Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
First Fauci and now Bloomberg news
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 3,525

First Fauci and now Bloomberg news

Jun 25, 2020, 7:54 PM

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/colleges-weigh-scrapping-football-season-in-threat-to-a-cash-cow/ar-BB15XkPj

says once one big school says we cant put our students and athletes in danger all the others will follow. Just like all of the other conference cancelled the basketball championships when the little IVY League made their decision.

Lets hope not. But boys and girls, it ain't looking good.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: First Fauci and now Bloomberg news

Jun 25, 2020, 8:07 PM

It's ironic the stubborn lunkheads that resist wearing masks in football crazy states like Texas and Florida may end up being the primary reason CFB 2020 is cancelled.

I agree it is likely the dominoes will fall if a couple of major universities cancel football this year.

If it isn't already a lost cause, the next 4 weeks are a make or break period for fall semester sports.

It's unfortunate our governor in Texas waited until this week to speak out and cede control back to the counties. He's trying to avoid offending the loudest part of his political base. It may end up being a catastrophic blunder.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 25, 2020, 8:19 PM

This is what happens when you protest for a felon. Thanks libcucks.

Jun 26, 2020, 12:01 AM

I guess you haven't noticed there were increases in boatloads of places that did not have protests.

But you'll ignore that because it doesn't fit what you want to believe. Ignorance is bliss. Just blame the "libs" and the media for everything. Never challenge yourself.

Jun 25, 2020, 8:22 PM

People are still getting covid but deaths are down 80-90% from the peak in April. The vast majority of people getting this don't have any symptoms, or only very mild ones and the statistics prove it has little, to no, negative impact on college age and younger indivuals. The idea we won't have football because of this hysteria is silly at this point. Now if deaths start to surge then things could change, but there's a reason the media only harps on positive cases and never talks about deaths.

Jun 25, 2020, 8:37 PM

I keep up with the stats pretty close. 18-25 year olds account for about 30% of the new cases in South Carolina. That’s leaves a big number over 25. Texas and California the percentage of young people is higher. Might have something to do with the states demographics. I don’t know. I just know people are panicking in an election year and politicians will be politicians.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 25, 2020, 8:41 PM [ in reply to Re: First Fauci and now Bloomberg news ]

Seems like a fair assessment to me. I guess someone would get run out of town, but I would like to hear of “real life” experiences from the 23 (or what ever) football players that have/had it.

Jun 25, 2020, 10:55 PM

Here's an article of about an FSU player and his family that actually went through it. I'd like to see a follow up on if there's any other symptoms/drawbacks since then...

https://seminoles.com/boselli-announces-coronavirus-recovery/

Never maskers should read this

Jun 26, 2020, 12:48 AM

Thanks for sharing

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Replies: 8
| visibility 3,525
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic