Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Five Dollar Foot Long
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Five Dollar Foot Long

Jul 20, 2020, 10:52 PM

Gotta be 10-12 years ago Subway started that campaign. Five dollars 10 years ago is the same today??? I think we are on the losing end on the quality side of it?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Five Dollar Foot Long

Jul 20, 2020, 11:12 PM

I remember a few years ago they would "double the meat" for an extra buck. Quality often depends on how you treat and speak with the person making your sandwich while he/she's building it. A "Footlong" hasn't been five bucks for a very long time.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Got one today..$8. A six inch cost more than $5.***

Jul 21, 2020, 12:38 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It killed many stores, especially in cities

Jul 21, 2020, 2:24 AM

Subway was real loose with where and how many franchises could open about 10-15 years ago. Basically they were fairly cheap to acquire and you could open one anywhere. So you would have stores a block from each other i competing for customers. At one point Subway made it optional bc it was not profitable, but stores with more money kept the deal as to try to drive out the other stores. So, the other stores basically had to keep the deal to survive. Eventually it imploded and Subway closed a ton of stores.

Re: It killed many stores, especially in cities

Jul 21, 2020, 12:06 PM

I read a few years ago that subway was practically forcing franchise owners to open multiple stores.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Have to buy 2 this time around

Jul 21, 2020, 4:46 AM

and the commercials say you have to purchase through their app to get that deal. That's probably just a way to get your data, I'm sure.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Have to buy 2 this time around

Jul 21, 2020, 6:40 AM

They have a lawsuit against them because their foot long is on eleven inches.

subway is awful.. I would go with Jersey Mikes or

Jul 21, 2020, 6:51 AM

Jimmy Johns every time over that.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I love this place, I've got a spot already picked out where I want 'em to put me when I die - up there on that ole hill near the stadium. I want to be there so I can hear all them people cheering my Tigers on Saturdays; then I won't have to go Heaven; I'll already be there."- Frank Howard

Re: subway is awful.. I would go with Jersey Mikes or

Jul 21, 2020, 8:00 AM

I will agree with the Subway awful comment, I've eaten at a Subway twice since they open in the early 1980's in Columbia. I thought that their Subs was anorexic for the price, and they could have been called a bread sandwich!!!;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: subway is awful.. I would go with Jersey Mikes or

Jul 21, 2020, 12:04 PM [ in reply to subway is awful.. I would go with Jersey Mikes or ]

Jimmy Johns every time over that.

Nah... Jimmy John's be too skimpy on the amount of meat they put on their sandwiches imho.. And never had jersey mike's...

Publix subs blows every sub out the water imho...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I worked for a company that owned six stores in the

Jul 21, 2020, 7:16 AM

Charlotte area. I was over all six stores and enjoyed working with the owners. BUT, it was the worst job of my life. Ninety minute drive both ways, depending on traffic, and dealing with the public is awful. We can be total jerks to the people working "behind the glass". A lot of the people were great but some, WOW!!!!

I still enjoy a good Subway sandwich. The store in Chesterfield is well ran and the food seems to taste better than at others. I still want to try their BBQ Rib sandwich. If it is as good as the McRib, watch out!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I worked for a company that owned six stores in the

Jul 21, 2020, 9:59 AM

You’re a better man that I MyFavO. No way I could deal with the public. I get annoyed in restaurants with customers that treat the staff
Like dirt. I think some people feel it is their right.

Ole Subway. I saw the five dollar foot long commercial and it stuck in my head. I didn’t realize there were additional stipulations as Owens pointed out which makes sense. It also makes sense it helped close a lot of stores years ago...

Re: Five Dollar Foot Long

Jul 21, 2020, 10:23 AM

Publix subs are the best....loaded with meat, fresh bread, and bout the same cost. Just hard to remember it at mealtime as a short order place.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic