Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
There is bipartisan support for
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

There is bipartisan support for

Jan 23, 2021, 8:25 AM

The Congressional Gold Medal to be awarded to Officer Eugene Goodman

I hope that there is bipartisan support for that on the P&R Board, too.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/535478-senators-introduce-bill-to-award-officer-goodman-the-congressional-gold-medal

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There is bipartisan support for

Jan 23, 2021, 8:39 AM

What’s funny is that there are police officers performing acts of heroism every single day, but most of congress wants to defund them. Guess it only matters when the violence is at your doorstep.

Not every hypocrite is a dem, but every dem is a hypocrite.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 23, 2021, 8:56 AM

Keowee,

Could you name the members of Congress who have come out for defunding the police - and provide me with links ? I would like to educate myself on who these people are.

Could you tell me what some people actually mean when they say defund the police ?

That's too easy. He is not correct about "most" if one means

Jan 23, 2021, 10:52 AM

actual legislation, but some do. Are you actually saying you dont know of any who do? The only way that could be possible is to not want to know uncomfortable truth. Or is this, "When they say "defund", what they really mean is....

If instead he is talking about the hypocrisy of congress tripping over themselves to support 'mostly peaceful' riots but now honoring a capitol cop, he's dead on about that.

If you want to argue about "most" and "defund" in his post, well, okay. Let the parsing begin. But if you want to know if anyone in congress wants to defund police, I dont know who all does, but this is 10 seconds of looking:
https://www.newsweek.com/which-lawmakers-support-defunding-police-1510556

Then there is the breathe act. We'll see how the voting on that goes. That will be you full list.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BREATHE_Act

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That's too easy. He is not correct about "most" if one means

Jan 23, 2021, 1:01 PM

Tulsa,

I don't think that pointing out the difference between 3 and most of Congress (270) is parsing things too finely.

Also, the Newsweek article that you provided makes it pretty clear that these people are talking about helping people in ways that might keep them out of police involvement. And the chart on Detroit's budget is pretty damning of their approach to the public's health and safety.

I think there is room for discussion of what expenditures and priorities would best serve the people of a municipality - for each community to engage in for themselves. most of those decisions are local in nature and as such - mainly leave Congress out of the equation.

Finally, why do you reactionaries seem to so often take an all or nothing approach to issues ?

Jan 23, 2021, 12:41 PM [ in reply to Re: There is bipartisan support for ]

Tobias, your memory is again failing you. Hardly a single Democrat condemned the violence from last summer or defunding the police UNTIL the polls forced them to. Not surprised that you missed that little ditty. And YOUR VP was raising money to bail out felons that 'deplorable policemen' arrested for looting, burning buildings, attacking the police and committing cold blooded murder.

Please try harder..you seem to be lost and confused about the core issues re the Biden gang. Your Trump hatred actually did you in.

I just can't imagine that any rational person could honestly believe that this guy could lead this country competently.

Can I help? Maybe a debate would loosen up what appears to be a failing brain?! Think about it. I'm ready to go. Aren't you just a bit embarrassed to be avoiding our debate...that you agreed to? I mean, come on, where are your balls?

Message was edited by: MiuraTiger®

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 23, 2021, 1:02 PM

in your mouth.

Geez you two get a room***

Jan 23, 2021, 1:03 PM

Re: Geez you two get a room***

Jan 23, 2021, 4:06 PM

How about a divorce ??

Jan 23, 2021, 4:23 PM

or a restraining order ?

Jan 23, 2021, 6:06 PM [ in reply to Geez you two get a room*** ]

Fine with me; Tobias is still trying to overcome that yellow spine thingy. He's the fastest Bobber and Weaver I've ever encountered. Embarrassment doesn't seem to bother him, sadly.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 23, 2021, 6:04 PM [ in reply to Re: There is bipartisan support for ]

AUUHHH, that's not very nice! I must be getting to you. YOu're triggered more easily these days!

Why can't we be friends and debate like you wanted? You're such a disappointment. I suspect your Mother felt the same way...eh?

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic