Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good news ... Global Warming hasn't killed
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

Good news ... Global Warming hasn't killed

Jul 27, 2018, 3:51 PM

the salamanders .... yet.

Is this real ?

http://newsstand.clemson.edu/mediarelations/salamanders-show-more-resistance-to-global-warming-than-previously-feared/

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good news ... Global Warming hasn't killed

Jul 27, 2018, 3:56 PM

Is global warming real? Yes.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 27, 2018, 5:01 PM

No it’s not real jeez when I was in elementary school they told us we would freeze to death. You libs will believe anything

Re: jeez no it isn't

Jul 27, 2018, 5:06 PM

Well, both could be true, depending how long ago you were in elementary school.

Just sayin'.

Jul 27, 2018, 6:25 PM

It's true. The Earth will get warmer. And the Earth will get cooler. And warmer. And cooler. And on and on.

What we don't need to do is give Al Gore $13 Trillion to jet around and "save the planet."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jul 28, 2018, 1:06 AM

Hallelujah Tiger swimmer, you are exactly right. The old Earth has gone through this cycle many thousands of times in it's 2-3 billion lifespan. Man made climate change is grand hoax by the elitists that want our money for themselves and their pet projects(the globalist/progressive agenda).....

you can't honestly believe

Jul 28, 2018, 9:25 AM

That 7 billion individuals (and growing) living all across the globe, using technologies and materials that the world has never seen before in its prior history just has absolutely zero influence on the natural environment.

We are actually lucky that we live in a time where we are only seeing the very first cracks of our impact on the planet. The people of 2100-2200 and beyond will see the effects much more readily and apparently and they will not have the luxury to be able to deny our impact, as the world population soars in the coming decades.

Jul 27, 2018, 8:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Good news ... Global Warming hasn't killed ]

You can literally measure the temperature every day, all across the world, and compare those temperatures to the previous year, decade, and century. Global Warming is a fact. The Earth is hotter today then prior to the Industrial Revolution.

Carbon Dioxide is a greenhouse gas. Greenhouse gasses trap heat from the sun, not allowing that heat to escape the atmosphere. Carbon Dioxide in the atmosphere has increased by 30% since the Industrial Revolution. The planet is now warmer. The oceans are more acidic. The oceans are warmer. Sea levels are rising because objects expand when they get warmer. Those are all facts. You can measure them yourself. You can even test some of those claims for yourself. I encourage you to do so.

It was 97 in Oconee County in 1930 ... yawn.***

Jul 27, 2018, 10:44 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It was 97 in Oconee County in 1930 ... yawn.***

Jul 27, 2018, 11:09 PM

That’s crazy!!! Especially when you consider that Oconee County is almost as big as the entire Earth itself!!!

I mean seriously, how dull can someone be? Oh, it was hot one day at this very small part of the Earth in 1930. That’s enough for you to conclude that the fact of Global Warming is false. I love your logic.

During the MWP Vikings in Greenland were growing vineyards

Jul 28, 2018, 1:31 AM

the roots of which cannot tolerate temperatures lower than 25F. There are no vineyards in Greenland today, just like there were no SUVs in Greenland then.

Facts matter...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mag i is correct. In fact less than a billion

Jul 28, 2018, 9:04 AM [ in reply to Re: It was 97 in Oconee County in 1930 ... yawn.*** ]

Years from now the Earth will no longer have water and will be too warm for animals and most plant life according to National Geographic but it will be due to the Sun growing hotter as it's fuel source grows turning the heat up on Earth to 160+ degrees Fahrenheit but we won't be here to deal with it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can't we use the water they found on Mars to spray down

Jul 30, 2018, 10:51 AM

the sun ?

Need to hurry up and get it done before Bruce Willis gets too old.

Re: It was 97 in Oconee County in 1930 ... yawn.***

Jul 27, 2018, 11:13 PM [ in reply to It was 97 in Oconee County in 1930 ... yawn.*** ]

I regret I have but one TD to give.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 27, 2018, 11:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Good news ... Global Warming hasn't killed ]

I have a couple of friends down in Charleston who own boats, one does some work for Fish & Game, the other does some freelance work - mostly salinity samples - for the EPA. Neither of them is overly ambitious or has anything resembling an agenda - mostly they see it as a way to monetize what they really like to do, which is hang out on their boat drinking beer and fishing...and they are alarmed at what they've been seeing the last few years.

Anybody who's a climate-change denier has been huffing just way too much Fox News, people. It's happening, and no, Al Gore has nothing much to do with it. Chunks of the Arctic Circle half the size of Texas broke off the Greenland icepack and are now floating around at sea, folks. That ain't good.

And there are solutions, we just need to apply some rational thought to them. One example: that contraption they developed to eat the "Great Pacific Garbage Patch." Pretty cool.
https://www.fastcompany.com/40560810/the-revolutionary-giant-ocean-cleanup-machine-is-about-to-set-sail

Re: Good news ... Global Warming hasn't killed***

Jul 28, 2018, 10:49 AM

Jul 28, 2018, 10:54 AM [ in reply to Re: Good news ... Global Warming hasn't killed ]

Quozzel, as usual your post is spot on. Point for "that ain't good"!

Jul 29, 2018, 10:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Good news ... Global Warming hasn't killed ]

You really don't believe that horse crap

Jul 27, 2018, 7:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Good news ... Global Warming hasn't killed ]

JB, one question. Do you believe the earth’s existence and it’s timeline follows the timeline described and written in the Bible, or the timeline described by modern day scientist?

You’re answer will dictate how/if I would want to respond to your comment.

Jul 27, 2018, 8:08 PM

The Bible doesn’t give a timeline of the Earth’s existence or a date in which it began. But, if you’re asking me if I believe that the stories of the Old Testament, written thousands of years ago are literally true, then the answer is no.

Science is the most reliable method for discovering truth in this world. The Earth is not thousands of years old. Dinosaurs and people did not walk the Earth together. Noah’s Ark and the Great Flood are not literal. Adam and Eve were not the first two people.

Jul 28, 2018, 8:45 AM

It has been said "Give a fool enough rope and he will eventually hang himself." When you are gasping for your last breath and soiled your pants, the reality of Adam, Eve, Noah's Ark and a few other "fables" will be revealed to you. Remember this, you can't mock God and get by with it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 28, 2018, 10:25 AM

I doubt it. But if you believe that a Bronze Age book, translated to English, is more believable than modern science then that’s your prerogative. I just require evidence for my beliefs, not faith.

Jul 27, 2018, 4:18 PM

Quite interesting. Good news indeed. Salamanders like frogs have semi-permeable skins and are more susceptible to the likes of climate change and toxins/pollution in the atmosphere (cough Thanks China). When these creatures start disappearing we have to at least start asking ourselves questions.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

global warming killed my cat Jasper last month***

Jul 27, 2018, 4:26 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: global warming killed my cat Jasper last month***

Jul 27, 2018, 4:34 PM

He was curious about it, right?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: global warming killed my cat Jasper last month***

Jul 27, 2018, 5:13 PM

Apparently, global warming is not a scientific question but a political one. Only liberals and scientists believe it.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It sounds like your cat was a wussypussy. I’m sorry for your loss but

Jul 27, 2018, 9:09 PM [ in reply to global warming killed my cat Jasper last month*** ]

Survival of the fittest and all . . .

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Relax, they got this

Jul 27, 2018, 5:16 PM

Well they made it through the medieval warm period.

Jul 27, 2018, 7:15 PM

They shouldn't made through this cooler period.

https://www.skepticalscience.com/IPCC-Medieval-Warm-Period.htm

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic