Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For the good of America, Trump has to be prosecuted...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1,070

For the good of America, Trump has to be prosecuted...

Jan 4, 2021, 7:58 AM

For election interference and attempted extortion per the phone call recording that was released. It doesn't matter who you supported in this election, you have to recognize that he was attempting to extort Georgia officials into illegally giving him more votes. A strong message needs to be sent to all future authoritarian leaders such as Trump.

There is absolutely no defense of Trump's behavior in that phone call. This is one issue where there is no gray area.

If you're on Trump's side with this issue, it's time for you to just openly admit you don't support America, democracy, or the laws of our nation. You just desperately want a dictator in your life, and you're fine if America's integrity suffers as a result.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

I'm sure law enforcement is aware, as we all are.

Jan 4, 2021, 8:02 AM

They will investigate, as necessary.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It was a pretty big head-shaker.......

Jan 4, 2021, 8:02 AM

I guess the question for me is whether it passed into illegal territory (by the letter of the law) or just stayed put in despicable behaviour land.

I truly don't know the laws on that one.....just spitballing it doesn't sound like any threats were made "If you don't do this, then this will happen to you" as much as it was "c'mon buddy, what's another 12k votes?"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It was a pretty big head-shaker.......

Jan 4, 2021, 8:05 AM

He told the official that what he was doing was criminal, and that it could be "very bad" for him. Sounded threatening to me.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

ahhh, ok, gotcha.....full admission I didn't study the

Jan 4, 2021, 8:07 AM

transcript, but yeah I can see how that would be construed as illegal coercion.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think the key is demonstrating that he had

Jan 4, 2021, 8:11 AM [ in reply to It was a pretty big head-shaker....... ]

criminal intent, as opposed to urging him to fix issues of fraud. At least, that would probably be the defense, in the hypothetical scenario that there are charges pursued.

It was a heinous and disqualifying (to me) call, but one you would expect him to make.

GA doesn't have the electoral votes to change the election.

Jan 4, 2021, 8:14 AM

So we know he made other similar calls. We should start by looking into those.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not convinced it would be good for America.

Jan 4, 2021, 8:06 AM

Might be better to let him retire in disgrace.

Plus, he's going to pardon himself.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That sets a great example.

Jan 4, 2021, 8:09 AM

We know this guy did something criminal, but we're just so #### exhausted so let's not think too much about it. Also, it's a State crime as well.

it was already set when we didnt prosecute

Jan 4, 2021, 9:24 AM

Hillary for holding/doing government business on a personal computer.

I am not saying ### for tat, I am just saying there is already precedence.

Any of us would be in prison for doing what she did.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds like

Jan 4, 2021, 9:40 AM

what Trump did was probably illegal, but Hillary's emails doe.

FBI decided there wasn't enough to prosecute Hillary.

Jan 4, 2021, 10:13 AM

Same isn't the case for Trump because they have not yet had an opportunity to make that determination.

The reason is that Mueller decided that he couldn't recommend indictment of a sitting president.

The reason it might not be good to indict Trump, however, is that it would turn Biden's first term into 4 years of the Trump criminal case. (And yes, it would take years to try to convict him of anything.) All of the attention would be looking back at Trump's horribleness, rather than looking forward to solving our problems.

Meanwhile, Trump's 37% fanbase would be cheering him along and calling the whole thing a hoax, giving Trump far more power than he would have if we just ignored him once he's out of office.

Finally, anything less than full conviction could be turned into the platform for Trump's 2024 run.

Therefore, I think it might be best not to prosecute Trump.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FBI decided there wasn't enough to prosecute Hillary.

Jan 4, 2021, 10:22 AM

I think everything you said is true, but Biden can stay out of it. Just have him say that the DOJ can investigate and he will listen to their recommendations. I realize that with anything involving Trump, he'll cry witch-hunt and make it seem partisan, but the DOJ can't fall for it.

And this is where we'll have to disagree

Jan 4, 2021, 10:34 AM [ in reply to FBI decided there wasn't enough to prosecute Hillary. ]

I truly do understand where you're coming from and I see the dangers, but if we don't lock this clown up for his actions and send a very clear message to others who think this behavior is appropriate, it will happen again. Not with Trump, but with some of his past underlings. We've got to have justice here.

We need Trump in prison to destroy any legacy he thought he would have. We need him there to frighten all of his minions and the Republican sycophants who have supported this behavior. We need it rubbed in the faces of his average American supporters to teach them a lesson to. Yes, it could lead to a bit of a stain on Biden, but I'm worried about the stain it leaves on America if it doesn't happen.

We don't need this fat orange clown cashing in on the next reality show to keep spouting off his BS and influencing more of our nation's dumber contingent.

Re: And this is where we'll have to disagree

Jan 4, 2021, 11:01 AM

I'd be more willing to consider prosecution if quozzel's ideas about Deutsche Bank and Russian stuff come more into focus.

However, I disagree that frightening Trumpers is a good idea. I think it's the best path to escalating unrest.

Re: And this is where we'll have to disagree

Jan 4, 2021, 4:02 PM [ in reply to And this is where we'll have to disagree ]

Yes comrade. We must put him in the Gulag to bring fear to his supporters. He must be silenced. No, no - no trial comrade. We use Cheka.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree wholeheartedly with this approach.

Jan 4, 2021, 3:07 PM [ in reply to FBI decided there wasn't enough to prosecute Hillary. ]

Let state and local actions play out but keep the DOJ and Biden Admin out of it. No need to provide free fuel to the Trump train as it departs DC.

However, I do not apply the same rationale to his cronies and underlings in his Admin who may have been party to or helped facilitate illegalities. America did not vote for nor elect them. Even if directed by the POTUS, they should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law if laws in fact have been broken. Trump's base doesn't give a lick about anybody else but Herr Donald (as does Trump himself). Let those chips fall where they may, and serve as the proper warning for those serving a POTUS in the future.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: it was already set when we didnt prosecute

Jan 4, 2021, 11:39 AM [ in reply to it was already set when we didnt prosecute ]

Lordy. Ivanka did the exact same thing. Repeatedly.

Nary a peep from you guys.

Can you link me to the phonecall in its entirety?

Jan 4, 2021, 8:35 AM

"I'm notifying you that you are letting it happen..." is blackmail?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8hwCwuXXOc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUt99wNcvyc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=df7wFcm0iGw

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Can you link me to the phonecall in its entirety?

Jan 4, 2021, 8:38 AM

https://www.nbcnews.com/video/full-phone-call-trump-pressures-georgia-secretary-of-state-to-recount-election-votes-98732101751

I'll listen to it this afternoon.

Jan 4, 2021, 8:46 AM

Have you listened to the entire call yet?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'll listen to it this afternoon.

Jan 4, 2021, 9:43 AM

I stuck with just the damning parts. The parts where he begged for them to give him 11,000+ votes, the parts where he made wild claims of fraud only to be shut down, and the parts where he threatened them.

I won't deliberate on an edited video or audio.

Jan 4, 2021, 3:15 PM

We've seen way too many 'murdered,' by cops only to discover the truth weeks or months later when the entire story was told. Jessy Smellit, comes to mind.

That seems to be the new tactic out of your crowd now, huh?

Jan 4, 2021, 3:45 PM

When someone gives you evidence or information, y'all start screaming "Jussie!" as if that incident has anything remotely to do with this case (it doesn't, nor does it have anything to do with ANYTHING). Which fringe right wing media source has been pushing that narrative lately?

Listen to the whole audio. It's been made very clear nothing is doctored or edited. It's damning, it's sad, and it's desperate. It's also criminal.

lol

Jan 4, 2021, 9:17 AM [ in reply to Can you link me to the phonecall in its entirety? ]

Do you have a Rasmussen poll to back these videos up?

https://apnews.com/article/ap-fact-check-donald-trump-georgia-elections-atlanta-c23d10e5299e14daee6109885f7dafa9

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Haha those videos show nothing***

Jan 4, 2021, 11:29 AM [ in reply to Can you link me to the phonecall in its entirety? ]

I'm not sure if what he did was illegal or not...

Jan 4, 2021, 10:54 AM

if it was, then he should be brought up on charges, no doubt.

For sure, the contents of that phone call were, at best, very disturbing on many levels. I'm ready to put this nightmare behind us. It is really scary that so many people I would regard as "smart" or "educated" are falling for all of his BS. Some people have just lost all sense of reality. I really don't get it.

The state-level republicans that stood up to him need more positive recognition.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's shocking how many people I looked up to

Jan 4, 2021, 10:59 AM

and thought were really smart/sharp have fallen hook, line, and sinker for crazy conspiracy theories that are passed along by cropped text obviously from an iPhone notepad app.

I like your funny words magic man

You all wanting to just throw

Jan 4, 2021, 10:55 AM

people in prison is funny.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh, no... but maybe Epstein's cell while awaiting trial...***

Jan 4, 2021, 11:15 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I just want to throw one person in there.***

Jan 4, 2021, 11:30 AM [ in reply to You all wanting to just throw ]

Re: For the good of America, Trump has to be prosecuted...

Jan 4, 2021, 12:02 PM

Cat,

I felt exactly the same way about the "perfect call" with the President of Ukraine.

Jan 4, 2021, 12:22 PM

Prosecute this guy and you'll surely have a civil war on your hands!

Ah yes, that civil war that keeps getting promised.

Jan 4, 2021, 2:07 PM

I've been wondering when it will kick off.

If Trump got prosecuted, there would not be civil war. Just angry Trumpies having to sit at home and take it soundly in the face.

Bring it, you impotent wannabes***

Jan 4, 2021, 4:05 PM [ in reply to Re: For the good of America, Trump has to be prosecuted... ]

Jan 4, 2021, 8:27 PM [ in reply to Re: For the good of America, Trump has to be prosecuted... ]

I' afraid old farts that can't go 3 days without their heart medication will not do well in this battle scenario. Heck, we can kill off half of your troops by bombing the insulin factory.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I bet LBJ had LOTS of calls like that

Jan 4, 2021, 12:36 PM

not necessarily about election vote counting but extorting illegal behavior

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Probably how he passed the Civil Rights Act.***

Jan 4, 2021, 2:11 PM

Replies: 37
| visibility 1,070
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic