Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Florida COVID-19
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 1

Florida COVID-19

Jul 16, 2020, 2:01 PM

Not sure if this has been posted or not, and not trying to stir up anything - "just the facts, ma'm: BUT:

Here in FLA COVID cases could be 10x lower than reported due to (insert theory here as to why) erroneous reporting. Like some labs reporting 100% positive tests when the real number was like 8%.

As Sgt. Schultz said (and I'm sure most here are too young to know the reference) " Very interesting ..."

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Florida COVID-19

Jul 16, 2020, 2:04 PM

and yes his most famous line was "I know nuthink ..."

Jul 16, 2020, 2:06 PM

1 lab reported 100% and saw their error and came out with the actual stat. Its not symbolic of anything.

Jul 16, 2020, 2:11 PM

More than one lab had false reports, it’s the same all over the country. However no matter what is reported a lot of people still want nothing but the worst and won’t be happy until everyone is living underground for 2 or 3 years.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 16, 2020, 7:45 PM

https://youtu.be/chbalQQbU9g

The article I read, from a Florida new channel,

Jul 16, 2020, 2:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Florida COVID-19 ]

Said it was as many as 33 labs. One reported 98% positive, when it was supposed to be 9.8% positive. One lab making a mistake is very feasible. Two labs, possible. 33 labs - something ain't right.

Hopefully they aren't using punch tabs to total the test results! Don't need a repeat of hanging and pregnant chads!!

Re: The article I read, from a Florida new channel,

Jul 16, 2020, 2:27 PM

The old ‘slide the decimal’ trick... works every times its tried.

Just ask the Pentagon...***

Jul 16, 2020, 10:36 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I expect this “conspiracy theory” from the fringe alt extreme right to be

Jul 22, 2020, 2:38 PM [ in reply to The article I read, from a Florida new channel, ]

thoroughly debunked by unbiased “fact checkers” any second now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jul 16, 2020, 3:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Florida COVID-19 ]

Wrong, as usual.

There are none so blind, as those who will not see

Jul 22, 2020, 8:39 AM [ in reply to Re: Florida COVID-19 ]

https://www.mysuncoast.com/2020/07/19/concerns-arise-some-receive-positive-covid-results-never-got-tested/

Re: There are none so blind, as those who will not see

Jul 22, 2020, 1:53 PM

I understand how this can happen if someone gets out of line. McDonalds screws up all the time for the same reason.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Wrong.***

Jul 23, 2020, 1:20 AM [ in reply to Re: Florida COVID-19 ]

Jul 16, 2020, 2:06 PM

GWPTiger® Is not gonna like this

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 16, 2020, 2:25 PM

Yep...it is on the wrong board!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The sound of him calling the OP . . .

Jul 16, 2020, 2:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Florida COVID-19 ]

a "MORAN" is echoing in my ears . . . Thanks BbO!!!

It's like a song you get stuck in your head . . .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

People woefully underestimate

Jul 16, 2020, 2:07 PM

The effects of Trump derangement syndrome and what it does to people of influence in an election year

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: People woefully underestimate

Jul 16, 2020, 2:09 PM

TDS is what you suffer from if you believe that.

Jul 16, 2020, 2:21 PM

what is it with Fla? It is always the place where weird stuff happens. If it is bizzare it originates in fla

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

your answer is obvious...

Jul 16, 2020, 2:28 PM

The Bermuda Triangle.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 16, 2020, 2:46 PM

I think most of the numbers put out there regarding Covid should be taken with a grain of salt. There is a lot of variance between localities (and countries) on what ‘counts’ and what doesn’t, particularly when looking at hospitalization and death numbers (i.e. hospitalizations and deaths unrelated to covid, but still getting positive tests). While there is almost certainly some intentional fudging for whatever reason here or there, most is simply due the mass volume of data coming through and reported without any verification or validation. It will take some time when all is said and done to get a real grip on what the true data shows. The good news is all indicators point to the fact that this thing is much less deadly than originally suspected (or is becoming so) and way more people have it than test rates indicate. Hopefully this virus doesn't mutate for the worse and we are well on our way to reaching herd immunity.

Antibodies will be quite the surprise...

Jul 16, 2020, 2:52 PM

I was finally able to give blood the other day...appointments fill rapidly these days. They're 'generally' running antibody tests on donations, so in a week or so, I'll know if my diligence and 'safety-first' measures have worked. ;)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feel free to read every word of this.

Jul 16, 2020, 2:52 PM

Or just keep spouting nonsense. Your choice.

https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/conspiracy-theorists-and-virus-deniers-amplify-and-distort-minor-data-error/2262792/

Re: Feel free to read every word of this.

Jul 16, 2020, 3:13 PM

I'll take the nonsense any day.

Jul 16, 2020, 3:19 PM [ in reply to Feel free to read every word of this. ]

Ahh another negative stir up from Tony Pipitone . He is Florida’s version of Cornflakes and Carlsbad . Nothing to be positive about on the virus, all doom and gloom. All 3 cant get happy about any good news or a positive statement.

Doom and gloom?

Jul 16, 2020, 3:43 PM

If it's the truth, who cares?

And you're right. Florida is fine...perfectly fine I tell you. Nothing bad happening in that state at all. All the reporting? LIES!! Desantis? The ONLY truth teller. The numbers of cases and deaths published by multiple health organizations hourly across multiple platforms? A CONSPIRACY!! Johns Hopkins? LIBTARDS!!

You got it all figured out, man.

Jul 16, 2020, 3:36 PM [ in reply to Feel free to read every word of this. ]

Pretty sure if dozens of Florida labs were dramatically under counting their positive percentages that the left wing kooks of the world would be having a field day with all of their evil lying Republicans taking points. However when its dozens of labs overstating their positive percentages it gets downplayed as "nothing to see here". Guess you can add accurate covid reporting to the things the left only pretends to care about in order to gain power. You know like the Constitution, being against racism, metoo, poor people, violence in the streets, not murdering cops, etc.

Jul 16, 2020, 3:49 PM

NC should you be out in the daylight?

they are investigating it

Jul 22, 2020, 4:18 PM [ in reply to Feel free to read every word of this. ]

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2020/07/22/gov-desantis-orders-investigation-of-reports-that-people-who-did-not-take-a-covid-19-test-are-listed-as-testing-positive/

its rather funny how the same people who pushed trump was a russian agent for years call everything else a conspiracy theory ..talking about the headline of the article you posted not you yourself

Jul 16, 2020, 2:55 PM

Maybe Artie Johnson on Laugh-in?

Jul 16, 2020, 3:36 PM

Again this is how internet rumors get started. The count of positive cases is not in question; so no the # of case in FL is not overstated by 10X. What is overstated is the rate of positive tests i.e.
(count of positive tests)/(count of total tests).
Many labs failed to report the negative tests so denominators is understated and the ratio is overstated.

No one has called into question the actual count of positive test results

Jul 16, 2020, 4:59 PM

Well if they can mess up on 98% positive with 9.4% I'm pretty sure they can mess up on counting as it isn't a decimal issue as stated or it would have been 94%. Hell they cant even count ballots correctly at times. Get the taxes right tho.

Jul 16, 2020, 5:32 PM

The positive tests weren't incorrectly reported. The labs weren't turning in the negative tests which was making the rate of positive tests 100%. I read that they usually only have to report positive tests for other diseases such as HIV which is the reported reason for not reporting the negative tests.

I don't think you're understanding correctly.

Jul 16, 2020, 6:38 PM

There are numerous labs all over the country who are not correctly counting positives. In some of the Florida cases they reported 98% when it was actually 9.8%? That's minor to you? It wasn't just one lab. Yes, there are labs failing to report negatives, which obviously greatly inflates the rate of positive testing, but that os far fr the issue.

There are documentesld data entry errors, among them instances where a decimal point was moved. There are instances of people getting counted for two positives tests, when in fact its actually the same case of the virus. There are people getting counted towards the fatality rate, regardless of cause of death, when the deceased person test positive at the time of death. There are too many data errors toneven count, including positive test results for people who never took the test. You call these things "minor' without justification or even obviously a clear understanding, while I call these issues MAJOR issues that must all be considered as a whole, especially to those of you who want to lean of "positive" cases as a means to fear monger and promote the panic narrative. I'm thinking you're the type who is blaming Trump for death and the recesssd economy at the same time. Heck, I bet you blame Trump for this WORLDWIDE PANDEMIC, when in reality the US has handled the pandemic as good as or better than everyone in the entire world. I'm sure you were at the forefront telling the world to shut down in January... yeah right lol. You more likely were calling Trump a xenophobe for taking steps to block the source of the virus (China), weren't you? You wanted to throw a party in Chinatown with Nancy, huh?

The biggest issue in positive tests is that the U.S. is that we're testing a far higher quantity of people than at any point during the pandemic. You reckon that could be a reason for the increase in positives? Just maybe? Did you know the U.S. has tested 4x the number of people than any other country? Could that impact the qty of positives? Ya think?

Meanwhile, the fatality rate is going down nationwide. Now, with you clearly being a promoter of negative and false narratives, I'm sure you're hoping the death rate will increase as a lag, just so you and those like you can say, "I told you so!". Unfortunately for you and other doomseekers is that the average age in the group showing positives nationwide is 31. The death rate from this category is actually lower than the national average! Looks like the fatality rate will continue to go down, much to your chagrin.

Newsflash! People will catch this virus, in fact, a relatively high number of people will catch the virus. Slowing it down will not eradicate it. In fact, it will save nothing unless the intention is to shut dwon and cancel everything until a vaccine. That could be 6 months or 6 years. The country and the world cannot pause their economies and social fabrics for that long.

I don't know why some people are so hellbent on fear mongering and painting with a broad negative brush, but it's bad for everyone. There are positives - the fatality rate has gone down SIGNIFICANTLY while states are increasingly moving forward woth opening plans. The rest of the world (where applicable) had sent their kids back to school, with nary a newsworthy event or issue.

What about those that didn't get counted or tested...?

Jul 16, 2020, 10:46 PM

Look at the hospitalizations and the death rates... Get a clue.

As to "handling this pandemic", get your head out of T-Rump's rump.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What do you mean by "those not counted or tested"??

Jul 17, 2020, 7:42 PM

And what about hospitalizations and deaths? What are you saying I need a clue about?

What are you suggesting we do - shelter in place, no economy, no work, no school, no socializing, including Walmart, grocery stores, church, or protests? Zero human interaction? Because that's the only way to possibly hope it will just go away. Can you not see all of that is more harming to the world as we know it? And by the way, going to Walmart or the grocery store or whatever public places you go to, with a mask, is not going to eradicate the virus.

And why are you trying to make this political? Its got nothing to do with "feelings" towards the president, but he has handled it as well as humanly possible. What was your idea? Shut everything down in January and keep it down until a vaccine? That would be death to America and affect an exponentially higher amount of people, no? Again, do you recall that segment of the country who called him a racist and a xenophobe for taking steps to prevent incoming virus? Was that you? And nobody, right or left, would have supported shutting everything down in January and February. I distinctly recall how even when we did shut down nobody expected it to last as long as it did. My company shut down on a Friday with a universal expectation to be back to work the next week. It was jokingly being called, "the beer virus". NOBODY IN THE WORLD except for China knew of the transmission rate. Nobody in the world thought to shut down the world prior to when we did. To act as if we were delayed in taking action is a false narrative.

So tell me in your own words how you think Trump handled it poorly. Are you one of those illogical thinkers who blame him for a worldwide spread of COVID and the state of the economy all at once?

You cannot possibly think being STRICTLY shut in homes and canceling the economy, schools, and work until a vaccine is proven is a feasible idea, can you?

You can't teach the stupid... That blew right by them.***

Jul 16, 2020, 10:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Florida COVID-19 ]

Jul 16, 2020, 9:43 PM
81785.jpeg(117.0 K)

This is happening everywhere - attached from Texas.

Jul 16, 2020, 10:59 PM

Stick your head in the sand but Ron DeSantis is the biggest buffoon in the United States of America occupying a governor's office. He is an absolute disgrace. The only reason he got elected was running as a Trump clone.

He is in so far over his head and it's on full display.

Deny deny deny all you want. If the facts don't fit whatever it is you prefer to believe, change the facts or find "alternative facts".

Threads like this make me think our country is doomed.

USA has 5% of the global population but 25% of C-19 deaths. So who is the #### country now?

Make America Great Again or Make America ####?

Yeah, and I'm sure China and numerous other countries

Jul 17, 2020, 7:46 PM

are reporting deaths in the same way we are. I mean, to hear China tell it they've conquered the virus even though their economy has been up and running since March.

Jul 18, 2020, 12:07 AM

Several labs are reporting 70+% positive.

But, here is the rest of the story. All of them are very small. Most have tested less than 10 people. There are a few that have tested 500 and have a high positive rate. The largest lab has tested less than 1000 people.

Put that in perspective. There have been 3,500,000 tests. All the large labs are very consistent with 10-15% being the range.

We have a positivity scoring of just over 11% for the state.

Apparently, one Orlando TV station decided to cherry pick the 1000+ sites that have tested and pick a few with high positive percents and then run with the story to imply all the stats in Florida are bogus.

Replies: 40
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic