Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Georgia Recruiting Bragging BS
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Georgia Recruiting Bragging BS

Jul 9, 2020, 4:49 PM

I was listening this afternoon to 93.7 here in Atlanta and the homer Georgia announcers were going on and on about how many more 5-star players Kirby Smart has recruited than others including us.

But just like when Mark Richt was the coach, they failed to mention what Georgia's done (failed to do) with all of their top recruiting classes.

It does no good to bring in top recruiting classes when you don't/can't coach and develop them to their full potential.

This is yet another example of how Georgia continues to think they're on top of the college football world. A lot of big talk but nothing to show for it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Georgia Recruiting Bragging BS

Jul 9, 2020, 4:51 PM

the longer it goes the more cootish they get

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 9, 2020, 5:00 PM

You'll be less frustrated by pro-UGA talk if you'll stop listening to UGA-talk radio.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This seems kinda ironic...

Jul 9, 2020, 5:10 PM

Doesn’t it?

~JKB

Jul 9, 2020, 5:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Georgia Recruiting Bragging BS ]

Just as you if you stop coming on T_net. Georgia fans are one of the same with the coot fans, y'all are two peas in the same pod!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 9, 2020, 7:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Georgia Recruiting Bragging BS ]

I agree. I live in upstate Georgia and ALL the sports talk IS HOW GREAT UGA IS. I usually turn them off right away. If you live anywhere in the state of Georgia you probably think UGA is the omly school in North America.

Outside of the state of Georgia.......

Jul 9, 2020, 9:09 PM

.....almost no one talks about the Dawgs being a great team. As a matter of fact, outside of Georgia, almost no one talks about Georgia at all.

Since the last time Georgia won a Natty, Clemson won 2, FSU won 3, Florida won 3, Miami won 4, Auburn won 1, Bama won 6 and Tennessee won 1. The states that border Georgia have won 20 National Titles since UGa has done anything to attract national attention. Heck, even Georgia Tech has won a Natty since the dawgs scratch.

UGa and VT both have the same claim to fame. Both of them lost the Natty the only time they have had a chance to win it in a long, long, long time.

People who are not Bulldog fans think of Georgia more or less the same way most of us think of Michigan or Michigan State.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ummm

Jul 9, 2020, 9:19 PM

Didn’t you short the good guys?

He did.Probably feels terrible about it now..***

Jul 9, 2020, 9:32 PM

Jul 9, 2020, 5:09 PM

No school will ever top Georgia to have year after year of top talent just to watch the Championship trophy being handed to another team. They will always be Do Less With More U, I hope they enjoy the Recruiting trophies.

Jul 9, 2020, 5:18 PM

I have been in the heart of UGA football with my cousin and they all talk like these announcers. One would think they win the National Championship every year. They have actually very similar fans to the coot fans, think they are relevant for some reason. UGA has won more bowl games though and a NC.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

0 five stars for Dawgs in 2021; 4 for OHst; 1 for Tigers!

Jul 9, 2020, 6:19 PM

Believe that’s right.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I prefer national champ trophy bragging myself***

Jul 9, 2020, 6:20 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That Station Is Ridiculous ---

Jul 9, 2020, 6:57 PM

I remember them bashing Vic Beasley....but Beasley led the team in sacks that year....while hurt mind you. Where were the other Falcons defensive players. Can't do it all alone right?

Then another time they bashed the heck out of Matt Ryan....only to have Matt Ryan on the show the very next day worshipping him like nothing was wrong.....being so understanding about his performance. I was laughing in the car like...."Oh....My.....God".

Then with Georgia they are entitled of course about where they should be.

They won't even discuss anything about Ga. Tech... only if they were 6-0 or something first.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic