Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For those of you keeping score, FSU had another opt out.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 4,397

For those of you keeping score, FSU had another opt out.

Dec 2, 2020, 4:37 PM

Starting DB opted out. Been injured earlier and got back on the field, or was at least ready to, for the cancelled games.

Norvell insists the Noles will play the games. I ain't buying it yet.

But, on the other hand, this is like the Spring practice he missed. He's got an extra two weeks to watch all those freshmen and sophomores practice, and possibly play in a couple of games, so he can evaluate how to try and fill out the recruiting class: transfer portal, grad transfer, JUCO, HS.

Me? I'm just hoping the recruiting class ranks higher than the gamecocks.

Went from feeling good when we hired him, to resigned to a long road to respectability by October. And, now the road is even longer than it was in October.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: For those of you keeping score, FSU had another opt out.

Dec 2, 2020, 4:38 PM

Bret, FSU is dead. It's time you got past your grief and just accepted it---the FSU football program is dead. Norvell is a disgrace. I'm sorry for your loss.

-RB

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Dec 2, 2020, 4:43 PM

You may be right. But, if it is dead, Norvell is one of the unfortunate victims. He is not the murderer. That role goes to President Coburn and his inner circle of accomplices.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 2, 2020, 5:08 PM

I'm with you on the univ president, Thrasher, currently, I think. The ESPN article on the demise of FSU football talks about a 6 year decline. How long has Thrasher been there? Six years. Coincidence? Methinks not.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He is FSU's version of Max Lenon***

Dec 2, 2020, 10:49 PM

He is FSU's version of Max Lenon***

Dec 2, 2020, 10:51 PM [ in reply to Re: For those of you keeping score, FSU had another opt out. ]

Dec 2, 2020, 9:52 PM [ in reply to Re: For those of you keeping score, FSU had another opt out. ]

Reminds me of the Max Lennon days...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 2, 2020, 10:11 PM [ in reply to Re: For those of you keeping score, FSU had another opt out. ]

Yes and no.....Norvell certainly has stepped in it with some of his comments. No sugar-coating that and some of that probably stems from inexperience dealing with national press.

But your prez reminds me of one Max Lennon....and you probably know how many years it took us to emerge from the wilderness after that disaster.

Either way, Bret, FSU is screwed. Bad for the ACC and frankly, bad for Clemson when FSU is down.

Screw Calford.

Dec 2, 2020, 10:20 PM [ in reply to Re: For those of you keeping score, FSU had another opt out. ]

I hope you don’t have to follow a path like we did with Tommy West. That was brutal.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 2, 2020, 4:40 PM

Bro - I'm sorry. A shame to see such a good program struggle. I will admit that I have enjoyed the beatings we have administered the last couple of seasons.

Dec 2, 2020, 5:01 PM

I bleed solid Orange, but lived in FL for 13 years after graduating from Clemson and was/am a FSU fan unless playing my Tigers. But it will take along time to recover. There are a lot of talented kids in FL, so may it will be just a couple of years. What I perceive is it has gone from a place where kids wanted to play to not so much.

I blame Wilcox. He focused too much on identity politics, and in agreeing to pay off both Oregon and USF buyouts I read that the WT experiment cost you $35+ million. These bad decisions can have long term impact. Hopefully another 4-5 years at least my Tigers dominate, we have a lost decade or more to make up. (Sadly we missed a 30-40 point win in Tally this year. And FSU was in the wrong on that one.)

Dec 2, 2020, 5:01 PM

I think FSU will return. It's a long road, but y'all will be back. The higher the climb, the longer it takes to get back after you fall. Hang in there, Bret.

FSU still has tradition and history...

Dec 2, 2020, 5:09 PM

on which to rely and recruit. Been there and done that so to speak.

uof6c on the other hand, but for a few outlier years where they managed to be somewhat competitive (largely because the rest of the $EC was WAAAAAAAY DOWN), they have pretty much sucked throughout their entire sad and pathetic history.

Even during their "glory years", other than beating Clemson a few times, they have absolutely nothing else to show for it (no conference championship, no BCS bowl appearances, and certainly no national championships).

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Dec 2, 2020, 5:19 PM

You’re a good egg Bret. Gonna take some patience but to paraphrase Samuel Twain, rumors of FSU’s death are greatly exacerbated

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 2, 2020, 5:43 PM

Maybe time to go back to being a girls school. I hear girls are allowed to play football now.

There’s always women’s soccer...y’all are badasses at that. I hate how cootish that sounds.

I would feel more sorry for y’all except for the 20 years of harassment I endured from some of your alumni (former friends) during your glory days.

I wish Coach Bowden could help try and right the ship

Dec 2, 2020, 10:02 PM

If anything but an advisor. Norvell could use his assistance in leadership. But, I'm afraid time has slipped up on him, plus a bout with the virus may have taken it's toll.

That's weird coming from me, since in the 90's, FSU wasn't too kind to anyone.

Dec 2, 2020, 10:29 PM

Watch out for Deion’s head coaching gig at Jackson State. If he looks like he can handle being a head coach, it wouldn’t surprise me if FSU took a shot on him after Norvell.

Deion would be an absolute animal recruiting at FSU

That last line is 100% true...***

Dec 3, 2020, 12:28 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 4,397
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic