Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Get ready...it’s gonna happen...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Get ready...it’s gonna happen...

Sep 16, 2020, 12:40 PM

Way too early take...

If Justin Fields gets in contention for the Heisman, and they start throwing out different/opposite stats than they've used in any voting ever before to justify it...

I won't be shocked. ??

But because of their shortened season they'll be throwing out per game stats and crap like that, that would have won it for CJ Spiller and Deshaun Watson x2...

Oh, now you like those stats. It's coming. Bet on it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Get ready...it’s gonna happen...

Sep 16, 2020, 12:42 PM

Watson and Spiller didn't play the same amount of games as the Heisman winner did during their seasons?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 16, 2020, 12:45 PM

They did. But they had stats that got ignored because of media hype.

And those same stats they ignored before are going to be hyped by that same media contingent to propel Fields this year because they play less games.

Can you support that claim? Articles? Audio?

Sep 16, 2020, 12:59 PM

What stats did they ignore?

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Re: Can you support that claim? Articles? Audio?

Sep 16, 2020, 1:09 PM

I could, but if you’re telling me CJ didn’t deserve to AT LEAST get an invite and DW4 didn’t deserve to win at least once, than I don’t know what to tell you.

I realize it’s a different year, but I just anticipate some flawed thinking to come now that Fields is going to play.

Well I know I'm in the minority on this but i don't think

Sep 16, 2020, 1:46 PM

Watson "deserved" it either year. He was the best player in CFB over that 2 year stretch, but he wasn't the best in either year. I think it should've been McCaffery in 15 and Lamar in 16.

Until they change it the Heisman is a regular season award and Watson always saved his best for the postseason.

Re: Well I know I'm in the minority on this but i don't think

Sep 16, 2020, 1:52 PM

Watson "deserved" it either year. He was the best player in CFB over that 2 year stretch, but he wasn't the best in either year. I think it should've been McCaffery in 15 and Lamar in 16.

Until they change it the Heisman is a regular season award and Watson always saved his best for the postseason.

I agree with McCaffery in 15, but not Lamar in 16. He was lights out the first 8 games, not so much afterwards. Played well, but lost head to head. Add in DWs post season and I think it’s a no-brainer. Voters decided to early. Voting should happen after NC game.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The award is handed out before the post season***

Sep 16, 2020, 2:11 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The award is handed out before the post season***

Sep 16, 2020, 4:12 PM

I know. Was implying they move voting and award to post season.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 16, 2020, 1:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Get ready...it’s gonna happen... ]

Perhaps. But by the time Fields starts piling up numbers, TL, Travis, Najee Harris and others will have gotten a head start, making it difficult for the Bucknut to catch up. I think this happened in 2016 when Action Jackson was flinging and running defenses ragged in September-October, then cooled off a bit in November, when DW4 really got hot.

Also, TL seems to be something of a media darling right now because of his proactive stance toward social justice. They see him as a leader both on and off the field. If he does well and Clemson does well, I think he becomes the firet Tiger to win it.

Sep 16, 2020, 1:06 PM

first

Sep 16, 2020, 1:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Get ready...it’s gonna happen... ]

I hope you’re right.

And unlike the B1G, I will come back and admit if I’m wrong.

Sep 16, 2020, 4:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Get ready...it’s gonna happen... ]

I would love to see TL and ETN go 1 & 2 in the Heisman votes. I don't care which is which.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What I fully expect to happen is that TL and Fields both

Sep 16, 2020, 12:58 PM

have good seasons but Day keeps Fields in most of the games and really pads out his stats. Dabo sits TL for most of the second halves of games as we usually do.

Then the narrative will be: "Look at Fields stats AND he's played way fewer games so he's clearly more deserving."

^^^^ THIS ^^^^***

Sep 16, 2020, 1:39 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: ^^^^ THIS ^^^^***

Sep 16, 2020, 11:19 PM

Dabo has a winning formula and it may prevent a Clemson player ever getting a Heisman. But the team is fresher in the post season. I’ll take the Championship!

Re: What I fully expect to happen is that TL and Fields both

Sep 16, 2020, 1:45 PM [ in reply to What I fully expect to happen is that TL and Fields both ]

acevans® said:

have good seasons but Day keeps Fields in most of the games and really pads out his stats. Dabo sits TL for most of the second halves of games as we usually do.

Then the narrative will be: "Look at Fields stats AND he's played way fewer games so he's clearly more deserving."

Just my opinion, but I think that would absolutely be a safe bet. Sad, but true.

Too many people feel like me

Sep 16, 2020, 1:07 PM

and those probably include TL & ETN. If the Heisman wanted to be relevant, it would wait till the season was over to vote. The winner wouldn't have to come from a CFP team but that would prevent a a player that falls flat the last 4 games of the season from stealing it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

The Heisman has been dead to me since it was stolen from DW4***

Sep 16, 2020, 1:40 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: The Heisman has been dead to me since it was stolen from DW4***

Sep 16, 2020, 2:42 PM

The heisman become a trash award when the voters disrespected CJ Spiller the way they did. I haven't been heisman fan since, bc it IS a popularity contest with voters that has nothing to do with the best all around college player that has done the most to help his team to win games, and that is the type of player that the heisman was mean to be for, and it has turned into a bullchit popularity contest, the same as a bullchit beauty contest!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here are my two favorite Justin Fields stats for last season

Sep 16, 2020, 1:43 PM

Interceptions vs schedule before CFP semifinal: 1
Interceptions vs Clemson in CFP semifinal: 2

Losses vs schedule before CFP semifinal: 0
Losses vs Clemson: 1

Fields is going to have a tough time winning the Heisman

Sep 16, 2020, 1:48 PM

if OSU only gets 7 or 8 games in.