Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
kelly bryant
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

kelly bryant

Sep 6, 2015, 7:53 AM

Will be #2 QB before week 6. If nick has "drastically improved " since last year, that explains the loyalty to Cole.

Bryant is as talented athletically as Watson. Watson is obviously a better passer.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Schuessler should have been playing ahead of Stoudt...

Sep 6, 2015, 7:54 AM

last season.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Schuessler should have been playing ahead of Stoudt...

Sep 6, 2015, 8:00 AM

What you see is the result of a true QB coach. Am sure Nick knows the offense better than Bryant. Chill out and let the coaches do there job. If we had had streeter all year, Cole would have performed a lot better.

What are you talking about chill out? I said Schuessler...

Sep 6, 2015, 8:18 AM

played good. Sorry, get over it Stoudt wasn't good. Nobody could fix that Stoudt was highly inaccurate throwing passes in the middle of the field and down field, or that he would nearly throw or did throw int's when he threw passes in the middle of the field. No coach could change that he couldn't get the ball to a wide open Jordan Leggett in the end zone against FSU. No coach could change that he threw an interception against the gamecock defense, when Watson went out briefly in that game, which was one of the worst defenses in the nation last season.

Stoudt didn't work out, accept it and move on. Stop with the coaching conspiracy theories. Boyd and Watson had no problem playing great under Chad Morris.

You might take your own advice----MOVE ON!!!***

Sep 6, 2015, 10:56 PM

Well, Cole had a few problems.

Sep 6, 2015, 8:21 AM [ in reply to Re: Schuessler should have been playing ahead of Stoudt... ]

Being torn up physically all year, following the best QB in the nation and having an OC who continued to call plays that Cole couldn't execute were just three of Cole's problems. Those three along with the one you mentioned panned out about the same time and we got to see what a healthy Cole could do when we played OU. Given, there isn't a defense in the Big 12.

BTW, it wasn't just coincidental that a QB's coach was hired after Chad left. He was personally responsible to train the QBs. I don't think it's practical to think that Dabo couldn't have come up with enough money to pay another much needed coach on his staff.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Boyd and Watson played great under Morris, so your...

Sep 6, 2015, 8:32 AM

conspiracy theory is just plain false. The play calling against OU was the same as it had been all year when Stoudt played. And Stoudt played terrible before he got hurt.

I love Tajh ,but he earned the name Bobble Head Boyd

Sep 6, 2015, 10:03 PM

and would have been a lot better with a dedicated QB coach. Someone with nothing else to do but coach QB's and calm him down in games. The OC has many ,many,many things demanding his time throughout the week and during the game.

Re: Boyd and Watson played great under Morris, so your...

Sep 7, 2015, 12:14 AM [ in reply to Boyd and Watson played great under Morris, so your... ]

You are an idiot. Point blank.

I love Chad Morris and what he did for us. But to say the play calling was the same in the bowl game is just stupid. I assume you think Cole just channelled his inner Tom Brady for the bowl game? Cole had some time to heal and had an actual QB coach to work with him that didn't have to devote time to JUST the QB play and not the entire offensive game planning.

Boyd and Watson both thrived under Morris because they are athletic and could make plays when nothing was there. Which is what Morris' system needed.

Sep 7, 2015, 12:02 AM [ in reply to Re: Schuessler should have been playing ahead of Stoudt... ]

False

Sep 6, 2015, 10:06 PM [ in reply to Schuessler should have been playing ahead of Stoudt... ]

Schuessler is a significant downgrade from stoudt, with the exception to his legs.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 6, 2015, 11:48 PM

While I DO believe Nick is better this year than last, to say he is better than Cole last year is well... a head scratcher.. I will leave it at that. Cole had a decent arm, and when playing his style of game was ok. Great? No, as God as DW4? Of course not. Kid is a once in a decade talent in my opinion. But Cole was hurt, running plays he wasn't really suited for, and besides busted his @$$ every game. And yeah, he got cut quick, but he was actually signed to an NFL roster. For all Nicks effort I can't ever see that. Much too long of a delivery on his passes, and seems disoriented. He clearly turned the wrong way on several plays yesterday. Will he get better? Yes. Can we win with him? Most games on the schedule, I think so. But Bryant and Israel even are clearly the future to me.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 6, 2015, 11:57 PM

yeah, he just does not have the arm strength to zip it past a quality defense, he would get crushed against ND.

If he learned the playbook, which...

Sep 6, 2015, 8:12 AM

he could have done already he would have passed Nick already. I estimate he will be in third place when Israel returns to regular duty and Israel will be the first to step up and take Nick's spot.

That being said, I also expect Bryant to come on strong in about six weeks and take the second chair. He seems to be faster than Watson but I doubt he will never have as much talent. That's defining talent as God given ability. I don't think he has the vision, ability to process and evaluate the 'field.' His physical skills are one of his blessings so I don't expect him to completely master our playbook before he takes his rightful place behind DW.

My consolation is that our OCs know what their guys can and can't do and Bryant's rightful spot in the depth chart is his to claim. Frankly, I am delighted with his talent and level of skill development at this stage of his career.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Israel got redshirted for the season...

Sep 6, 2015, 8:19 AM

he won't be playing this year unless we have some serious injury issues at the QB position

Re: Israel got redshirted for the season...

Sep 6, 2015, 8:26 AM

I did not know that. Last I heard he would be out a few weeks. I have no reason to doubt you but as long as DW plays Bryant's promotion to second will be slow and methodical due to our coaching staff being extremely conservative. I also hope he stays on the bench. I know he wants to play but he'll be a super backup for the next four years.

So you don't think Bryant will start sometime?***

Sep 6, 2015, 8:47 AM

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Re: If he learned the playbook, which...

Sep 6, 2015, 11:07 AM [ in reply to If he learned the playbook, which... ]

Bryant will take a few years to get it all down masterfully, but I actually expect that he could be better than Tajh was.

I'm guessing that having a full time QB coach

Sep 6, 2015, 8:29 AM

Is helping all of them.

Funny, Boyd and Watson had no problem not having a...

Sep 6, 2015, 8:34 AM

"full time" QB coach. I guess the RB's aren't getting good coaching since Tony Elliott is OC now, and he is the RB coach also.

Re: Funny, Boyd and Watson had no problem not having a...

Sep 6, 2015, 9:33 PM

I'm like "what?!?"

Lmao. Chad Morris was a full time qb coach. Who do you think was in the qb meeting room?

Head scratcher lol.

Re: kelly bryant

Sep 6, 2015, 10:55 AM

This might just be due to an untrained eye, but to me a lot of Nick's throws seemed pretty labored, even some of the shorter passes.

Re: kelly bryant

Sep 6, 2015, 9:36 PM

You've got it pretty much right. Schuessler doesn't have a terrible arm, but it's not good and he is definitely not a natural passer - very slow release and poor natural mechanics.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic