Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Former Clemson RB will transfer to Florida
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

TNET: Former Clemson RB will transfer to Florida

Oct 3, 2020, 1:08 PM

Former Clemson RB will transfer to Florida

Former 5-star prospect and true freshman running back Demarkcus Bowman told Gators Territory that he will transfer to Florida. Bowman informed Clemson's coaches Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

think the in season recruting is bad now

Oct 3, 2020, 1:11 PM

sniping kids to transfer..wait till the paying players gets implemented its going to explode

No surprise

Oct 3, 2020, 1:12 PM

Hope being close to family will help Demarkus & his relatives get through their losses.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Former Clemson RB will transfer to Florida

Oct 3, 2020, 1:15 PM

Oct 3, 2020, 2:50 PM

Well it’s just over a 2 hour drive to Gainesville and 8 1/2 to Clemson. Seems like that is much closer and you can go up and back in a day easily. Best wishes. I think Clemson will be OK.

Is it really?

Oct 3, 2020, 3:00 PM

Oct 3, 2020, 1:18 PM

Fishy? Cant stop it but this is only the beginning. In the new age of college football this will become the normal. Highest bidders will win. Good thing we have resources to play to the new rules if needed.

Oct 3, 2020, 1:32 PM

Ive got some oceanfront property in Arizona who thinks this all just happened out of thin air over the last few days. The Gators have never stepped recruiting him and finally got their man.

Oct 3, 2020, 1:48 PM

It’s good to feel wanted.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Oct 3, 2020, 1:51 PM

I live in his hometown of Lakeland. Could be rumors but word is he was promised playing time and thought ETN would be gone. Either way we will be fine without him. I was wanting to see him develop and play for us though. He's got all the right tools.

First, I’m fairly confident Dabo doesn’t promise anyone playing time.

Oct 3, 2020, 1:58 PM

Maybe that’s what the young man heard, but I doubt it’s what was said.

Second...I just don’t get that thinking. You’re a RB. You don’t need three years of awesome stats to get drafted and RBs get worn down. I would much rather be on a national championship caliber team, with a future first round RB to learn from for a year and a couple years to potentially be the star.

But we’ll see how it goes. I hope he lands somewhere that makes him happy.

null

Re: First, I’m fairly confident Dabo doesn’t promise anyone playing time.

Oct 3, 2020, 2:17 PM

Agreed. Rumors will run rampant. Saw two of his high school games and when he committed to us he carried himself well although decision was unpopular with the locals. I wish him well. He's definitely not doing us like a Mike Bellamy did.

Oct 3, 2020, 4:16 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Former Clemson RB will transfer to Florida ]

Not getting any playing time at Florida this year either.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I got crucified for what most in this thread are saying.

Oct 3, 2020, 2:28 PM

Just saying.

Oct 3, 2020, 2:46 PM

Who is she?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You know Dan Mullen never stopped calling him.

Oct 3, 2020, 2:50 PM

Dirty rotten scoundrel.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What I’ve gathered from all this

Oct 3, 2020, 2:55 PM

He always wanted to go to Florida, but was really close to his grandfather so he came to Clemson so his grandad could see him play. One he died, he felt he had no reason to be here anymore and bolted for the Gators. Clemson was just never where he really wanted to be. It kind of feels like he was just wasting our coaches time.

Maybe that's why we took an extra RB last year

Oct 3, 2020, 2:57 PM

7 scholarship RB is way too many anyways. We usually have 5.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are we at the point at which coaches plan for this

Oct 3, 2020, 4:17 PM

And just consider it part of the cost of doing business? I mean I think that number of scholarship running backs is pretty ridiculously high too- on a surface level analysis. but maybe they purposely overstock knowing that some aren't going to pan out and may transfer if they choose- and that this result – especially at such a critical position- it's preferable to trying to hit the mark right on the nose and then be left out in the cold because somebody makes an unforeseen transfer or has an unforeseen issue or injury. Maybe we overstock at various positions sometimes as an international a hedge.

*INTENTIONAL* hedge . . .lol stupid voice text!

Oct 3, 2020, 4:20 PM

Ha

Re: What I’ve gathered from all this

Oct 3, 2020, 6:09 PM [ in reply to What I’ve gathered from all this ]

That's what he said...??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 3, 2020, 3:43 PM

Figured this was his destination once I heard he had hit the portal. Sad thing is, he missed out on those championship rings.

Oct 3, 2020, 4:17 PM

Thinking the same thing. This year didn't count against eligibility. Even if he knew he was going to transfer to FL, you’d think he would stick the year out to learn from a championship caliber team and coaches and pick up a potential Natty ring. On the flip side, leaving early does fit the family mourning excuse, and increases his odds of not having to sit out a year. Certainly wish him the best and hope he doesn’t live to regret this decision later in life.

Oct 3, 2020, 5:16 PM

Homesick my hanging himmies.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 3, 2020, 5:17 PM

He’s talented, he’ll be ok but he will still have to work for it and learn the offense.

We are loaded at RB with some great guys coming mid-year. Kobe Pace is going to be special too.

5 star kid coming in along with Phill Mafah too.

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Oct 3, 2020, 7:18 PM

Dang, called this Thursday. I said He’d be enrolled at FU by Tuesday.
Wel...

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic