Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Glad they only had 4 players on squad
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 862

Glad they only had 4 players on squad

Nov 5, 2019, 9:16 PM

This spring. Imagine how bad that would have been if Va Tech actually returned a team. Pitiful.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Glad they only had 4 players on squad

Nov 5, 2019, 9:18 PM

Is that true? I hadn’t heard on every other thread.

So what can you tell me about the players that were added?

Nov 5, 2019, 9:20 PM

Better than ours, otherwise not sure.

Nov 5, 2019, 9:21 PM

Cool deal, genuinely curious. It’s been thrown around over and over but no one is able to give context other than “10 new players blah blah blah.”

Nov 5, 2019, 9:22 PM

Yeah. First I heard it was on TV. Just frustrated. I kinda like basketball and wish we were respectable.

Nov 5, 2019, 10:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Glad they only had 4 players on squad ]

To give you some context.

We had four seniors, two of which our on NBA rosters. Then our best returning player left to lead Florida (Kerry Blackshear and is pre-season SEC Player of the Year). Another player was suspended last year before the season (Chris Clarke and is B12 Pre-Season Newcomer of the Year). Our entire recruiting class left after Buzz left for Texas A&M. Four of the guys followed Buzz and the best recruit a PG Anthony Harris signed with UNC. We had two players in the portal (Wabissa Bede, our starting PG tonight and Landers Nolley who led all scorers tonight) and Mike Young was able to convince them both to stay at VT.

Coach Young then brought a recruit with him from Wofford in Hunter Cattoor, was able to convince three high school juniors to reclassify and give up their senior year and start college a year early (Jalen Cone, John Ojiako and Nahiem Alleyne) and we signed one graduate transfer (Branden Johnson from Alabama State) who didn't play. And, tonight was the first time Landers Nolley ever played college ball as the NCAA ruled him ineligible last year as a freshmen (could have really helped our Sweet 16 run) and we also had another player redshirt last year in Tyrece Radford.

So of the players who played tonight, we returned one starter from last year in Bede and role players Isaiah Wilkins and PJ Horne. Everyone else played in their first ever NCAA basketball game.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 862
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic