Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Glendale and flights
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,683

Glendale and flights

Dec 22, 2015, 9:56 AM

Trying to plan the trip to glendale. Is there anywhere to book trips like this and then be able to cancel in the event your team doesn't go? I think clemson is going to win, but I don't want to gamble 2k on this. Any thoughts or advise to help me would be appreciated.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^ I am also worried about this. Any help would be

Dec 22, 2015, 9:57 AM

much appreciated. TIA in advance.

Re: Glendale and flights

Dec 22, 2015, 9:58 AM

You can buy travel insurance through most booking companies. Might have to get creative on why you can't go.

null

"My soul was crushed in a horrible football accident" ...

Dec 22, 2015, 10:00 AM

that is what you could say if we inexplicably lose the OU game haha.

Dec 22, 2015, 9:59 AM

Southwest let's you transfer the cost of your flight to another trip without penalty. I don't think there is any airline out there that let's you cancel for free. If you have another trip you are looking at down the road, SW is your best bet. They have service to Greenville, Charlotte & Charleston.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 22, 2015, 10:02 AM

If possible, book a Southwest flight. If you have to cancel, there's no cancellation fee and they give you a SW credit that you can use within one year.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You can pay an extra $20 or so for refundable

Dec 22, 2015, 10:02 AM

Air fare. Most places have really cheap direct flights to Vegas if your willing to drive a few hours.

Hotels and rental cars you can cancel without penalty .

The only thing you may eat is the game ticket. That is your true gamble.

I don't see tickets changing much than they are now come jan 1. Expect to pay $600-1000 per. Im waiting til jan 1st to decide. The time to save on game tickets is long passed.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

I already got the tickets... I bought teamtix back before

Dec 22, 2015, 10:19 AM

fla st. game. So I have already gambled some but that was only $150. So If I book through orbitz on a SW flight I can use the flight credit for another trip if I cancel and I can then just cancel hotel with no prob?

Yeah. Ive never seen a hotel or rental car that didn't

Dec 22, 2015, 10:26 AM

Let you back out as long add you gave them notice.

You'll have 10 day warning so you are safe.

If you do fly into Vegas, You won't have to stay in Glendale either. Stay somewhere in between for less.

Fyi..san diego id about same distance as Vegas. . But Vegas is truly the cheapest flight deals I've ever seen. Use to get round trip out of Greenville for like $90.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

The airlines have caught-on....

Dec 22, 2015, 10:56 AM

that people are flying into Vegas and driving to Glendale so flights are now significantly more expensive.

The airline that used to offer the discounted direct flights to Vegas and Orlando ( I can't remember the name...Allegiant maybe) no longer operates out of Greenville.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: I already got the tickets... I bought teamtix back before

Dec 22, 2015, 11:14 AM [ in reply to I already got the tickets... I bought teamtix back before ]

You have to book Southwest through their website. They aren't searchable through the broker sites like Kayak and Orbitz.

But the answer to your question is yes. Just book the tix and if you end up having to back out just transfer your tix to another set of flights prior to the departure date.

Their website is very easy to navigate. I try to fly SW exclusively as their rewards program is the best in the business.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,683
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic