Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For those busting Dabo
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

For those busting Dabo

Nov 30, 2013, 11:15 PM

I must have missed something during the game. How many fumbles did Dabo have? How many interseptions did he throw? How many dropped passes did he have? You can have as good of a coach as there is and if players do not execute it is meaningless.I mean God himself could call plays for us but if our players made the same mistakes as tonight we would still loose. This falls squarly on our players. Many on here think Saben is a god of a coach. Explain what happened today to Ala. where they outcoached or did the players not execute? The final play in field goal protection someone should have picked up on that player period. There are times I will blame a loss on a coach. If they run run run passs kick every time and have very little difference in play calls then yes blame the coach. But 6 turnovers? that is not our coachs fault. If we were half as smart minded football as many of us think we are I don't think we would be on T-Net on a Sat night but we would be on a sideline coaching.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: For those busting Dabo

Nov 30, 2013, 11:16 PM

Well said.

But he coaches them not to hold on the ball and not to care

Nov 30, 2013, 11:17 PM

about winning. All this, since he is a cheerleader all he really knows is how to yell, cut flips, and paint banners for the team to run through. Per the LOUDEST group of T-net

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well coached teams do not turn it over 6 times

Nov 30, 2013, 11:48 PM

They do not accept mediocrity in biggest rivalry. That said, both SC players and coaches KNOW they will beat Clemson with Shaw behind center.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: For those busting Dabo***

Nov 30, 2013, 11:18 PM

He didn't care to make it a big deal to his team

Nov 30, 2013, 11:18 PM

so since it wasn't a big deal to them, they made mistakes. The coots were much more disciplined just like the last few years. Spurrier made sure they knew how important this game was and it showed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you judging that by "coachspeak" to the media?

Dec 1, 2013, 12:02 AM

From what I heard on the inside Dabo made this game a very big deal to the team and they all knew what it meant. Heck even in the postgame Dabo said "Our locker room is obviously hurting. This is one that we all wanted."

It sucks real bad to lose this game. It sucks real bad to lose 5 in a row. It sucks real bad to have to listen to that trash from Columbia for another year and I'm not happy about it at all. The one thing I don't buy is when people don't says Dabo doesn't think this game is a big deal. He does. He gets it. You may not like what he says publicly about it, but don't confuse what you hear with what you don't hear.

Bottom line though is we have to win the game. No excuses. This blows!

Nov 30, 2013, 11:20 PM

Our play-calling seemed pretty solid for the most part. Our run game was on and we had open receivers often. Boyd seemed to make a critical error each drive: missing an open receiver or not leading an open receiver enough for more yardage, running into a sack, and obviously the late interceptions.

Then, using your same argument, he should get no credit for the good either. Heck, we could save ourselves tons of money and just get rid of the coaches altogether!

I have supported Dabo from the beginning

But, how can you say it's not coaching when it's gone on for FIVE years? The buck stops with the head coach. Period. Danny Ford ALWAYS took the blame for the losses and said he didn't have them prepared well enough. He was right.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

I forgot, whos job isi it to teach

Nov 30, 2013, 11:21 PM

players not to turn the ball over? Is it the cook? Perhaps th bus driver? The Maintenance chief? Janitor? Whos job is it?
One other note: Players come and go, but one thing remains consistent in the last 5 games against the Gamecocks. Turnovers. Turnovers have cost us in every game we lost to them. Can't blame Tajh for the 2009 loss. SO who do ya blame?

good grief

Nov 30, 2013, 11:21 PM

really?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Amen!

Nov 30, 2013, 11:22 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 30, 2013, 11:22 PM

1. The game had been decided before the last two turnovers

2. We could not stop them on 3rd down and Connor Shaw ran all over us like he did in 2011.

3. If we had a better game plan we would have not put ourselves in a situation to turn the ball over. We couldn't even get the ball to our playmakers, we were running for our lives the whole game.

Don't compare Saban to Dabo

Nov 30, 2013, 11:24 PM

That's like comparing a Lamborghini to a Ford Taurus, No offense to Dabo, but Saban doesn't lose much.

Big difference between...

Nov 30, 2013, 11:25 PM

One freak busted play against a VERY good team on the road... and multiple turnovers and annual choke jobs dating back for years. By the way, bama has win the multiple national championships in recent years. Are you seriously equating Dabo and Saban? If so, you need to quit smoking meth (or crack or whatever TF you're high on)

Talent and preparation tell the tale. The ACC STINKS. You have to beat quality competition to really be worth a shyatt. That's where a program is measured.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Big difference between...

One freak busted play against a VERY good team on the road... and multiple turnovers and annual choke jobs dating back for years. By the way, bama has win the multiple national championships in recent years. Are you seriously equating Dabo and Saban? If so, you need to quit smoking meth (or crack or whatever TF you're high on)

Talent and preparation tell the tale. The ACC STINKS. You have to beat quality competition to really be worth a shyatt. That's where a program is measured.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Big difference between...

Nov 30, 2013, 11:54 PM

Couldn't have said it better

Dabo vs. Saban? Really? Seriously?***

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 30, 2013, 11:38 PM

Coaching is responsible for not making changes like leaving Shuey at WLB and SC obviously game planned to run QB Weak every time. Not sometimes...every time.Check the tape. Finally with 11 min left we move Shuey to middle Lb and Anthony to the outside. Should not have taken 3 qtrs to see that and adjust. That my friend is 100% coaching.

Nov 30, 2013, 11:47 PM

For those that think I am compairing Dabo to Saben did not read my post so, "Explain what happened today to Ala. where they outcoached or did the players not execute? The final play in field goal protection someone should have picked up on that player period." My parent told me, taught me drilled into me not to use tobacco but guess what I dip. Sometimes no matter what is taught it does not get through and with players they make mistakes. Do you really think our D does not have hard snap count to teach them not to jump off sides? Do you really think we don't have hand drills? So they know how to hold onto the football? I say again it is on the players.

Nov 30, 2013, 11:56 PM

In war a man jumps on the grenade!

this is just sad.

Nov 30, 2013, 11:50 PM

i feel for you.

Dabo is the coach! He teaches the basics!

Nov 30, 2013, 11:51 PM

Win will never ever be a contender under him! Just a pretender! Wake up!

Would rather be lucky than good

Dec 1, 2013, 12:07 AM

Dabo needs to get lucky soon, don't mean Kathleen

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2013, 12:21 AM

I like Dabo I also liked Tommy Bowden, but these coaches get paid a lot of money to win games. First your conference and second your rivalry game each year. Enough said on the goals One ACC Championship and then and embarrassing loss to WV in the Orange bowl. NO wins over SC in five years! You want to blame kids just out of high school? If you ran a business, and each of the 5 years you were CEO your main competitor embarrassed you. How long do you think you would have your job? I'm not saying Dabo should be fired but it's time he felt some heat!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2013, 12:27 AM

Dabo and the gimmick offense he chooses to run are 99% of our problem. Our defense sucks because that freaking gimmick offense leaves them on the field entirely too much.

Dec 1, 2013, 12:29 AM

Dabo added to it by acting like an idiot on intentional grounding call.

Dabo is a good cheerleader and has the highest paid staff in NCAA yet can not win basically a three game schedule.

Pathetic.

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic