Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Recruiting 2 cents
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 2,083

Football Recruiting 2 cents

Jun 22, 2018, 3:04 PM

I see so many pointing out the fact that we haven't had a lot of 5 stars compared to last cycle. A big factor being that we have 25 scholarships and a lot more offers out there, plus we now have those 5 stars from 2018 sitting in front of players rated as 5 stars for the 2019 class. This is the most scholarships Dabo has been able to give since he's been at Clemson and he's going to add a LOT of depth just like we need at a lot of places. For those of you that don't know being a 3* guy who hasn't camped is a very big deal, that means you haven't tried to get noticed and you've been noticed. When schools like Alabama, ND, Texas, Auburn, OU etc have offered a 2-3 star guy we have committed it's not because he's a 2 or 3 star guy it's because they know he offers a lot more. Worrying about summer rankings before their senior season starts is like saying the half time score matters more than at the end of the 4th quarter. Lots of our 3 star commits have played football 1-2 years. If they are in the top 500 with 1 year of experience out of the over 1 million high school football players in the country I think there's something to be said to that. ETN, Mike Williams, Nuk, all ranked 91 our average this year is around 88 per player. Nuk was the 11th best receiver in SC, MW7 was the 37th best WR that cycle. Both have proved the coaches new more than the stars did. No need to panic, Baker Mayfield was a low 3 star with no offers and turned out pretty well. Coaches personal evaluations mean more than a recruiting site catering to thousands of players and picking a place for them in their numbers off of a 1 minute highlight reel or their size.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Recruiting 2 cents

Jun 22, 2018, 6:39 PM

Thank you, thank you, thank you for that post. People seem to forget that both Grady Jarrett and Vic Beasley were 3 star recruits. I wish those naysayers would learn to trust this coaching staff and their ability to develop players.

Jun 22, 2018, 8:55 PM

At this point in Dabo’s tenure at Clemson I don’t see why anyone would question why we offer someone based solely on his recruiting rankings. The man knows what he’s doing and him and his staff know how to evaluate talent. I’m sure some of these young men will end up getting a bump in the rankings once people catch on to who they are and what kind of talent they possess. Sure it’s flashy to get all kinds of 4 & 5 star commits, but in reality a lot of those guys want to be “the guy.” Dabo has clearly stated he only pursues talented young men who are of high character.

Jun 22, 2018, 9:03 PM

So what you're saying is that our three stars are better than GT's three stars and we won't have any problem competing for the national championship

Lol. who cares

Jun 22, 2018, 9:05 PM

The people freaking out would be freaking out even if all the recruits were 5 star.

People will freak out ray. People will freak out.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Replies: 4
| visibility 2,083
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic