Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
"Give Me Liberty, or Give Me Death"!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

"Give Me Liberty, or Give Me Death"!

Jul 4, 2019, 9:22 AM

Signed: Patrick Henry

Happy 4th TigerNetters!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So he probably wasn't married either?***

Jul 4, 2019, 9:41 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who has more freedom? Single guy in China or married guy

Jul 4, 2019, 9:50 AM

in U.S.?

($1.00 to Larry David)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Who has more freedom? Single guy in China or married guy

Jul 4, 2019, 10:52 AM

Now that is a tough one because both have facial recognition systems built in to them

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "Give Me Liberty, or Give Me Death"!

Jul 4, 2019, 9:47 AM

You know Bill, I don't see that kind of honor and pride from the younger people these days. It seems to me from the out side looking in, that parents aren't in stilling in their kids to protect themselves with what they were born with. What I'm saying is that when you and I and the generation that we grew up with, if someone disrespected us to our face or behind our back, we dealt with that at that moment or as soon as we laid eyes on them again if they disrespected us behind our back to someone. To me personally, I don't see the younger generations willing to physically if needed to demand respect, they would rather grab a gun and gun down defenseless unsuspecting people. And I believe that is bc they weren't raised to have the heart to do what they have to at the drop of a hat with only what they were born with. In my days and yours, your were taught to stand on your own, and even if you got your butt whipped, you still felt good bc you taught who ever, that they had to bring it bc they would get it, and they would leave you alone from that point on!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How old are you?

Jul 4, 2019, 10:07 AM

You grew up in the late 1700s?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How old are you?

Jul 4, 2019, 2:00 PM

1952!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We have two sets of youth.

Jul 4, 2019, 11:35 AM [ in reply to Re: "Give Me Liberty, or Give Me Death"! ]

I'm not comfortable lumping them together and impeaching the integrity of all. Our armed services are filled with youth.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We have two sets of youth.

Jul 10, 2019, 11:11 AM

I agree, and that youth has to at times, gain the life experience of a 40 year old very quickly, or die bc of the lack of life experience!!! Expert training to be a great warrior sometimes, isn't enough to keep them safe and alive as sad as that maybe....

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

Don't Tread On Me

Jul 4, 2019, 10:04 AM

Continental Flag by General Christopher Gadsen. God Bless America!

Message was edited by: saddis56®

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 4, 2019, 10:30 AM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gunpowder_Incident

Jul 4, 2019, 10:50 AM

Said the guy with 76 slaves,

^ Here WE Go! ??

Jul 4, 2019, 11:22 AM

Guess One can never ever get away from his terrible deeds..unless he pays $ now to the heirs of the oppressed.

Wait...

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 10, 2019, 2:46 PM [ in reply to Re: "Give Me Liberty, or Give Me Death"! ]

You're totally right. We should throw the baby out with the bathwater because using an economic system employed around the world as normal (however morally wrong) totally negates the founding of our country, it's rise to dominance, liberty for those very slaves, and human rights no other country on Earth has. The whole (they had slaves) argument is so stupid to me. They also lit candles and wrote with feathers. It doesn't mean they were stupid because the times were different.

Jul 4, 2019, 11:30 AM

What Patrick really said was, "Give me Liberty or give me slavery, but I sure don't want to croak." He subsequently defected to The British,and ended up running a pub in London.

Jul 4, 2019, 11:43 AM

This from "Tell Willie" in today's Seneca Journal.

"Freedom is not the right to do as we please; it is the freedom to do what is right".

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 4, 2019, 2:11 PM

Truer words were never spoken, Mr Joe.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

The lesser known followup to "Paradise by the Dashboard

Jul 10, 2019, 11:17 AM

Light."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic