Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
From a coach's perspective, I am impressed by
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

From a coach's perspective, I am impressed by

Oct 19, 2020, 4:06 PM

the way that Hunter Helms and Will Spiers both seemed to know what to do during their opportunities to run the offense against GT. That's not to imply that I was surprised - I'm just offering a compliment to both the coaches AND the players in knowing that doesn't "just happen".
The play calls didn't appear to be very complex, but, except for a couple of miscommunications, the backs and receivers seemed to be on the same page and both QB's looked confident and smooth during the 3s and 4s turn to show what they could do.
I coached volleyball for many years and always told our players "We're going to do the right thing every time even if we don't do it exactly right every time." That's what I see from these guys coming off the bench - they are doing the right thing AND they are also, for the most part, doing it right.
Good job, coaches on pushing these guys and good job Tigers on buying what these coaches are selling.

Go Tigers!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: From a coach's perspective, I am impressed by

Oct 19, 2020, 4:24 PM

Per Tigernet.com: "Dabo said Hunter Helms is a great kid to have on the team. Really proud of him and is a kid that has a lot of potential. Proud of the way he played without a lot of reps in practice"

https://twitter.com/ClemsonTigerNet/status/1317952789465751553

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

"...without a lot of reps in practice."

Oct 19, 2020, 5:17 PM

EXACTLY!
This should be very encouraging and says a lot about either HH's attitude or the coaches' teaching technique(s) or both.
This is a kid that has to absorb it and take (mostly) mental reps while the 2s and 3s are taking a lot of actual physical reps.
That's a big deal to me and it doesn't go unappreciated.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "...without a lot of reps in practice."

Oct 19, 2020, 5:39 PM

I hadn't even heard his name before Saturday. It's encouraging and impressive. I give credit to Helms and the coaches.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

Re: "...without a lot of reps in practice."

Oct 19, 2020, 6:59 PM

Hunter is a grey-shirt (preferred walk-on) true freshman from Grey Academy. He had an extremely prolific high school career against very modest competition.

He looks to be a hidden gem, though he probably lacks a few of the tools to go head to head with DJ and Trevor.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 19, 2020, 4:24 PM

I was extremely impressed by Hunter Helms poise and execution

Oct 19, 2020, 4:27 PM

Dat you Jimbo? ??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 19, 2020, 7:03 PM

the way that Hunter Helms and Will Spiers both seemed to know what to do during their opportunities to run the offense against GT. That's not to imply that I was surprised - I'm just offering a compliment to both the coaches AND the players in knowing that doesn't "just happen".
The play calls didn't appear to be very complex, but, except for a couple of miscommunications, the backs and receivers seemed to be on the same page and both QB's looked confident and smooth during the 3s and 4s turn to show what they could do.
I coached volleyball for many years and always told our players "We're going to do the right thing every time even if we don't do it exactly right every time." That's what I see from these guys coming off the bench - they are doing the right thing AND they are also, for the most part, doing it right.
Good job, coaches on pushing these guys and good job Tigers on buying what these coaches are selling.

Go Tigers!

Consider me impressed by you acknowledging it. I like to search through the political post and the non-sense post to try and find good "football post"! I can appreciate you calling this out!
Good Job! Awesome point too! Those guys didn't miss a beat it seemed to me. And that's all coaching and caring enough!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 19, 2020, 8:07 PM

Thanks!
I'm usually posting something that is probably only funny to me and maybe @Tigerbalm1 if he's not too busy working on his sweet Matador to reed my poast.

Re: “sweet Matador”

Oct 20, 2020, 10:34 PM

Are you referring to his car, or his favorite cigar?

I agree, both were extremely ready to play.

Oct 20, 2020, 10:38 PM

They both seemed more prepared than most other backups, even supposedly more talented ones such as Zerrick Cooper and Taisun Phommachanh.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic