Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Getting a #1 recruiting class at CLEMSON?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 3,500

Getting a #1 recruiting class at CLEMSON?

Jan 29, 2020, 11:32 AM

I believe that we could sign 23 players, 3 of the top 10, 10 of the top 25, then 13 of the next 25 and they would somehow rank Bama ahead of us.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Getting a #1 recruiting class at CLEMSON?

Jan 29, 2020, 11:37 AM

Does it matter if we are #1 or #3? Are the players better once they arrive on campus with a little higher ranking?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If anything it helps us

Jan 29, 2020, 11:41 AM

If they come in with a chip on their shoulder.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 29, 2020, 11:44 AM [ in reply to Re: Getting a #1 recruiting class at CLEMSON? ]

No, it doesn't but it something to talk about when there is nothing else to talk about. But to read some of their reasonings make you shake your head. Capehart and DJ especially, IMG coaching staff flat out stated he is the best DT to have ever come through there and yet he drops from 5 to 4. DJ ranked as the #10 player in the country overall, #3 player in California but ranked #1 QB along with Bryce Young also from Cali who is also ranked as the #1 QB and #2 overall. So we have 2 #1 Qb's but they differ by 8 spots. Thus the question I supposed on here for discussion.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think the OP ever mentioned if clemson

Jan 29, 2020, 2:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Getting a #1 recruiting class at CLEMSON? ]

Would be better or worse.

Don't think he mentioned whether the rankings mattered or not.

Just pointed out that dabo was correct.. clemson will never be ranked #1 in recruiting.

Silly people just got over excited in december didn't give it time to play out

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Jan 29, 2020, 11:53 AM

Does anyone genuinely think some entity out there is dropping players to slight us? I mean we have been winning Nattys with 5-8 ranked recruiting classes. I see recruiting rankings as something to not waste energy with.

To clarify... the rankings, not the kids themselves. Definitely excited about the actual recruits.

Jan 29, 2020, 11:58 AM

Same thing happened with trevor lawrence and justin fields.

Jan 29, 2020, 11:58 AM [ in reply to Re: Getting a #1 recruiting class at CLEMSON? ]

Same thing happened with trevor lawrence and justin fields.

Jan 29, 2020, 12:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Getting a #1 recruiting class at CLEMSON? ]

Yes I do think that ESPN and a few others play favorites. Look at the ESPN300 and count the players committed to SEC teams. I don't think it is something against Clemson, but a pro-SEC deal. Their ranking on DJ is such an outlier that it shouldn't be considered, but is none the less.

For ones that say it is irrelevant, that is not entirely accurate either. ESPN's FPI ranking uses recruiting rankings in its in season poll, as do others. They can argue all they want that it gets factored out by the end of the season, but early season polls skew SOS. Between that and the initial starting spots, the SEC has a distinct advantage in the final polls over other conferences.

One more reason why preseason polls

Jan 29, 2020, 2:34 PM

Are stooooopid

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Jan 29, 2020, 12:01 PM

As long as the SEC signs the paychecks there will always be that bias involved in all their decisions........just human nature.....Go Tigers!!!!

Jan 29, 2020, 1:49 PM

So the SEC paid ESPN to rank Clemson as having the #1 recruiting class for 2020.

Makes sense (in some alternate universe).

Jan 31, 2020, 9:05 PM

If you don’t think ESPN has a long time big time bias for the SEC you are the one WHO lives in an alternate universe.......clown.......Go Tigers!!!

Jan 29, 2020, 1:51 PM

You Speak the Truth!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The score at the end of the game is all that matters.***

Jan 29, 2020, 2:39 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wouldn’t trade our 2020 class for any other.

Jan 31, 2020, 10:31 PM

No matter where they are ranked. I can’t wait to see those guys on the field.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very, very happy- very, very proud.

Jan 31, 2020, 10:37 PM

Hard for us to win recruiting war since we dont use a bag man.

Replies: 16
| visibility 3,500
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic