Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Favorite clemson moment
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 41
| visibility 1

Favorite clemson moment

Jan 31, 2017, 9:25 PM

Hey guys, just wanted to start a discussion but what is yalls favorite clemson football moment in game, minus the 2 national titles. Look forward to hearing the answers.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Favorite clemson moment

Jan 31, 2017, 9:27 PM

All of 56-7...that'll never get old.

Jan 31, 2017, 9:31 PM

Should've been 77-7 honestly but, I'll take 56-7 too. ????

The curtain call was priceless.

Jan 31, 2017, 9:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Favorite clemson moment ]

Even better was seeing how the loser coots responded to it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

4th & 16!***

Jan 31, 2017, 9:28 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 4th & 16!***

Jan 31, 2017, 9:30 PM

Probably mine too, started the growth of this foundation

The Catch II, 2000

Jan 31, 2017, 9:33 PM

USuC scored late in the fourth quarter and the dirtpeckers were in high spirits "GAME...####" over and over. We were in LD R on North side. Game looked hopeless.

Danztler's throw was great and right on the mark. Many cluckers cried about a pushoff, but they just don't know football.

A field goal with seconds left and we win!

diretpeckers got quite and the stadium started rocking!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Re: The Catch II, 2000

Jan 31, 2017, 9:35 PM

I was 2 so I couldn't watch in person but everytime I see those hands go up in the vid and I hear "HE HAS IT" I got chills.

It was so cold that night. But what an awesome game.

Jan 31, 2017, 9:36 PM [ in reply to The Catch II, 2000 ]

My first USuC game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2009 FSU. Fun tailgate. Took a friend to his first game

Jan 31, 2017, 9:35 PM

Perfect weather. Oh and of course the ending of that game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21QVv6WA6d8

Re: 2009 FSU. Fun tailgate. Took a friend to his first game

Jan 31, 2017, 9:36 PM

Was at this game and the "We will rock you" was the best memory I've ever had a clemson game besides when I was at the WCU regional game this year and beer cranked the grand slam. But we are talking about football so I'll save baseball

Completely forgot about that. You are correct sir.

Jan 31, 2017, 9:38 PM

Made that game even better. It was just the perfect overall day.

Re: Completely forgot about that. You are correct sir.

Jan 31, 2017, 9:46 PM

And when Richard Jackson finally made an extra point and the place went crazy

Re: 2009 FSU. Fun tailgate. Took a friend to his first game

Jan 31, 2017, 10:40 PM [ in reply to 2009 FSU. Fun tailgate. Took a friend to his first game ]

If I remember correctly was this the game that the goal posts were passed around the upper deck. It was around that time. I was thinking it was 2007 but I remember thinking that was one of the best games I had been to up to that point.

At 33 now and as far back as I can remember I have to say being there with all of my Orange brethren to experience the latest victory in Tampa was something I will never forget.

Looking to the top of the hill before the USC game in 1980

Jan 31, 2017, 9:40 PM

and seeing the orange britches for the first time!

Re: Looking to the top of the hill before the USC game in 1980

Jan 31, 2017, 9:49 PM

Wish I could've been alive for that but it's a good thing we have YouTube.

Re: Favorite clemson moment.....going Old School on you

Jan 31, 2017, 9:40 PM

We were on probation and Maryland was gonna be the 'official' acc championship.

They had Boomer Esiason at QB...it was a brilliant blue day that did NOT help a freshman's hangover.
But we turned loose a gillion balloons setting a guiness record and that helped somewhat.

Then we turned loose an extra large can of whip-a$$ on the turtles.

I don't know if many remember, but the officials could take away timeouts to try and calm the crowd noise. They took away all of our time outs trying to quiet us...LOL. Didn't work.

I so remember Boomer holding up his hands...the Refs pointing at him to just run the play....

They got the acc trophy and they also got a beating ....I think we hung 50+ on them that day.

Go Tigers !!

Jan 31, 2017, 9:53 PM

Very retro but a classic is a classic!

That one is in my top 5 as well. We were sitting on the

Jan 31, 2017, 10:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Favorite clemson moment.....going Old School on you ]

hill giving Boomer crap and I remember him giving us the bird with his hand on the side of his helmet. Blew up a lot of balloons that day as well!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I remember that game!

Jan 31, 2017, 10:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Favorite clemson moment.....going Old School on you ]

the crowd starting chanting bull$hit over and over again real loud at the ref calls!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Remember it well. We seemed to have that affect quite a few times them days. Still think that's why boomer hates us to this day.

Orange britches 80 was pretty special too.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I gotta say, sitting in that

Jan 31, 2017, 9:41 PM

hurricane vs Notre Dame with all the other 80000 Tiger fans was in the top 5 epic experiences. And at 65 at the time, I've been at it a while.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

Re: I gotta say, sitting in that

Jan 31, 2017, 9:54 PM

I must applaud you for sitting through it, I bet that last stop was worth it.

Too Many To Name ----

Jan 31, 2017, 10:00 PM

Beating Georgia when they came to Death Valley and Kirk Herbstreit and Brent Musburger went in deeper details about Clemson's entrance into the stadium at the beginning of the game.

Beating Miami in overtime and beating the
H€££ out them just recently.

Anytime we beat Florida State.

Beating Oklahoma....twice.

Beating Ohio St......twice.

Beating Tennessee when they tried to bully us before the game.

Beating Chickenlina....in a game and in the fight.

Like I said....too many too name

Re: Too Many To Name ----

Jan 31, 2017, 10:06 PM

It's true there are way too many, but any that just stick out above the rest to you?

Jan 31, 2017, 10:22 PM

Probably the win over Georgia. It allowed the world to see us more in depth in Death Valley. So much hype leading up to that game and we showed the world and we showed out on the big stage. Everyone here in Georgia just thought they automatically had a win under their belts because of Gurley. But we stood up to Gurley when it mattered.

So that Georgia game really hits home. My body was so sore the next day from cheering.

Jan 31, 2017, 10:30 PM

Bump for you but that wasn't the first ga w that was sweet. 77 n athens

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Beat the Dawgs early in 81 as well...

Feb 1, 2017, 1:59 AM [ in reply to Re: Too Many To Name ---- ]

...they had just won the NC the year before so that in itself set us on the way to destiny.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 31, 2017, 10:09 PM

Norte Dame stop on 2 pt conversion

Jan 31, 2017, 10:18 PM

It was hype.

Jan 31, 2017, 10:09 PM

My senior year... Charlie Whithurst runs a pump and go to Derrick Hamilton against undefeated FSU to basically seal the deal for the first tiger win in the Bowden Bowl.

Jan 31, 2017, 10:20 PM

Was that 2003? I was only 5 so the only things that stand out is that game, (only remember the big upset and the goal posts going down), the 63-17, and upsetting Tennessee.

Jan 31, 2017, 10:28 PM

My favorite was that 7-6 game tween the hedges. I still have the scar on my leg where that dang hedge cut me. We didn't care because it's the only time I ever got to celebrate with the team in the locker room. We ran into the locker room after the game.

That game was the first bite of the apple for tiger fans and it truly ignited a spark to become what we are today. Am I wrong ole timers?

Jan 31, 2017, 10:34 PM

Thanks for posting this. U on a roll 9898!

Jan 31, 2017, 10:51 PM

Watching the coot fans after the 63-17 game crying in their beer. Beautiful tears and hang-dawg faces. I will never forget that scene.

Jan 31, 2017, 11:05 PM

Sammy Watkins vs Ohio St.

Sammy Watkins vs Maryland (he dominated that game)

Sammy vs FSU in the Valley

DW4 vs usuck on one leg

James Davis and CJ at Georgia Tech

Just to name a few there are so many more

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 1, 2017, 8:18 AM [ in reply to Re: Favorite clemson moment ]

Yes...63-17. SC fans crying, fighting each other, saying they would never go to another SC game again, saying they would no longer support SC football...the list goes on and on.

Jan 31, 2017, 11:02 PM

Watching Watson roll and and hit Hunter in the End Zone to win the National Championship. Was with my sons...and a great Tiger from Pittsburgh (shout out to Johnny). Nothing finer...

Feb 1, 2017, 1:09 AM

This. Final drive in the national title game. Hurts runs it in for the go-ahead score & all I can think is - they left too much time on the clock. DW4, legendary. And how many different guys contributed to that final drive. Standing in those temp stands & watching us drive down the field for the win is the greatest sports memory of my life.

Feb 1, 2017, 1:39 AM

?This. Impossible to top imo. After that, I would have to say Woody taking it in to win against GT in overtime. That kid was my all time favorite until Watson came along. Hard to not love the 4th and 16 also. I was stationed in Japan and got up at 3 am for the game. Woke up half the barracks yelling!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Surprised no one has mentioned The Catch I, 1979 Fuller to Butler

Feb 1, 2017, 4:20 AM

to beat Usuc in Cooterville. I always said, it was like beating them twice in one day! They were crying at halftime, many leaving, as we were up 24-0. Then after their big comeback to go up 27-24, Fuller leads us downfield and delivers the dagger to the coots with the throw to Butler. 31-27.

It was also the first Clemson-Usuc game I took my future wife to, and she started the game a coot, and by the end of the game, she was conveerted! Will always be my favorite non-title game.

Message was edited by: longtallsam®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Coot piggy back ride into the EZ by Mike Williams*****

Feb 1, 2017, 8:20 AM

Replies: 41
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic