Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New look of Tiger hoops next year
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

New look of Tiger hoops next year

Mar 5, 2020, 9:10 AM

I moved on after last night. We have 2 new forwards coming in as freshmen. 2 guards from this year we basically didnt see play. And Baehre coming back from injury. Not sure if there will be any other changes but a fair number of new faces.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fair number of new faces = We will be "young"***

Mar 5, 2020, 9:11 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well last year we were old

Mar 5, 2020, 9:14 AM

that didnt go so well either

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's just it. And nobody seems to get it.

Mar 5, 2020, 9:16 AM

Yes, there will be the occasional big wins. But mostly there will be head-scratching losses to inferior teams, very few NCAA bids, and Coot-like fans who say wait until next (10) year.

Re: That's just it. And nobody seems to get it.

Mar 5, 2020, 11:18 PM

While I believe BB should have been gone years ago, next years team had a chance to be special. Dawes is going to he a star. Throw in Trapp and Newman with their experience. Then we have Honor coming to play Hemenway and Hunter will be improved all around. Jemison has grown this year and Simms is back. Tyson will be back and the young freshman coming in will get in the mix down low.

Re: Fair number of new faces = We will be "young"***

Mar 5, 2020, 11:58 AM [ in reply to Fair number of new faces = We will be "young"*** ]

You should get a job or something, lmao.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New look of Tiger hoops next year

Mar 5, 2020, 10:32 AM

Same coach.

Same results.

Mar 5, 2020, 11:25 AM

EXACTLY!

Mar 5, 2020, 11:01 AM

So you're saying next year is a rebuilding year?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep. The year after next is the one. Except...

Mar 5, 2020, 7:50 PM

we’ll lose Simms.
So...we’ll probably need to rebuild from that.
Oh well...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yep. The year after next is the one. Except...

Mar 5, 2020, 11:19 PM

Simms is only a Junior

Prediction for next 4 yrs with Brad

Mar 5, 2020, 11:30 AM

Every yr, we'll be young
Every yr, there will be a built in excuse.

Every yr, we will start off painfully slow. Lose to crappy teams.
After January 1, the team will finally start to look decent.
Will pick up a few good wins, then turn around and lose to a bad team which negates any progress.
We will finish just above .500 yet again and have a 50/50 chance of missing the NIT.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i see a mix of youth and experience

Mar 5, 2020, 11:52 AM

barring transfers, Tigers will have 7 guys returning who started multiple games (plus Jemison who started once)

if you look at the most common starting 5: Simms, Dawes, Mack, Trapp, & Newman, 4 will be back

i see reason for optimism....all-in-all, next year should be better

The problem next year will be spreading out minutes...

Mar 5, 2020, 12:58 PM

Someone will end up on the bench more than they want too.....
Guys coming back who have played a bunch....but new guys who can play and need minutes...especially in the backcourt.
C. Scott’s minutes will be replaced and upgraded.
Mack has won a few for us...but Tyson and the new frosh will fill that role fine.
It works for FSU to play 10 or 11 or whatever.
We’ll see if we can handle that or not.

Re: The problem next year will be spreading out minutes...

Mar 5, 2020, 6:45 PM

I think Scott's minutes plus more will be much more productive with Nick Honor & Chase Hunter whether he can play point or not.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 5, 2020, 1:11 PM

Reality vs perception has been a problem for Clemson basketball since I graduated in 1973...the truth is Clemson basketball = gamecock football...

Mar 5, 2020, 2:13 PM

Only a chicken would make that comment. That or you're a chicken.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 5, 2020, 2:42 PM

it's just his way of admitting they (uscjr.) sucks in football and that they're really a women's basketball school.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 5, 2020, 3:41 PM

Other comparisons might raise and eyebrow, but no Clemson fan I have ever met would equate anything good or bad to the freaking gamecocks. There is no other explanation than to be a dad-gum dirt ######.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 5, 2020, 3:15 PM [ in reply to Re: New look of Tiger hoops next year ]

Blood, are you afraid of the truth? Since I graduated from Clemson in 1973 that makes me a chicken...that's funny!

Mar 5, 2020, 3:37 PM

Congrats for graduating. So did I and many others here. What makes you a chicken is your chicken attitude, defeatist chicken thoughts and general lack of program knowledge based on your chicken response.

I know Clemson fans that didn’t graduate from Clemson, that put grads to shame in terms of their fan and financial support. Graduating and being a fan are not synonymous.

Again, you’re a chicken.

Mar 5, 2020, 8:05 PM

Stupid freakin response . really stupid.

Mar 5, 2020, 2:24 PM

Without adding a 6'-10" or taller impactive player to what they are otherwise going to have looks like "same old, same old" to me - just more of the same....

Mar 5, 2020, 2:33 PM

We have a true center who has progress but not enough unfortunately but he is ripped

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 5, 2020, 3:42 PM [ in reply to Re: New look of Tiger hoops next year ]

We might be adding two of those so we have that going for us. Baehre might come back healthy and he 6ft 10 with skill supposedly. PJ Hall is the highest rated player we have had in a long time and he is 6ft 9. Thats a huge reason to see improvement.

Mar 5, 2020, 11:21 PM

If Jemison can just get that baby hook working he will be a force. He has improved from last year imo and I believe he will continue to. I'm cautiously excited to see what Hall brings to the table.

Mar 6, 2020, 9:22 AM

I agree. So am I.

We need to start praying now than NONE of the newcomers

Mar 5, 2020, 3:35 PM

suffers a leg injury...

I hope for many new faces on the coaching staff.

Mar 5, 2020, 4:35 PM

Surely wishful thinking.

Mar 5, 2020, 6:51 PM

Dawes, So
Simms, Sr
Newman, Jr
PJ Hall, Fr
Baehre, Jr

Pretty good starting 5. Not to mention Tyson, Trapp, Hemenway, Jemison and Moore off the bench. I fully expect us to be a dangerous team next year

Exactly. If some people here could just suspend

Mar 5, 2020, 10:48 PM

their dislike for Brownell and/or their preconceived notions about our program, they would see that there is plenty of reason for optimism.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Exactly. If some people here could just suspend

Mar 5, 2020, 11:10 PM

Dislike for brownell? I think the hesitation is warranted ... I think some need to understand why ppl feel the way they do when we literally went to the sweet 16 played a great Kansas team down to the wire , lost ONE player , and got beat at home in the first round of the NiT the next year... so yea I think it’s not about disliking or a personal thing... there’s reasons behind it... like iv said I’m not a huge fan of the guy but can also see the optimism for next and fine with it bc I think there’s 0 chance we move on, but I also hope we do well and can start to build something and if it’s BB great

Mar 5, 2020, 11:24 PM [ in reply to Re: New look of Tiger hoops next year ]

That will not be the starting 5. We won't play Baehre, Simms, and Hall at the same time.

Dawes
Trapp
Newman
Simms
Hall or Jemison would be my guess with Simms at the 5 if Hall starts.

Mar 6, 2020, 9:16 AM

Yes...Dawes fits as more of a combo guard, while Honor (who can still shoot it) is naturally more of a pure point.

Had Honor not had to sit this year, he would have started the whole season at point guard. He was head and shoulders above Dawes in Italy this summer and started every game of the tournament.

Dawes experience this year may earn him early season starts next year, but I'd expect Honor to play as many minutes, if not more by the end of the season.

I don't think Hall starts, but he'll be a play right away kind of guy. Baerhe and Simms with both start if both are healthy and Jemison is still on the team. If Jemison isn't on the team and they're the only options at center, then Baerhe probably comes off the bench.

Assuming all players return and nobody transfers, I think your only "starter" question comes down to which two of Dawes, Honor and Trapp start. Newman, Simms and Baerhe would be set, in my opinion. I'd lean towards Brad starting Trapp, for experience and defensive reasons. But I think those other guards, along with Hemenway and Hunter, push for a quick rotation hook on playing time. The guard competition in summer/fall practices will be good for pushing all of those players to develop to earn their minutes.

Mar 6, 2020, 10:03 AM

I just don't think Baehre is all that good from what I have seen. Which is limited ofcourse.

Mar 5, 2020, 11:25 PM [ in reply to Re: New look of Tiger hoops next year ]

Wonder where Honor fits in if he is a true PG. Does Trapp play the 2 more or what?

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic