Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Finebaum takes another shot at Dabo
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

Finebaum takes another shot at Dabo

Aug 8, 2019, 2:38 PM

https://twitter.com/finebaum/status/1159528081683550210?s=20

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is anyone surprised...

Aug 8, 2019, 2:48 PM

that PF is an advocate for participation trophies since he likely never excelled at anything even remotely athletic in his entire life.

This isn't Rec League or Upward where every kid receives an award.

The message here is if you want the ring, don't quit on your team and your fellow players four games into the season.

Someone had a great analogy earlier. If I quit my job in April and that company pays out year end bonuses, they're not going to call me in December asking me to stop-by and pick-up my bonus check.

Anyone who doesn't understand that, we probably don't want or need them at Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Is anyone surprised...

Aug 8, 2019, 5:25 PM

Exactly right BigCUFan. Holy cow - even back when I played middle school football - if I had quit after game 3 or 4 (and one season we DID win all games including the state championship) - I would not have received nor expected any sort of trophy/ring, nor would I have been invited to any celebratory banquet, which we did have - AND - in that year (playing both sides of the ball), I had receptions & tackles in every game. So what? Had I quit after a third of the games, I would not have been invited or welcomed at any post-season function or presentation.

As I suspected, Dabo has not spoken with Bryant since the day he walked out in an infantile huff. But I'd be willing to bet KELLY has tried a few times to contact DABO - - phone, text, email or something. Even if it was just, "Merry Christmas, coach." Dabo's response? ...crickets... And that would be the proper response because of the WAY Bryant left. Storming out crying, then not even a peep before the next day's practice - just a NO-SHOW - and later telling the media, "I felt like it was a slap in the face." (His demotion)

If that boring, arrogant little weirdo PF wants to buy Bryant a ring, then go ahead! DO IT!! But here's info I'm 10,000% certain of: Dabo's recruiting will not be affected one iota by Bryant's not getting a ring from CU/DABO. Quite the opposite. If Dabo were to give Bryant a ring, recruits would say, "THAT coach is CRAZY!"

Most of the replies agreed with Dabo

Aug 8, 2019, 11:11 PM

There were replies from fans of many different schools--even the SEC--who were siding with Dabo.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Haven't really thought about how this could hurt recruiting

Aug 8, 2019, 2:49 PM

We might not get any player that is planning on quitting the team.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Haven't really thought about how this could hurt recruiting

Aug 8, 2019, 4:30 PM

Wait...Alabama had a whole team that quit during the championship game...what are you trying to say? LOL

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And none of them got championship rings either...***

Aug 8, 2019, 5:26 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm starting to love this Finebaum character. May have to

Aug 8, 2019, 2:50 PM

start listening and calling in.

"PAWL, I went to clempsin's practice today and they had Saban dressed up as the tacklin dummy! You aint never seen nuthin lak it in your life PAWL."

Re: Finebaum takes another shot at Dabo

Aug 8, 2019, 2:53 PM

Ole Pauly is just peanut butter and friggin jealous. He hate us 'cause he ain't us. Dabo is takin' Nicks recruits and he's scared of the future.

FPF

Ignore him.

Aug 8, 2019, 3:08 PM

blah blah blah...ratings...blah blah blah

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I listened to XM ESPNU all morning

Aug 8, 2019, 3:10 PM

the "analyst" seemed to think this was a big deal. Every former player and coach said he shouldn't have gotten one.

This is a non issue. This is PF seeing the changing of the guard.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 8, 2019, 3:11 PM

I agree with Dabo whole-heartedly on this. What message does it send to the guys who did play or who WERE on the team and in someway contributed to winning the Natty ‘18? Even though they might not have played a down. Still, they were there, sweating and hurting right there along with the first string. All due respect to KB but he bailed after 4 games & did not look back & I doubt he would have stayed just to get another ring.

Aug 8, 2019, 3:21 PM

I have said a lot of stupid things and continue to do so on a daily basis but I usually attribute that to old age. I wonder what's PF's excuse.

If one doesn't have the grades or credits to graduate, they don't get a diploma. Same reason one doesn't get a championship ring if they are not on the team. That's so simple even I can understand it.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 8, 2019, 3:27 PM

Well Joe he's a Tenn grad and a Bama behind kisser. SO that explains a lot

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So, does Paul Douchebaum think Belk deserves one, too?***

Aug 8, 2019, 3:23 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: So, does Paul Douchebaum think Belk deserves one, too?***

Aug 8, 2019, 3:33 PM

They don’t put Championship rings on smooth hands Paul! He quit paaaaul ??

Aug 8, 2019, 3:33 PM

Aside from this comment being another of Paulie's constant click enhancers, it is interesting to me that anyone has an issue with this and some (PF) can't see that there is a massive difference between an individual deciding to leave the team in pursuit of another (effectively quitting) and someone who cannot be on the team due to health, personnel, financial or other issues.

Seems somewhat hypocritical of Senor Finebowmmm to say this is petty and vindictive for Dabo to do such a thing as not award a ring to someone who voluntarily left the team and school when the status quo for his beloved Bama under-performers or injured players is to be shown the door to open a scholly for the next round

I may be slow, but ....

Aug 8, 2019, 3:44 PM

Why would any sports writer think that a player who left 1/3rd of the way through the season would earn a ring for the season. This is worse than the participation trophy concept!!

I am sure Dabo was responding to a question from a reporter ... and sometimes stupid questions get a snide responses ... If anything, that is all Dabo did. Spoke the truth!!

Aug 8, 2019, 3:52 PM

All the comments on PF’s tweet tell the story. Maybe 1% agree with him. Lots of neutral fans calling him out.

Aug 8, 2019, 4:26 PM

Hey, I have an idea...how about if you absolutely must talk about that idiot, don't put a link to anything that can cause his hits/data/views to go up...that is what he is looking for, and the reason he says such stupid things! Don't make it easier for him to get paid for these idiotic comments! Just say what he said, then let it go. His people are looking at our reaction and the hits he gets, and telling him to keep it up!

I'm one of the few 'defenders' of PF here on the TigerNets

Aug 8, 2019, 4:37 PM

Paul is an entertainer and I consider him harmless. I enjoy - to a degree - witnessing the chaos he causes on this bored.

That being said - very much a d!ck / petty move on his part with the tweet. Backed into a corner by Dabo ... this was a pretty feeble response by Pawl.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 8, 2019, 4:53 PM

" I loved everything about Clemson, the coaches, winning tradition, facilities, academics, the other players just everything. But then I though, if I quit I won't get a ring. So I'm going to 'bamer."

Said no recruit ever.

I don't listen to him, or follow him, but I do enjoy hearing on Tnet what he's up to. Every village needs an idiot, he's college football's idiot. Although he knows how to play to his audience, only 'bamer fans and uofscjr fans put any stock into what he says. He's harmless.

Finebaum is a transparent shill. If he had said that he disagrees,

Aug 8, 2019, 5:08 PM

then he’s a sports commentator. To claim that Dabo is being petty and vindictive to not give a ring to a guy that chose to leave the team after week four is absolutely laughable.

And that’s not to knock KB. I said all along, I support whatever Dabo wants to do. He made a sensible choice.

For the love of all things Orange, people have to start tuning Finebaum out.

null

Aug 8, 2019, 8:17 PM

Been trying to figure out how this would hurt recruiting.

Opposing coach sitting in recruit's living room with said recruit and momma: Now you know son, "when" Clemson wins a championship, if you quit the team, you don't get one of them rings. "If" we happen to win our division one of the years you're here, you get a ring. Even if you're not here no more.

Does Finedumb think Saban would give a player a ring

Aug 8, 2019, 8:33 PM

if he quit after just four games? If Finedumb really thinks that, he is dumber than dirt!!

It's an easy troll topic because there's no right response

Aug 8, 2019, 11:29 PM

No ring - "He (helped) win four games"

Ring - "He left your team before any championships were won, participation trophy, etc"

It's a stupid argument meant to bait people. It's also months old, so it's beating a dead horse

Message was edited by: CUgrad2011®

Clemson

Aug 8, 2019, 11:41 PM

Man what a pathetic excuse of a man who thinks he knows everything about college football.....his world revolves around Bama and his love feast with Nick Saban .....his world is falling in as he knows it and he is not handling it very well.....almost feel sorry for that so called little man called Finebum......Go Tigers!!!!!

Aug 9, 2019, 4:34 AM

QUIT is the Word. Nobody gets rewarded for that period!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 9, 2019, 5:24 AM

PF is just trying to get you to watch / listen to him. Isn't it a call-in show? If so, better yet, he wants you to call in and argue with him.
Quit giving him O2.

Aug 9, 2019, 5:49 AM

Yeah we are really suffering in recruiting. Nice try Paul.

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic