Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Fleecing of the unc sheep
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Fleecing of the unc sheep

Aug 17, 2020, 9:16 PM

Gather 30,000 college students, and YES, there are gonna be positives..

To go all virtual after ONE week appears almost criminal or at the very least incredibly negligent on the part of administrators who have collected the tuition.

My daughter is headed to Clemson as a freshman. If they go for a week and then all virtual, I will ask for a refund. I will be denied, but I have no misunderstandings that many will test positive once everybody reconvenes in tiger town.

I never will understand how the BIG 10 and places like UNC are making decisions. If it’s on the numbers, then let it be Based on the numbers.. create a published plan of X number of positives, of X percent of those tested, or some other metric for these public institutions. What many are doing now is like rushing into a war, then immediate turning and running and being surprised that the enemy is shooting at you.

Good grief.

I posted earlier that football season is getting achingly close... I am hopeful that it will not end in heart break!!

Go tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I guess you haven't heard. Clemson classes are ALL online

Aug 17, 2020, 9:38 PM

for AT LEAST the first month.

Re: I guess you haven't heard. Clemson classes are ALL online

Aug 17, 2020, 9:53 PM

I have. (My child is ticked that she can’t go in class on Wednesday). I think that’s it’s a sound decision. But if they show up in mid September and then shut down After five days, i will very much question that decision and reserve the right to be ticked myself!!

Re: Fleecing of the unc sheep

Aug 17, 2020, 10:18 PM

My son is a Soph at UNC and I am glad they gave it the "ole college try." Not gonna ask for a refund because the school is a valuable state resource and I am a resident of said state. They, like my beloved Clemson, are working their ##### off to make the best of a crappy situation.

Incidentally, my Soph son dodged Covid this summer when his friends got it, but told me Friday that he felt bad and suspected he had it. He informed us today that he tested positive. We live 2.5 hours away. Not a fun time, especially for Mrs. 8992Tiger. I hope all y'all and your young'uns stay safe!

Aug 17, 2020, 10:29 PM

These are difficult times with no easy answers. Hope your son recovers quickly.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 18, 2020, 6:16 AM

Indeed it is difficult. People sitting on the sidelines criticizing schools for whatever decision they make is a bit frustrating. This is not easy for anyone.

Likewise, best wishes on son recovering from a mild case

Aug 17, 2020, 11:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Fleecing of the unc sheep ]

As someone with a twenty yr old son with friends at UNC, I'd be interested to know if the kids are getting sick in class, the dorms, the frats/sororities, restaurants/bars?

My perhaps unwarranted take is the young men and ladies are getting sick outside of the classroom ... be interesting to hear your son's take.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Logical assumption?***

Aug 17, 2020, 11:53 PM

Re: Likewise, best wishes on son recovering from a mild case

Aug 18, 2020, 12:12 AM [ in reply to Likewise, best wishes on son recovering from a mild case ]

My son is a freshman at UNC. Almost all classes were already online. He says most people seem to think it is getting spread at off campus parties.

Aug 18, 2020, 12:38 AM

daughter just graduated few months ago and we know lots of students going now. it’s the parties. they were warned countless times to stop but frats kept it up and off campus apartments. first night back, friends daughter and roommates had agreement to be covid responsible. she came back to apartment and there were 35-40 in her apartment. she left immediately. two who attended had covid and now her three roommates all are positive. it will absolutely cause issues with sports being played. apparently they think if they go ahead and contract virus, they can party sooner. none thinking about future consequences.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Aug 18, 2020, 6:14 AM [ in reply to Re: Likewise, best wishes on son recovering from a mild case ]

All of my son's classes were on-line except an ensemble. Now even that is on-line. I agree; the spread likely came outside of class. I suppose the university knows it has few levers to pull other than shutting classes and dorms down. They obviously have no justification off campus.

Aug 18, 2020, 12:18 PM [ in reply to Likewise, best wishes on son recovering from a mild case ]

Couple of clusters have been frat houses.

No one is social distancing as you'd expect from college kids.

I think college is going to stay this way until people accept that virus numbers will spike and almost all will recover.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh noes. Your son is a tarhole. I think we have a specific

Aug 18, 2020, 2:29 AM [ in reply to Re: Fleecing of the unc sheep ]

Forum for that ????

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 18, 2020, 8:39 AM

Sounds more like a goat roping to me.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic