Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football this Fall ??
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 3,479

Football this Fall ??

Jun 23, 2020, 2:57 PM

I'm starting to make peace with the idea that College Football isn't going to happen this Fall. I would love to see the offense clicking this year, with ETN showing out and TL with his best command of the offense yet, but it's looking less and less likely due to the myriad of factors. If there's no football, do you think ETN, TL and others will move on to the pros, or do you think they'll stick around for next season?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football this Fall ??

Jun 23, 2020, 3:07 PM

Too much $$$ involved. No way they don’t play.

Jun 23, 2020, 3:20 PM

It will be different but there will be Football

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 23, 2020, 3:21 PM

If it is played, people need to come to terms with how much different it would be...especially at Clemson. Examples - IPTAY ticket holders get 7 games worth of tickets each season typically, right? During this pandemic, they may be relegated to 3-4 games. Fans would be on a rotating schedule. Top Tier IPTAY gets 1st choice which games, then trickle down. Every family would be separated and masks mandatory. No Tiger Walk, no gathering at the Paw. The Hill may be off limits or marked off into sections to enforce distancing. No visiting school ticket packages. Free up more seats for home fans and keep virus from spreading from city to city in season. Parking in every other spot for distancing. I'm sure a program like Clemson would offset some of the inconvenience with some nice options like jumbotrons to watch the game, maybe opening up Riggs, DK and LittleJohn to distanced crowds to watch the game on campus. No

Before you unload on me, am I saying that is how I WANT it to be? Absolutely not. But just saying things like that may be required to even attempt a season. I would rather have a season and have to see more games on TV than to have no season at all.

Jun 23, 2020, 4:00 PM

That's the other thing I've been trying to wrap my head around, just how different things could be. I think everything you mention is possible and well thought out. I would imagine time getting in and out of the stadium would be a lot longer too, even with fewer overall in attendance. Concessions and restrooms will be a big point of concern, and the restrooms in particular could be a deal-breaker.

Your post reminds me of Tommy Bowden's sideline

Jun 23, 2020, 3:25 PM

lip quivering.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

I thought it was a question from that hack Corncoot.***

Jun 24, 2020, 11:54 AM

I believe that in my heart of hearts.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: Football this Fall ??- praying we to play and get

Jun 23, 2020, 3:29 PM

the opportunity to tow Swoffs car away again. YOu cant beat winning football and getting to do that

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 23, 2020, 3:31 PM

For the record, I do not agree with your premise. I believe there will be college football this year and Clemson will with the National Championship against Alabama. That being said, in response to your question, there is no way TL and ETN return for another season if, this one is cancelled. ETN will be chosen in the 1st round of the NFL draft and TL will be the number one pick. Both would be foolish to turn down that money for another shot at college football. I, for one, would hate to see them miss out but would support their decision. The kind of money they are going to make will change their lives and that of their children and grandchildren. Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 23, 2020, 4:03 PM

"if, this one is cancelled. ETN will be chosen in the 1st round of the NFL draft and TL will be the number one pick. Both would be foolish to turn down that money for another shot at college football. I, for one, would hate to see them miss out but would support their decision. The kind of money they are going to make will change their lives and that of their children and grandchildren. Go Tigers! "

??

Just line em up on Bowman Field & let it rip!

Jun 23, 2020, 4:21 PM

Open air, view from cars..1st come 1st served!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 24, 2020, 9:37 AM

Doubt we have it too at this stage. People won't wear masks, wash hands enough, and take it seriously. This season is done.

Jun 24, 2020, 6:30 PM

Should just go full bore! If you are in the risk category you stay home and give them to family/friends that can and want to go! Masks and temp check at gates required! Rallies / Protests no different!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 3,479
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic