Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
GameDay crew wants confs to keep 10-game in-conf schedule...what’s your opinion on that?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1,663

GameDay crew wants confs to keep 10-game in-conf schedule...what’s your opinion on that?

Oct 24, 2020, 9:17 AM

I do like the prospect of consistently playing more in-conf rivals, but I think there needs to be allowance for at least 2 OOC opponents for the sake of intercollegiate sportsmanship, SEC beatdownage, etc.

I’m ready for our whipping boys in Clumbyuh to be back on the docket...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS

Re: GameDay crew and

Oct 24, 2020, 9:19 AM

Their collective 'opinions' are what keeps the NCAA from holding down the bottom rung of utter stupidity. But, my remote works well, so it's only here that I'm aware of GameDay blather.

Message was edited by: Salty55®

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: GameDay crew wants confs to keep 10-game in-conf schedule...what’s your opinion on that?

Oct 24, 2020, 9:20 AM

Not a fan of playing FCS schools. or whatever they are called. Stick to your own classification.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: GameDay crew wants confs to keep 10-game in-conf schedule...what’s your opinion on that?

Oct 24, 2020, 9:22 AM

That’s a tough nut to crack. Those FCS teams rely on the revenue generated when playing juggernauts, but yeah, it doesn’t really turn my competitive crank to watch our 3rd stringers play against El Cid.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS

Oct 24, 2020, 9:26 AM

I heard aa good suggestion. Spring football for them. More football and their own market and tv w/o the big school comptition

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 24, 2020, 9:23 AM

Also it’s becoming more and more glaringly obvious that Notre Dame needs to join the conference and behave like us peons they so disdain...

GO TIGERS

Oct 24, 2020, 9:24 AM

Agreed, about Notre Dame.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 24, 2020, 9:24 AM

Not big on a 10 game conference schedule, but I do think the ACC should go to nine. Big 10, Big 12, Pac 12 already do that.

That would allow for the game against the #####, one other Power 5, and one FBS in-state school.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 24, 2020, 9:26 AM

Seems a little too reasonable to me - I’m sure they’ll find a way to convolute things unnecessarily...

GO TIGERS

Oct 24, 2020, 9:35 AM [ in reply to Re: GameDay crew wants confs to keep 10-game in-conf schedule...what’s your opinion on that? ]

The ACC voted to go to 9 game conference schedule. Then the deal with Notre Dame was struck and the 9 game conference schedule was scrapped

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What is Gameday crew?***

Oct 24, 2020, 9:29 AM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What is Gameday crew?***

Oct 24, 2020, 9:46 AM

Think it has something to do with giving airtime to the learning impaired. Kinda like when that feller hired Karl Childers to work on small engines, except... that’s a bad analogy because Karl Childers was good at working on small engines.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 24, 2020, 10:02 AM

bdrechs® said:

I do like the prospect of consistently playing more in-conf rivals, but I think there needs to be allowance for at least 2 OOC opponents for the sake of intercollegiate sportsmanship, SEC beatdownage, etc.

I’m ready for our whipping boys in Clumbyuh to be back on the docket...

It wouldn't bother me. But, get the NCAA to allow at least 1 scrimmage.

Remember the original reason besides helping a in state's athletic departments budget with a guaranteed big pay day was "for a tune up game"!

I would not be in favor of having fall camp then jumping immediately into playing all your new starters and young players against a really good OOC opponent! Even a not so good FBS level OOC opponent might point out some deficiencies once you get video in a real game. I would just be worried about not looking sharp early and then it being held against you the rest of the way I guess!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 24, 2020, 10:56 AM

With so few OOC games its is really hard to tell which teams are good in a crappy conference, and which teams are great playing in a good conference.

Oct 24, 2020, 11:29 AM

Of course espn wants more conference games. It's more advertising revenue for them.

The FCS schools HAVE to have a cash game to keep their program. The Citadel, Furman, etc won't be able to field a team. It's difficult enough for them to support Title 9 sport (not there's anything wrong with Title 9)

Teams have some playing time before they start conference play. In past years we have started the season sluggish and the FCS games have been good for us.

As a fan, isn't it fun to watch the new players. We've been spoiled lately, especially this season, normally new players don't get this much playing time.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1,663
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic