Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
First Impressions:
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

First Impressions:

Dec 7, 2020, 3:28 PM

Just watched most of Shane Beamer's introductory presser. I have to say, first impression is that of a highly personable, humble young man, definitely an upgrade to Moistcramps in that regard. For a fanbase that is so desperately hoping for a winner, not much doubt he certainly won the press conference. And don't laugh, that is not always the case with a new coach. We shall see if he can get the Jimmys and Joes, and coach the X's and O's. He does at least sound refreshingly different than what they have had in their last THREE hires, at least.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: First Impressions:

Dec 7, 2020, 3:33 PM

The Beamers reacting to the news that Shane was "chosen"

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lol. I don't know what the actual situation of that video

Dec 7, 2020, 3:36 PM

was, but it did appear Frank was working very hard to keep from Hurling. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed

Dec 7, 2020, 3:36 PM

I didn't see the presser, but read the ESPN article on him and have read some other things on him. Seems like a good guy. I like what another poster said earlier, that he's not "rebuilding" but he's actually got the opportunity to build a program there, not too unlike what Dabo had, except Beamer doesn't have near as much to build upon - just the landfill that is Columbia, but he knows what to expect there and seems to like it anyway.

He has a lot of work to do, that's for sure. But it sounds like he's a well respected recruiter, if nothing else. Players really seem to like him.

It'll be interesting seeing how he does and a fun one to watch!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He is already reviewing his game plan....

Dec 7, 2020, 4:00 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic