Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Funny How The ESPIN Clowns Talking Like Alabama is Still
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,771

Funny How The ESPIN Clowns Talking Like Alabama is Still

Oct 11, 2020, 9:24 AM

a thing. Their defense will give up 110 points to Clemson. Hot Effin Garbage, Saban knows it too. Bama will lose to UGA by 3 scores and it will get spun as UGA is great. UGA is decent and I love it because Clemson will get to tear a hole in them later this year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The campaigning for two SEC teams in the playoffs will be

Oct 11, 2020, 10:46 AM

even more intense this year than normal.

For now, Bama and UGA will be propped up as great. Whenever one loses, it will be because they are in the “tough SEC.”

Florida will still be promoted as having an outside chance. After all, they are in the “tough SEC.”

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Ugga has shown me one thing this year...

Oct 11, 2020, 10:55 AM

They can play one good half of football per game.

If they have to play 4 QTRS OF CONSISTENT FOOTBALL they are doomed.

Plus, their qb reminds me of Don Adams, Agent Maxwell Smart. I don’t know if you want “Missed it by that much!” guy as your qb, but oh well.

~JKB

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Funny How The ESPIN Clowns Talking Like Alabama is Still

Oct 11, 2020, 10:56 AM

a thing. Their defense will give up 110 points to Clemson. Hot Effin Garbage, Saban knows it too. Bama will lose to UGA by 3 scores and it will get spun as UGA is great. UGA is decent and I love it because Clemson will get to tear a hole in them later this year.

They are going off "historical success"! Not saying it's right to do so; just answering your question. I am with you 100% - how in the world does a top contender give up 48 points(could easily have been more) and over 600 yards of offense?

They destroyed Oklahoma for having scores like 63-48(rightfully so mind you). You know it's all about the money now that they aren't undressing Alabama for that performance.
Heck the other "contender" Fla. gave up how many to A&M a team that scrapped by Vanderbilt. Was lucky to beat Vandy. I know teams improve - but if you are talking about these teams like they should be among the elite - "call it like it is for once!

And geesh, you talk about the ACC! SEC defenses caught a case of the Big 12.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 11, 2020, 11:00 AM

I agree with you. However, Georgia’s D-Line will give our O-Line all they want and more. Still think we win though.

Oct 11, 2020, 11:00 AM

I agree with you. However, Georgia’s D-Line will give our O-Line all they want and more. Still think we win though.

Ole Miss hung nearly 700 yards of total offense...

Oct 11, 2020, 11:06 AM

on Bama's defense yesterday.

Ole Miss !?!?!?!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Ole Miss hung nearly 700 yards of total offense...

Oct 11, 2020, 11:19 AM

BigCUFan® said:

on Bama's defense yesterday.

Ole Miss !?!?!?!

Olay!

Olay defense!

Wow! Gaudy number. What happens to Alabama if let's say they play a team that can slow their offense down. But, who also has a potent offense of their own?

Don't think it will work out for them.

Still all of you who have SEC fans you work with or know will have some excuse for these performances! And, dismiss them. SMH at how hypocritical they can be! Clemson or even 0 4 0 St. couldn't allow that many yards and not get trashed by media types!

And this not the play on the field - is why the SEC bias is a real thing. Tenn loses to Georgia in Athens but played well for a half - in SEC folks logic they should still be ranked high because Georgia is so good.
Georgia has played: Arkansas, Auburn and Tenn. Auburn should have lost yesterday. And are not as good as pas Auburn teams. Arkansas just won it's first SEC game in years last week. TN had won 8 straight and might be good! But, I see plenty of ways a top tier offense could have exploited their defense. Offensively they are just not scary! Their lack of depth showed more than anything against Georgia. But, this is why you play the game. Speculation is great and all - but showing it on the field is something else.

Oct 11, 2020, 11:19 AM

Look at the headlines for NCAAF on ESPN right now.

6 of 7 are about the SEC. Not one mention of the #1 team, or the only Top 10 clash this weekend.

It's a racket. It's a grift.

Oct 11, 2020, 11:31 AM

Look at the headlines for NCAAF on ESPN right now.

6 of 7 are about the SEC. Not one mention of the #1 team, or the only Top 10 clash this weekend.

It's a racket. It's a grift.

Exactly right! It becomes a (for lack of another expression) "self full-filled prophecy"! They get hyped up to the point the voters won't knock them when they lose. When Bama or Georgia plays a losing sec team that's been hyped up - they get even more confident and convinced in how superior the top of the conference is. It's crazy and somewhat pathetic at the same time.

Bob Stoops knows it. I know it. You know it. The hype machine plays a huge part in keeping the sec teams relevant and well stocked with top talent. Kids want to go to the schools getting the headlines. By giving the SEC 6 of 7 of the headlines this weekend - bam - they keep the whole thing going. It isn't right and I am always happy to see someone put a wrench in it.
ACC has put the 2nd most number of players in the NFL behind the SEC. But, the Big 10 gets more media love. The Big 10 much like the ACC only has one playoff caliber team consistently. But wait, the ACC boast two schools with at least one National titles in the last 7 years(FSU 2013).
SEC schools are good at football and I do understand some of the hype. But, I do not understand not covering other schools with the same zeal.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2017/1/2/14143834/bob-stoops-sec-sugar-bowl-auburn-2017

seriously, why do you care?***

Oct 11, 2020, 11:32 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,771
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic