Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: The latest on offensive lineman Jackson Carman
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

TNET: The latest on offensive lineman Jackson Carman

Jul 25, 2018, 3:01 PM

The latest on offensive lineman Jackson Carman

Jackson Carman was one of the crown jewels of the 2018 recruiting class and enrolled early at Clemson so he could take part in spring practice. While many might wonder what happened with Carman, offensive line coach Robbie Caldwell told the media last week that Carman is progressing. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: The latest on offensive lineman Jackson Carman

Jul 25, 2018, 3:10 PM

Am I the only one that had a slight heart attack when they saw the title of this article? lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 25, 2018, 3:17 PM

Haha I had the same reaction as you!!!! ??

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 25, 2018, 9:35 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: The latest on offensive lineman Jackson Carman ]

All that was kind of a given after the Spring game. He needs time. I bet he ends up an absolute stud year 2. Maybe he even starts as an OG.

Jul 25, 2018, 5:52 PM

I don't think he's talking about that...I think he's referring to the fact that the title of this article makes it seem like something horrible has happened. It reminds me of the time Homer Simpson pranked Ned Flanders:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgpzLQTgW3s

Jul 25, 2018, 4:54 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: The latest on offensive lineman Jackson Carman ]

My heart is still racing and there is an acid taste in my mouth. I think the authors need to consider the titles before they post them.

Jul 25, 2018, 9:37 PM

I agree, and it seem to be one of their favorite games they play, but it's not so professional is it!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They do! Intentionally trying to get your attention!***

Jul 25, 2018, 11:02 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: The latest on offensive lineman Jackson Carman ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This was the exact issue with Belk...

Jul 25, 2018, 3:17 PM

He came-in believing all the hype he read about himself but at the end of the day, he was just a freshman, starting all over, trying to work his way up competing against a very high level of talent.

He clearly couldn't handle it, so he gave-up and decided to transfer to a school where the road to early and significant playing time was much easier.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: This was the exact issue with Belk...

Jul 25, 2018, 3:23 PM

There is no issue with Jackson. Where do you get that nonsense "he was believing all the hype about himself"? You obviously don't know what you're talking about. He's fine, and all is going to plan. There is no comparison b/n him and Belk. Not even close.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I see reading comprehension isn't your strong suit

Jul 25, 2018, 3:36 PM

Wow...just wow !!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

His reading comprehension is fine, you said it's the

Jul 25, 2018, 4:02 PM

exact issue. Then you laid out what you think was the case with Belk, implying that JC was exactly the same.

Message was edited by: GWPTiger®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: His reading comprehension is fine, you said it's the

Jul 25, 2018, 6:49 PM

Exactly!!

Even implying that there is an issue is asinine....at best. Then, taking it a step further trying to paint him in the same light as Josh Belk is borderline retarded behavior. Either you'e a moron and know no better, or, you're trying to stir the pot and create drama.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: His reading comprehension is fine, you said it's the

Jul 25, 2018, 10:55 PM

Yep maybe he can’t read.

Maybe you have an issue with writing what you mean***

Jul 25, 2018, 4:40 PM [ in reply to I see reading comprehension isn't your strong suit ]

Re: This was the exact issue with Belk...

Jul 25, 2018, 10:46 PM [ in reply to This was the exact issue with Belk... ]

W t f has that got to do with Carman

Good news!

Jul 25, 2018, 3:18 PM

If Jackson Carmen can lose near 40lbs of fat and add 10-15lbs of muscle (netting him out near 315), at his size of 6'6" he's going to be a MONSTER!! He already has a nasty demeanor on the field (which is the one thing you really can't coach)!

So, the next step will be learning leverage, technique and the playbook, but that will come.

Jackson has a VERY high ceiling!

Re: Good news!

Jul 25, 2018, 4:11 PM

Carman will be an absolute stud before his playing days at Clemson are done. As far as future OL recruiting is concerned, we need Mitch Hyatt to have a productive season and be drafted in the first three rounds. I have a feeling we’re getting killed by our competitors for not producing NFL talent on the recruiting trail.

Jul 25, 2018, 4:36 PM

Yeah. Our competitors are killing us. You are stuck in 1995.

Jul 25, 2018, 6:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Good news! ]

I would agree that we haven't been lighting it up with O'lineman over the past 10 years. I would give ourselves a B in recruiting, an A- in coaching. I would rank Strength Training somewhere around a B+ as well.

For us to start getting more Mitch Hyatt & Jackson Carmen types (5 stars), I think it will certainly help for Mitch to go in the top 2 rounds. Jackson Carmen will help as well, I believe. I also believe these new coaches (cough, Kirby) are promising these kids the moon and the old players starting spots were not secured and they could come in and be a 4 year starter. Things will have to slow down b/c nobody is going to want to be 3rd on the depth chart for 3-4 years before even getting a chance at meaningful snaps.

Something to keep in mind. Mitch Hyatt's spot has been locked up since he was a freshmen. Except for injury, nobody was going to take that spot for 3-4 years and I'm sure that has kept a good player or two away over the last 3 recruiting periods.

Jul 25, 2018, 4:21 PM

He doesn't look like a car man, he looks like a truck. A BIG truck.

I read the updates and come back

Jul 25, 2018, 5:25 PM

To the one point that thrills me beyond words: he can play in four games and not sacrifice eligibility. That's one heckuva JV season! And, if he needs to be promoted, go for it!

Perspective can be a valuable trait! ;)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“You can’t outwork a bad diet.”

Jul 25, 2018, 5:44 PM

Who said that?

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: “You can’t outwork a bad diet.”

Jul 25, 2018, 6:43 PM

Coach Caldwell? Jk, not sure but I never heard that one before.

Jul 25, 2018, 9:42 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: The latest on offensive lineman Jackson Carman ]

When they get him ready to play, he will be a D9 Bulldozer!!!

Jackson Carman

Jul 25, 2018, 5:39 PM

He's going be good folks, real good...
But as good as the staff has done in recruiting across the board.
They still have to get more Jackson Carman's- It's the one position
the staff has still under achieved, IMO

Jul 25, 2018, 8:01 PM

Meanwhile in Athens Chad Mays is pushing for PT.

I would hope so...

Jul 25, 2018, 8:05 PM

Since last year’s players couldn’t get it done.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: I would hope so...

Jul 25, 2018, 9:57 PM

Since last year’s players couldn’t get it done.

Actually our LT Isaiah Wynn when in the 1st round to New England. Pittman flipped soph Andrew Thomas 6'5 320 from RT to LT allowing 5-star RS freshman Isaiah Wilson 6'7 345 and true freshman Cade Mays 6'6 320 to battle it out for the RT spot.

Sr Center Gaillard 6'2 308, Sr LG Kendall Baker 6'6 310 and RSoph Ben Cleveland 6'6 340 round out the Oline.

Agreed.

Jul 26, 2018, 6:54 AM

Y’all had talent, coaching must be the issue.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Cade... Get with the program.***

Jul 26, 2018, 3:20 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: The latest on offensive lineman Jackson Carman ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 25, 2018, 8:24 PM

If anything, I’m surprised he hasn’t lost more than 20lbs since January. I could have sworn I read that he was close to losing that much already back in April. With Batson & Caldwell all over you for 7 months, I figured it would be closer to 40lbs down by now.

Jul 25, 2018, 9:47 PM

They have to be careful with how fast and how much weight they lose bc, they will lose muscle along with the fat. Both will start breaking down at the same time when trying to lose weight to fast!!!

Jul 26, 2018, 10:51 AM

Right. Orrrrrr he just has a problem with food.

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic