things like that.

The whole lack of effort and desire started and ended there, imo.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 15, 2017, 12:34 PM [ in reply to Good to see he owned up to it. ]

still a chance for a payoff slot but we have to win out and get some help. advantage a one loss clemson team who wins conf chsmpionship game when big 12 da's dont have one....but tcu has to lose

Re: New Story: Swinney takes the blame for desultory performance

Oct 14, 2017, 5:00 AM

And he should take the blame.
But I think that is one thing we admire about Dabo.He didn't take sole credit for winning The National Championship, but he is taking the blame for the loss.

Oct 14, 2017, 6:06 AM

Coaching mistakes helped with the loss, but poor team performance had a role as well. Missed blocking assignments, dropped passes, overthrows poor tackling, busted coverage are not coach problems. There'll be a mountain of lessons from last night's game for everybody.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

just like the USMNT at T&T.***

Oct 14, 2017, 7:19 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 14, 2017, 9:09 AM

In my honest opinion, I saw a complete lack of effort out there last night. There were a few moments but I saw a team that was going through the motions against a team that was hell bent on winning. I disagree with him that it was all about Syracuse. Syracuse had a lot to do with it but Clemson had a lot to do with it too. That said I still trust Dabo and this staff and team to right the ship and check off the rest of their goals. They've won over 90 games, ACC Division and Conference titles, and a national title. This can still be a very special season and I'm not giving up on them. I'm just a little pissed and disappointed with them because I know they can do better. Go Tigers!

Oct 14, 2017, 9:14 AM

I wouldn't say it was from lack of effort...I really do think the boys tried hard last night...I just think they were put into a position that caused them to be overmatched. Positions such as the defense still getting the signals while Cuse snaps the ball

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Yep

Oct 14, 2017, 8:40 PM

Venables has been amazing for us but not last night. Looked like our D under Steele against the hunh.

Oct 14, 2017, 10:40 AM

Agreed, it is the coaches job to get the team ready to play. It is past. Get them ready for GT and all well be forgotten soon enough.

I forgive you Dabo. Just remember The fun is In the Winnin!***

Oct 14, 2017, 10:55 AM

Oct 14, 2017, 11:16 AM

I love Dabo, but he's right to own this. Our team was unfocused and out-coached. Hope they can refocus and come back stronger than before.

Oct 14, 2017, 6:07 PM

Coach Swinney can take part of the blame, but not all. It takes a team to win or lose. This is a great team; but, every person experiences failure and hard times. Like Mr. Dabo wisely said, it's what they choose to do with the failure, give up, or re-group. It took years for Deshaun Watson to grow into the star he is; the same may go for this "new" team. They may have to grow for years to become the next Clemson dream team. What got them there last year, was consistent, patient effort over the long haul. Coach Swinney is a wise man; if the team listens to his counsel they will win again. p.s. why is it considered bad sportsmanship to celebrate over a touchdown, but someone can get away with brutally and violently slamming Kelly Bryant to the ground; or earlier in the game where they went for his injured ankle. Is that good sportsmanship?! Those in charge of college football regulation compliance need to re-evaluate what is sportsmanship.

Oct 14, 2017, 6:21 PM

Coach, no I will not give Syracuse a lot of "credit" for taking something that was given to them. However I will give them credit for realizing that Clemson was giving them a huge gift, and that gifts like this doesn't come along often or at all. I think most of us saw this coming after the BC Game.

If you think I believe Syracuse is a better team than Clemson, then you probably think I believe Cooper is a better Quarterback than Johnson. The answer is NO and NO. Fact is, I sure you don't care what I think. But, I have been a Clemson fan from before you were born, and I thank that entitles me to an opinion.

I believe Clemson has the best Coaches, Players, facilities' and fans of any team in the country. And I am not alone in that belief. Sometime people can start to believe all the hype and become invincible in their mind. What are the odds of lighting striking in the same place two years in a row? With all that said, I love my Tigers and everyone who works with them to make them the best. Go Tigers.

Oct 15, 2017, 12:29 PM

bryant comes out the minute we notice him gimpy, cuse knew he was not a run threat, this is also related to his concussion....anyone who has played the game knows when u have an injury, it even affects the way u go down when being tackled....u kind of go limp and u r at the mercy of the tackler

Oct 15, 2017, 12:29 PM

bryant comes out the minute we notice him gimpy, cuse knew he was not a run threat, this is also related to his concussion....anyone who has played the game knows when u have an injury, it even affects the way u go down when being tackled....u kind of go limp and u r at the mercy of the tackler

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic