Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Forget Watson being hurt....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 56
| visibility 1

Forget Watson being hurt....

Oct 18, 2014, 11:19 PM

Stoudt was the guy we were rolling out to start this year, remember?

The problem goes deeper. Dabo has a great command of recruiting and the overall goings on of the program, but let's face it, he's not an X and O's guy. Clock management tells you all you need to know there.

I think a lot of us are questioning the decision making of the staff starting Cole to begin with. I mean the biggest Cole apologist can't argue with that. Watson has a plus five yards per play advantage over Stoudt and on top of that Cole has ZERO TDs in two games. This is a true freshman over a five year starter.

Let's face it, DCs are beginning to figure out Morris and he has no answer. I am trying to decide whether he was good before because of the talent around him, his newness, or his acumen. After watching the last few games I am confused.

What I do know is that he's not who we thought he was. That's obvious.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A five year starter?***

Oct 18, 2014, 11:23 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that's rich...

Oct 18, 2014, 11:26 PM

you know what I mean. I guess it's much harder to challenge me with logic than typos, so I get this post. But go ahead if it makes you feel superior.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fact: Cole is a 4th year senior, he never red shirted***

Fact: who cares?

Oct 18, 2014, 11:30 PM

Doesn't change a damnn thing so you're not adding anything.

Hard to add much to a full toilet***

Oct 18, 2014, 11:31 PM

That's what I thought.***

Oct 18, 2014, 11:35 PM

For the guy who is immediately down-voting me for my opinion

Oct 18, 2014, 11:23 PM

here is another opportunity. I could give a shyt whether I have 100 or 0 percent, so troll away and God-bless your heart.

Only a select few care about down voting. Ive actually never

Oct 18, 2014, 11:29 PM

used the down vote come to think of it. I'll either upvote, respectfully disagree or call you an ####. You got number 3 this time

personal attacks make you sound so intelligent***

Oct 18, 2014, 11:41 PM

Re: For the guy who is immediately down-voting me for my opinion

Oct 19, 2014, 12:30 AM [ in reply to For the guy who is immediately down-voting me for my opinion ]

Ok bud

Re: Forget Watson being hurt....

Oct 18, 2014, 11:24 PM

Venables looked shaky at times without the secondary he has now. It will always be about the Jimmy's and Joe's first and foremost.

It is, you're right

So how was the Stoudt jimmy ever better than the Watson Joe to begin with?

Remember this guy is being paid 1.2 million to make these decisions.

Re: It is, you're right

A fair question but maybe not his to make.

And here we see yet another "adult" b!tchinh like a teenager

that didn't get the car they wanted.

So CDS should have started a true frosh QB?

Oct 18, 2014, 11:27 PM

In Athens over a 5th year senior in the first game????

No one is questioning that DW is not the better QB now, but can't really question the decision from first game. Had to see how the kid handled the pressure.

Re: So CDS should have started a true frosh QB?

Agreed. The only way Deshaun would have started this season as our QB starter would have been if Cole were injured preseason and couldn't go.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

You forget

Oct 18, 2014, 11:33 PM [ in reply to So CDS should have started a true frosh QB? ]

he didn't walk in August 15. He was here for spring too. And yes, I do expect a staff being paid over 3 million a year to see after 8 months that Watson was better. Call me crazy.

here's some logic you can take

Oct 18, 2014, 11:33 PM [ in reply to So CDS should have started a true frosh QB? ]

to the bank..the Tigers won today. It wasn't pretty, but they won. How can anybody be critical after winning? Only 50% of the teams won today.

Our top 3 running backs are out, number 1 quarterback

Oct 18, 2014, 11:28 PM

A few of our receivers, and our offensive line has taken a lot of hard hits.

Let's enjoy this win for the night. It may have not been pretty, but the team came out and took care of business. Chad Morris has a lot of offensive talent, but he's been dealt a bad hand of cards.

Last week was the first time Chad Morris' offense hasn't scored in a game. I question his play calling sometimes as well, but lets allow him to get his starters back, and evaluate his performance later.

And without Morris, we may have not gotten Deshaun

Maybe he is an awful play caller and coach, but he sure does draw elite recruits here for some reason

How can you say it was Morris and not Dabo or a combination

Oct 18, 2014, 11:47 PM

that got Watson. Doesn't argue my original point.

Because Chad Morris is the one who primarily recruited him

Oct 19, 2014, 12:28 AM

Chad Morris was his position's coach, and he has said that Chad was one of the biggest draws to the program. And I don't see how pointing out the good a coach does for a program doesn't argue your point. What about the first part of the post? Did it argue your post?

so what exactly are you bitching about?

Oct 18, 2014, 11:31 PM

The fact that they started Cole the first 3 games until they realized Watson was ready for the limelight or that we are starting Cole when Watson is hurt?

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

What do you think?***

Oct 18, 2014, 11:37 PM

Wait, Why'd you skip my comment? Too much logic?***

Oct 18, 2014, 11:39 PM

it's an honest question

Oct 18, 2014, 11:39 PM [ in reply to What do you think?*** ]

How many TRUE freshmen have been successful on their first start being at a top 10 team? It's completely understandable why they didn't start him. I'm sure 99% of coaches would have done the same thing.

Re: it's an honest question

Oct 18, 2014, 11:41 PM

I agree. But when he comes in and lights it up you have to leave him in.

Oct 18, 2014, 11:46 PM

I agree with that, I wish they could have seen if Watson could of had sustained success against UGA, but maybe the coaches didn't want to take confidence from Cole or stat a controversy (even though the TD pass did). Also Remember Cole came back and lead the team on a TD drive right after Watson threw his.

Oct 18, 2014, 11:49 PM

True. But I just think it extended the controversy needlessly. They should have been able to seperation in practice. Once Watson looked calm all questions about him should have been answered.

But look what's happened since then...

Oct 18, 2014, 11:49 PM [ in reply to Re: it's an honest question ]

practice aren't games but really? Its not even close.

Re: But look what's happened since then...

Oct 19, 2014, 12:33 AM

I'm not arguing that Stoudt is better than Watson at all, I'm just saying that you can't blame the coaches for not starting him right away. Very few true freshmen have talent to start on a top D1 program straight from HS, let alone at QB which is the hardest position in college athletics to adjust too.

Oct 18, 2014, 11:33 PM

Here's a TU to counter the TDs you'll get for questioning the Chad. But he has shown some deficiencies in game plan, play calling, and adjustments. I don't know if he's just not comfortable with Cole or what, but our O just gets untracked. Where's the O from the first half of the UGA game? We lit em up, mostly with Cole.

Oct 18, 2014, 11:35 PM

Not really. We pounded the rock in when Cole was under center. UGA sold out to stop that and we shut down.

Oct 18, 2014, 11:43 PM

You don't get to make stuff up. We didn't pound anything in the UGA game. Cole threw the ball, so did DW. The run came off our success thru the air. Read the recap.

Oct 18, 2014, 11:45 PM

Cole completed 1 pass past the line of scrimmage in each TD drive. No pass completed in the redzone. What would you call that?

You're spinning your wheels like I am

Oct 18, 2014, 11:52 PM

no reasonable debate here just needless argument.

Oct 18, 2014, 11:34 PM

Every DC and OC gets "figured out" eventually. It really has MUCH more to do with the players and talents they have to work with that makes the program successful. QB play, Oline strength and speed, RB/WR size and speed and TALENT.

Teams aren't made up of programmable robots, able and willing to execute each and every play to perfection. This would make the OC's job much easier. Teams are full of flesh and blood human beings with different quirks and talents from year to year. These quirks and talents, ever so slightly different, makes the difference between winning seasons, national championships, mediocre seasons, losing seasons.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I guess that's why we paid 1.2 million

Oct 18, 2014, 11:39 PM

because he took an the talent at a lesser school and produced yards.

Re: I guess that's why we paid 1.2 million

Oct 18, 2014, 11:51 PM

I have no issue with the 1.2 Mil or what ANYONE can negotiate for their own compensation. He will be held to account for it appropriately based on his performance at the end of the year.

I for one wouldn't go near the job with a 10 ft pole.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would...

Oct 18, 2014, 11:54 PM

at least one year anyway =)

I know, we've gone all to pieces this year.

Oct 19, 2014, 12:35 AM

We probably won't even make the Orange Bowl. No wait, we probably will make the OB and that leaves you with your panties showing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I sort of agree with Pacific Beach (is that where Beach Boys

Oct 19, 2014, 12:55 AM

live? Dennis Wilson of Beach Boys (drummer who drowned) wrote/sang a song called PACIFIC BLUE.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 19, 2014, 12:57 AM

I post little here and do not like to insult others, but you do recognize your post is pretty lame - don't you? I mean, really, that Stoudt doesn't win your confidence is hardly noteworthy. And if you want to compare,where is Tajh right now? Tajh was a good qb for us, I think, but he had a better crew to work with. So we really don't know. Watson ain't available and I've seen no one suggesting we put in the third stringer. Stoudt is our qb right now and I'm okay with this.

Oct 19, 2014, 2:46 AM

> I think a lot of us are questioning the decision
> making of the staff starting Cole to begin with. I
> mean the biggest Cole apologist can't argue with
> that. Watson has a plus five yards per play advantage
> over Stoudt and on top of that Cole has ZERO TDs in
> two games. This is a true freshman over a five year
> starter.

I think EVERYONE is questioning your memory.
I could have sworn that Tajh Boyd has been our STARTING QB until this year.

A Football Staff that has won 30 plus games in the last 3 years certainly knows if a TRUE Freshman QB, that missed time in the Spring due to injury, knows when and if he is ready to play Mentally and Physically.

I guess you think a Message Board poster knows all. LOL

I agree that Dabo has an excellent of understanding

Oct 19, 2014, 3:41 AM

the overall"goings on" of the program. Now, with all the experience we had coming back on the D side of the ball, you know many of theses guys have been around/created a bond with Cole over the past 5 years. We agree, Dabo has his thumb on the pulse of the program, so making DW the starter from game 1 could've possibly split the locker room. I'm just throwing a thought I had out there, so take it FWIW. We're so young on O, but full of veterans on D (even 2 deep in the front 4) that if things were as close in fall camp as we heard, you'd think the veteran should get the start. We did see DW play early vs. thUGA, so the coaches knew the potential to play early was there. Possibly we started Cole to keep the team as 1...given Dabo does indeed know his program well. Is that a completely moronic thought, or does anyone believe there some validity to my theory? It certainly won't hurt my feelings if you think it had no bearing whatsoever. Maybe DW is just a gamer, but they both play well on the practice field. What I can tell you is that DW dropped some absolute dimes against NCState and UNC! Young man is a special talent, no question.

Message was edited by: TigerGrant8®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our seniors are 8-1 in games played within a TD

Oct 19, 2014, 4:37 AM

That's coaching. That tells me all I need to know about Dabo. That and all the games we've won under him the past 3 years.

Indeed! +1 It's not like we were having 10+

Oct 19, 2014, 5:04 AM

win seasons with anyone since Ford. Not West, Hatfield, or Bowden. Dabo has us moving in the right direction. Plus, he did the toughest thing there is to do for a CFB program, and that is change the culture. Double digit winning seasons aren't easy to do 3 years in a row.....see previous coach list. Was there even one 10+ win season while they were HC's here?

Message was edited by: TigerGrant8®

I Agree

Oct 19, 2014, 6:43 AM

You are confused, and that's being kind on my part.

Re: I Agree

Oct 19, 2014, 6:52 AM

@ ithica : You should post more , that was an excellent post .

DB23

Re: I Agree

Oct 19, 2014, 6:56 AM

@ TigerGrant
I agree with your theory . If the team ain't happy , ain't nobody happy.
Dabo has played at this level , and has been in enough locker rooms to see what teamsmanship is all about. He understands hierarchy and how to use it to benefit the goal.
TU !

DB23

Oct 19, 2014, 8:28 AM

We sure seem to have an injury bug. We miss those bodies badly. ; / running back, oline, now the spark we had at QB ; /

Morria has had one bad game

Oct 19, 2014, 8:52 AM

And that was last week against the cardinals. Chad was put in a bad spot tho. Watson got injured (which the gameplan was set around him) and an injured Cole Stoudt, who didn't practice at all that week came in and took over. The Chad called a good game yesterday IMO. Just bc we didn't put up 40 points doesn't mean he called a bad game. I understand we weren't playing Alabama but that was the #8 defense in the country we went up against. The only thing I would want to change is the QB runs with Cole Stoudt. Cole is just not a running QB. I respect Chad for sticking with what he wants to do with his offense but they just need to take that play out until Watson comes back

Good grief.***

Oct 19, 2014, 9:09 AM

What I do know, you don't know a thing about football***

Oct 19, 2014, 9:10 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seems a lot of people disagree with your knee-jerk reaction***

Oct 20, 2014, 5:32 AM

Oct 20, 2014, 6:18 AM

Morris does not have much to work with right now. Every one can predict what he will do when there are a handful of decent players and that's it. I will reiterate yet again that our S&C and o lines have something to be desired.

Replies: 56
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic