Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Fiesta Bowl Roll Call
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

Fiesta Bowl Roll Call

Dec 19, 2019, 1:35 PM

I got my tickets ??, parking pass , and rental car all lined up ... just debating where to stay. It’s a short drive for me from LA with lots of desert to see along the way.

Who else is going ?

Where did you stay for the last fiesta bowl and/or national championship in Phoenix?

Dang we have been to a lot of playoff games!

Go tigers !

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lucky YOU Hunter!

Dec 19, 2019, 1:42 PM

Never knew a Studio Grip but always smiled when I saw that job handle given next to a person's name in a movie/tv credit.

Did your Clemson education prepare you for the movie/tv industry?

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Lucky YOU Hunter!

Dec 19, 2019, 5:09 PM

Yes Bill, Clemson did prepare me for the industry.

The most significant connection:

I was able to work on the movie “Safety” that was filmed during the UNC Charlotte game. We spent 9 days filming on campus and 2 of those were in Death Valley ?? The crowd reactions were the loudest I’ve heard in my life for the “Clemson Tigers” that ran down the hill at halftime. My cousin was cast as No. 88 and my friend as an assistant coach..

It wasn’t my education though, that landed me on this project. I’ve been proudly sporting the Paw in Los Angeles since 2010...Initially everyone thought Clemson was in Alabama. Several years later I began to receive congratulatory calls from people in LA when we began to tear up the playoffs .. I’ve worked several times in Georgia since then. Sporting the paw was especially fun in Dawg country... When the local grips there heard of “safety” , they called to let me know who was producing it and who the Key grip was .. It was a delight to work on and I had to pinch myself to make sure I wasn’t dreaming ...

Can’t wait to see it ...

Go Tigers

Re: Fiesta Bowl Roll Call

Dec 19, 2019, 1:44 PM

Mrs Noodle and I will be there. Flying in the day of the game and leaving the next morning. Staying at the Hyatt downtown.

For the first game in AZ we stayed in an airBNB in Scottsdale. Very nice since we were there for 4 nights. For the last game we flew in that day and out the next.

I'll be there.

Dec 19, 2019, 1:48 PM

I'll be there. We stayed in one of the less expensive Marriott hotels near the airport both times before but gonna stay near the stadium this time. Can't wait to fly out next week.

Message was edited by: TigerSSR®

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 19, 2019, 1:50 PM

Ugh, I wish. We're still on the fence - every day that passes, I'd say my realistic chances go down. Haven't found a flight combination that works and is reasonable. Beyond that though, we have tix and hotel.

So.. maybe - right now I'm at 40% chance I'd guess.

Team Deserttiger85 will be there in full force!

Dec 19, 2019, 1:51 PM

It's a tough trip from Scottsdale, but I was able to make it happen ;)

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Team Deserttiger85 will be there in full force!

Dec 20, 2019, 11:52 AM

Scottdale ??????????????????????

Dec 19, 2019, 1:52 PM

I'll be there. Flying in Friday, December 27 and out on Sunday, December 29.

Staying at a Hilton property in Avondale, AZ, not too far from State Farm Stadium.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have press credentials.... but not going....

Dec 19, 2019, 2:59 PM

... yes, I'm an idiot. But chose to stay behind because my 8 yr old son is having a procedure and I just can't leave him. But regardless of who plays in the natty, I'll be there for sure!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Re: I have press credentials.... but not going....

Dec 19, 2019, 3:16 PM

Your not an idiot for staying with your son. You’ve got your priorities straight I’d say.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I have press credentials.... but not going....

Dec 19, 2019, 4:59 PM [ in reply to I have press credentials.... but not going.... ]

Yes time well spent ...

If you would like me to cover the game for you I will put those press credentials to good use :)

Dec 19, 2019, 3:17 PM

Six of us staying in Scottsdale. Ready to represent!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 19, 2019, 3:31 PM

Mrs. OrangeNeck and I will be there.We are doing the Anthony travel thing. Sounds like fun. Go Tigers !

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very, very happy- very, very proud.

Count me in

Dec 19, 2019, 5:53 PM

My wife's Christmas present was 3 tickets to the game (me and 2 great friends) including flying my best friend in from Austin, TX. Me, the wife, and kiddos are driving in on the 26th (Also from Los Angeles) staying in Scottsdale and leaving the 29th. Haven't been able to go in years and am so excited to be there!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger Pregame Show and Rhymer's are All In!***

Dec 19, 2019, 5:57 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 19, 2019, 6:07 PM

Wish we could go to Phoenix but we're all in for the Championship in NOLA!

Go Tigers!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 19, 2019, 6:13 PM

Got confirmation last night I'm..All In...

Dec 19, 2019, 6:24 PM

Staying in Scottsdale. In early, out late.

Why a parking pass? They can park 30,000 vehicles in the mall across the street with 40 restaurants. Great place to go on game day and pull for the Sooners before walking across the street.

Dec 20, 2019, 9:28 AM

I like to park close ;) show off the ride :)

I'll be there with Baby bro....we're driving from Charleston

Dec 19, 2019, 9:02 PM

Pray for us...haha.

Where's everyone parking? Orange Lot?

Dec 19, 2019, 9:19 PM

My wife and I fly out on the 26th and return on the 30th. My sister in law lives in Goodyear, so we are staying with them. Got my ticket and have a parking pass in the green zone.

Dec 19, 2019, 9:57 PM

So envious of you! I appreciate all who are going, I hope you have a great time watching, in person, our Tigers throttle the Bucknuts!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm Making a Big Trip of it...

Dec 19, 2019, 11:16 PM

I'm currently living in Denver, and my in-laws are in town from South America. They haven't ever seen the American Southwest so we're making the drive to Phoenix from here...13 hours each way--it could kill me or it could be nice haha. We're going to tour through the Rockies and then Utah, Grand Canyon, etc. We're going to stay at the Arizona Biltmore while we're in Phoenix. It'll probably be the nicest hotel I've ever stayed at haha. On the way back we'll hit up the Painted Desert and Petrified Forest in AZ/NM on our way back to Colorado.

Hopefully the trip will be a lot of fun, but the game still remains the most important part to me haha. Go Tigers!

Dec 19, 2019, 11:37 PM

11 Of us ALL IN, heading to the Desert to cheer, scream (Only on Ohio St. 3rd downs... my Dad gets embarrassed by me when I do nothing but yell during the other teams possessions) and witness another beat down of 0310 St. by the Tigers!!!

Dec 20, 2019, 1:09 AM

In. Just made it in for Christmas in New Mexico at my brothers(also an alum). Road tripping with my Dad and bro on Saturday to the game. I live in Atlanta and was one of the few Tigers who was hoping we didn’t get the Atlanta semi because I couldn’t have made it. Looking forward to a tough game but a better result than the ‘15 Natty my bro and I also went to in Glendale.

Dec 20, 2019, 9:37 AM

With the exception of the final score , the last trip was great! Hiked Camelback and it was covered with Tigers. Stayed in Scottsdale and they were great hosts. Unfortunately after 5 years of this I’m getting light in the wallet. Pull our boys through!

Dec 20, 2019, 11:35 AM

Flying in to Vegas late on the 25th to pick up brother. Head down to Phoenix early Friday do some alumni stuff. Tailgate all day Saturday in orange lot eating rivals mascot. Fly out of Tucson early Monday..

I will be there in Section 209

Dec 20, 2019, 11:41 AM

Wouldn't miss it.

I will be there up in the nose bleeds! Hope this

Dec 20, 2019, 4:48 PM

Game has better ending than in January 2016, the last time I was there.

May I add I’m spending Christmas in New Orleans

Dec 20, 2019, 4:52 PM

Flying to Vegas, driving to Phoenix and staying in Tempe beside Sun Devil Stadium. Going to be a hell of a week.

Re: May I add I’m spending Christmas in New Orleans

Dec 20, 2019, 6:05 PM

####, that’s a wild one! I’m hoping the weather will be nice but as of now they’re saying it’ll likely be cloudy. Things change fast in the desert so I’ll keep my fingers crossed for 70 & sunny

Dec 20, 2019, 6:39 PM

We're in! Staying in Tempe - not sure where we are parking - but parking at the Tanger outlet cost $20 according to their web site: https://www.tangeroutlet.com/glendale/fiestabowl2019_parkingpromo

I’m not going but

Dec 20, 2019, 7:05 PM

I bought my son two tickets for his birthday. He lives in Avondale and his wife has an aunt and uncle who live 1/4 mile from the stadium. So their parking is taken care of. ??

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic