Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Golic and Wingo
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Golic and Wingo

Dec 2, 2019, 7:56 AM

Mike Jr just said again that we lost to UNC. Golic senior corrected him. Then they all agreed that Dabo was just complaining to give Clemson a chip on the team's shoulder to motivate. They said it was just a coach speak for his team. They all said they wont be surprised a bit if we win it all.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Golic and Wingo

Dec 2, 2019, 8:05 AM

At this point, the comment seems intentional.

Dec 2, 2019, 8:09 AM

I think it was. Even if Golid jr slipped, Mike Golic sr joked about it after.

So they prove their bias in the same sentence they are

Dec 2, 2019, 8:16 AM

denying it?

You can't fix stupid.

Dec 2, 2019, 8:16 AM

I just rewatched it, and it looked like he actually corrected himself. He said that to be fair they(the media) had treated it like a loss at the time, but Clemson has responded by smoking everyone since then.

Dec 2, 2019, 8:24 AM

True. Also, they said there is no reason for us to feel disrespected and that its just a motivational coaching thing. We are 3rd and in and it doesnt matter etc.

Dec 2, 2019, 8:37 AM

I actually don't think we should feel disrespected either. I honestly believe that Dabo understands the current situation with the conference, and the reason for our ranking. He obviously can't come out though and say the ACC sucks. He also is using it as motivation for his players just as any other coach would. Bottom line, the ACC sucks right now. That isn't Clemson's fault, but it does. None of the other 3 ACC teams even put up a fight this past weekend. Sure, we already knew GT, and likely FSU were outmatched to begin win.

However, Louisville was 2nd in the Atlantic and 5-3 in the ACC, and they got SMOKED by Kentucky who finished 4th in the SEC East and 3-5 in the SEC. People on this very board were calling that easy money in Vegas by taking Louisville leading up to that game. The ACC is now 4-9 this season against P5 teams, and that includes the 2-0 record by Clemson leaving the rest of the conference at 2-9 with the wins coming over South Carolina and Rutgers. That gets even worse when you realize the conference was also 0-4 against ND.

Dec 2, 2019, 9:01 AM

Gotta be a coot, you speak reason so you must not be a CU fan.

Gotta be a DA Dawg for even thinking

Dec 2, 2019, 9:05 AM

a Coot would have ability to reason.

Yet the ACC leads the P5 Conferences with 10 teams QUALIFIED

Dec 2, 2019, 9:04 AM [ in reply to Re: Golic and Wingo ]

for Bowls.

Yes Clemson is far above everyone else ,but the conference is not as bad as it's been painted.

Re: Yet the ACC leads the P5 Conferences with 10 teams QUALIFIED

Dec 2, 2019, 9:44 AM

The SEC also has 10 bowl eligible teams, it's just that Missouri is out because of the rule violation. And the Big 10 has 9. It can all be looked at 2 ways though. You could paint the SEC and Big 10 as top heavy (some great teams and some awful teams) and the ACC as more competitive (fewer great teams and fewer awful teams) which works if you look at them in a vacuum. But look at the matchups. Would you honestly take Louisville or Pittsburgh over A&M or Indiana? Do you really think UVA wouldn't get soundly beat by Auburn or Iowa?

The other thing that skews that number is that the ACC doesn't really have a 2nd tier this year. They've got Clemson, a huge gap, a 3rd tier, then a few basement teams. So all those 3rd tier teams just sort of trade wins and losses, win their non-P5 OOC games, and finish with average 5-8 win records. The SEC and Big 10 actually have a 2nd tier, teams that can somewhat threaten the 1st tier, but definitely beat the 3rd and lower tier teams which leaves them with less of a jumble in the middle.

All this to say that the ACC isn't a great conference right now. Clemson can sleep walk their way to a 12-0 record, but aside from 1 off game, they didn't. They hammered their opponents not necessarily by scoring 70 points, but by just not allowing them to do anything. That's why when I hear the committee talk about game control as an important metric, I don't understand why Clemson isn't given more credit for having 11/12 games wrapped up by the 2nd quarter. That's impressive regardless of the opponent. I still wish that UNC had converted the 2 point attempt because I truly feel this team is just able to flip the switch at any time, and I think they would've gone down the field and gotten the winning score relatively easily which would have changed the narrative.

Please stop using this as evidence that the ACC doesn't suck

Dec 2, 2019, 10:24 AM [ in reply to Yet the ACC leads the P5 Conferences with 10 teams QUALIFIED ]

You know how you get the most teams possible eligible for bowls in a conference? By having parity throughout the league and having most of the teams on a similar level to each other. It doesn't matter if all of the teams are awesome or god awful (and i can assure you the ACC is much closer to the latter) as long as they are all around the same level. This ensures that most teams in the conference finish close to 4-4 thus giving the most teams possible a shot at a mediocre 6-7 win season and bowl eligibility.

Some quick Googling shows that NINE out of the 14 teams in the ACC have between 3 and 5 conference wins with 6 finishing right at 4-4. Great! Now we just need somewhere between 1 and 3 cupcake OOC wins and all of those teams are eligible for bowls. Another quick Google check shows that 8 of those 9 teams did, in fact, manage that feat with just Duke falling a game short (if only they had scheduled Elon instead of getting stomped by Bama! the ACC would have ELEVEN bowl eligible teams!!). The other two bowl eligible teams being undefeated Clemson and 9-3 UVA.

Dec 2, 2019, 9:49 AM [ in reply to Re: Golic and Wingo ]

The ACC does not suck!
It may not be the best league ever but it does not Suck..

Dec 3, 2019, 4:26 AM

The ACC sucks outside of us without us this year.

Sounds like either...

Dec 2, 2019, 8:21 AM

...he has a memory problem or it's intentional or he's an idiot. Maybe we should cut him some slack because of possible head injuries from playing?

How is it possible to "slip" when he had been enlightened last week about the same false comments.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sounds like either...

Dec 2, 2019, 8:28 AM

He actually corrected himself. They dont even get why we are freaking. We are in. They think its all funny and they think we are good.

Who's "freaking"...I think we are just sick of the false...

Dec 2, 2019, 8:34 AM

...narrative. At some point, enough is enough. And, why did he have to correct himself two weeks in a row?

Re: Who's "freaking"...I think we are just sick of the false...

Dec 2, 2019, 8:42 AM

I think it's just easy to get crossed up on the air when you're meaning to say near loss that was treated like a loss. I'm just more likely to believe it's an accident, because what do they have to gain by doing it on purpose? It's not as if anyone out there is going to think our record is actually 11-1 because of hearing that, especially when they correct the statement 30 seconds later.

Nothing to gain or lose....just being lazy plus eating up...

Dec 2, 2019, 10:07 AM

...all the nonsense himself in the media. We all need to understand that most of those media types are influenced by what they hear just like a lot of us when we hear fake news over and over...we start to believe it's true.

Re: Sounds like either...

Dec 2, 2019, 8:30 AM [ in reply to Sounds like either... ]

Maybe because he heard Bear say it on Gameday?
How many of the ESecPN talking heads have said it?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Dec 2, 2019, 8:47 AM

The Golics will be shut up next Nov 7, when the Tigers rub their noses in it at South Bend.

Dec 2, 2019, 8:59 AM

I will say, the only thing they said this morning that bugged me a little was about us not playing a ranked team this year. I'm willing to overlook A&M being ranked at the time we played because they're probably talking about the current rankings. However, Golic Sr. was talking and said that we could've been playing a ranked VT team but they lost to Virginia so now we're going to be playing an unranked team in the ACC Championship game.

The updated CFP rankings aren't out yet, but it seems more likely than not that Virginia will be ranked. I don't think that was on purpose by him or anything, but rather a lack of taking a deeper look into the situation first. I can't be mad at them though as I've been a fan of the show going back to when it was Mike & Mike. I think they've always been fair when discussing a variety of topics.

Dec 2, 2019, 9:18 AM

This is crazy. Watching "SEC THIS MORNING" on SEC network. Commentator just said how great Clemson has looked since that "loss to North Carolina." I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but it's beginning to look a little suspicious

Dec 2, 2019, 9:19 AM

This is crazy. Watching "SEC THIS MORNING" on SEC network. Commentator just said how great Clemson has looked since that "loss to North Carolina." I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but it's beginning to look a little suspicious

If he said it again - he's definitely doing it purposefully***

Dec 2, 2019, 9:28 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If he said it again - he's definitely doing it purposefully***

Dec 2, 2019, 9:30 AM

He did say it again.

The Golic's Are In General A Bunch of Big 10 Homer Morans

Dec 2, 2019, 9:48 AM

The dad at least played the game at a high level. The son is a side show shill who is only there cuz of daddy and he peddles the ESPN party line. Thinks he's cheeky.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Golic's Are In General A Bunch of Big 10 Homer Morans

Dec 3, 2019, 4:28 AM

I like the Golics.

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic