Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For those who have watched LSU, would you describe them as complete?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

For those who have watched LSU, would you describe them as complete?

Nov 20, 2019, 10:49 PM

Obviously the talk is that they are a great offense and a suspect defense. But even on offense, they are #2 in passing yards per game but only 60th in rushing yards per game. Looking at the play-by-play against Bama, even up 20 on the road, they threw a ton in the second half against a defense that is statistically better against the pass than the run.

Obviously their passing attack is strong, but if we are fortunate enough to get to the playoffs and play them, I would love to watch what BV does to try to minimize their offense.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

We've all seem their defense . . . and it scares no one.

Nov 20, 2019, 10:59 PM

Their offensive line has given up over 20 sacks so far . . .

Would our Tigers treat Burrow like we did the guy from Auburn, Stidham, a few years ago???

Guessing at least 6 sacks . . . probably more

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: For those who have watched LSU, would you describe them as complete?

Nov 20, 2019, 11:06 PM

Nope. In all honesty Ohio State has looked like the only team that has a shot against Clemson. LSU is one dimensional on offense and average on defense.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 20, 2019, 11:17 PM

LSU 2019 is OU 2018. It is screamingly obvious. LSU will lay down faster than Lady Marmalade when they meet Ohio St or Clemson.

Nov 20, 2019, 11:51 PM [ in reply to Re: For those who have watched LSU, would you describe them as complete? ]

Ohio State will choke before we get the chance, they always do.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Nov 20, 2019, 11:13 PM

I agree with all assessments for the most part, however a QB that is playing out of his mind can level the playing field.

Burrow is playing great.

I think our D could pull out a few stops vs their defense not doing so much to give us the win.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 21, 2019, 8:06 AM

Burrow is throwing short high percentage passes for the most part (slants, dumps to the backs, short outs) and is getting major YAC against poor defenses. He does sprinkle in a few deep throws when the D is napping and has been successful. I don't think they have seen anything close to a BV defense. The Auburn defense is not what the media makes them out to be.

Tight coverage and clean tackles will slow down that offense because the LSU OL is not good enough to drive the ball down the field without giving up sacks or tackles for loss.

If you watched, read or heard about what Ole Miss did to the LSU defense, then enough said.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 20, 2019, 11:13 PM

Not at all. That defense is a huge problem and will possibly get them beat before the playoffs.

Nov 20, 2019, 11:22 PM

Not at all. They just outscoring people.

Nov 20, 2019, 11:39 PM

I feel pretty confident I've watched more LSU games, or at least followed them closer than probably everyone else here as an alum of both schools.

The offense is more than legit. The thing that makes it dangerous is scheming. Literally the saints offense and Joe future Heisman winner Burreaux is doing a #### good impression of Brees. The biggest change is under no circumstances will we ever go conservative again. If we can score and make sure it's out of reach we're going to do it. No more running the clock out, we're trying to run the scoreboard out. It saved us in the Texas game. Our game plan is too stop you enough while outscoring you to til the end.

The reason, in my mind that people are down on the LSU defense is its not built for this style of offense. Retooling will happen. Just think back to 2012 with bayou Bengal defenders falling like flies with cramps in the fourth quarter, real or otherwise. The defense is actually good, but it's not on the level of ours (clemson) in terms of depth and conditioning.

Also, LSU throws to run, which is totally different than in the past. This scheme has made Clyde Edwards-Helaire look like LF7. Oline issues withstanding. He's good, don't get me wrong, but he's not all world. Scary to think what an every down NFL running back could do on the current LSU team. Burrow being a smart runner helps too.

I think (fervently hope) the final will be LSU Clemson. I think Clemson wins of course, but I will only be slightly disappointed if it goes the other way. LSU has the offense to keep up with ours and compete against our D, but it'll come down to can the LSU defense manage enough stops. It's pretty hard to stop the offense juggernaut that TL16 is running right now. The sec championship game will be enlightening, at least to the fact that UGA sucks at offense.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 20, 2019, 11:44 PM

They r simply this year’s version of Bama and we will defeat them the same way so long as we don’t get beat deep. Keep all in front til they approach red zone, then buckle down, stop them and frustrate the heck out of them. Just like last year, we have yet to fully open offensive playbook. So long as ETN healthy, title AGAIN is ours to lose against whomever is left to give us a try. Happy Bday Dabo and GoTigers!

Nov 20, 2019, 11:45 PM

They r simply this year’s version of Bama and we will defeat them the same way so long as we don’t get beat deep. Keep all in front til they approach red zone, then buckle down, stop them and frustrate the heck out of them. Just like last year, we have yet to fully open offensive playbook. So long as ETN healthy, title AGAIN is ours to lose against whomever is left to give us a try. Happy Bday Dabo and GoTigers!

Nov 20, 2019, 11:51 PM

I've said that their defense was suspect since the beginning of the season. Now, it's so obvious that I don't see how they can be ranked #1. A team cannot run that HUNH offense and have a championship defense. Clemson learned this years ago with Morris.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Nov 21, 2019, 1:42 AM

It's Big 12, Baker Mayfield type concoction...they will try to offense you to death early...run defenses ragged and thus the problems compound for opponents later in the game. They have a serviceable but not outstanding defense.

However, Ole Wheel Burrow won't know what hit him when BV and crew roll into town and our offense will slice and dice their D without much trouble.

O310 State actually concerns me slightly more. I see them as sort of the Notre Dame type team we played last year. They will be more stingy on Defense. However we take these cats handily as well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 21, 2019, 5:34 AM

I would not say they are complete, but show me any team in the Top 10 that is.
Still, they have had 3 good wins over teams that are accustomed to winning; Florida, Auburn, and Bama, which tells me they know how to win.
I could care less about stats because you can play lights out, and lose on a flukey play or play like s#!+ and still win going away.
In the end, the only stat that matters is wins and losses.
And right now there are only 3 teams in The College Football Playoff Poll that are 10-0.

Nov 21, 2019, 5:39 AM

I think they can run the ball well if they need to. That little guy is a stud. Their offense can be balanced if they choose to do so. Their issue is their D as we all know.

LSU is a cross between Clemson's

Nov 21, 2019, 5:48 AM

2013 and 2015 squads. Know what I mean? ;)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: LSU is a cross between Clemson's

Nov 21, 2019, 4:46 PM

Exactly.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 21, 2019, 8:07 AM

The 2019 LSU Tigers seem to be a cheap knock-off replica of the 2018 Alabama Crimson Tide. Some media and SEC pundits have went as far as touting the Bayou Tigers as the greatest LSU team ever. That claim has died down the past few weeks, almost as fast as that vaunted LSU defense gives up points.

LSU has a good team, but they are severely overrated, much like their SEC predecessor, Alabama, was last season. LSU is a one dimensional team which has a high flying passing attack with a defense that's vulnerable to just about every type of attack there is in college football.

Like last season's Alabama Crimson Tide, LSU has a lethal passing attack being led by a very talented QB. The LSU running game isn't on par with the 2018 Alabama squad, not even close. Not talking statistics, it's talent. Alabama had a more versatile and more complete group of RB's compared to this LSU team.

The 2018 Alabama defense had its faults, and injuries which depleted it's core, but that group was head and shoulders better than what the Bayou Tigers trot out onto the feild. The 2018 Alabama team was being hearled as the greatest Alabama team ever and the greatest team that college football has ever produced.

It didn't end well for that Alabama team. The future will hold a much similar fate for LSU. Clemson beat the greatest of all time last season. This season they might have a chance to beat the SEC's greatest knock-off version.

The college football world deserves a chance to witness the two best teams faceoff this season in New Orleans. If the gods do indeed answer the request from the masses, then Clemson and Ohio St. have a date with destiny.

Nov 21, 2019, 12:49 PM

IF Tua doesn’t drop a football on the LSU 5 yd line and Jeudy doesn’t drop a TD pass, LSU probably loses that game.

LSU victories over UF and Auburn - imo two ‘over rated/hyped SEC teams’ - have propped up LSU’s stature in the eyes of the talking heads (y’know, the ones who called Bama the greatest team of all time last year).

I can not (hardly) wait for the CFP.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

LSU's defense went to sleep in the second half

Nov 21, 2019, 1:07 PM

against Bamuh and they haven't woken up, yet. They won't have to against Arkansas, either, and probably can play halfass against A&M and win. The problem comes in when you haven't played well in a month, it's sometimes difficult to flip that switch, again. College football going to get very interesting in the next 3-4 weeks.

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic