Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is The BLM Crowd Reverting Us Back to Separate But Equal?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 63
| visibility 1

Is The BLM Crowd Reverting Us Back to Separate But Equal?

Jul 4, 2020, 2:40 PM

I truly don't know what anyone wants anymore.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That’s the apparent message at this point.***

Jul 4, 2020, 2:48 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apparently not, since they're asking for white people to

Jul 4, 2020, 3:16 PM

kneel to them.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/video-shows-youtube-streamer-convincing-several-white-people-to-kneel-and-apologize-for-white-privilege

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Apparently not, since they're asking for white people to

Jul 4, 2020, 3:27 PM

The CEO of Chic FiLa wants white people to shine black
peoples shoes.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Apparently not, since they're asking for white people to

Jul 4, 2020, 7:01 PM [ in reply to Apparently not, since they're asking for white people to ]

Oh come on. We’ve always made every slave of ours kneel. You didn’t??
So now it will just be equal.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

that's not the message

Jul 4, 2020, 3:16 PM
Message.png(90.3 K)

this is the most accurate message illustration that I have seen of the actual message. the shouting of extreme proclamations and extreme interpretations would have us to think that the message is convoluted or non-existent but we all can stand to practice cognitive listening... it would really help to resolve many conflicts and much confusion...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Many would debate that the second graph isn’t already accurate.

Jul 4, 2020, 3:21 PM

It seems to me that in America today, someone (black or otherwise) who apparently has fewer opportunities is much more likely to be a victim of low socioeconomic status and/or a dysfunctional family than they are to be a victim of “systemic racism.”

But I realize it’s much easier to just call things racist and blame white people.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Many would debate that the second graph isn’t already accurate.

Jul 4, 2020, 7:27 PM

The argument, as I understand it, is that those two things are connected.

Re: Many would debate that the second graph isn’t already accurate.

Jul 4, 2020, 7:34 PM

The argument that Judge is making, I believe, is that they are not as connected as many would have us believe.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

so what's the explanation?

Jul 4, 2020, 7:57 PM

black people are lazy? they don't have the ingenuity that other people have?

you're a good dude, Smiling Tiger. Always have liked you, so don't take this the wrong way.

But what, in your mind, are the factors that are leading to the perceived struggles of the AA community that CAN'T be attributed to historical systemic oppression?

Even if we pretend that "racism" ceased to exist 30 years ago, why are things the way that they are?

Lack of fathers in the home and poor personal choices.***

Jul 4, 2020, 8:30 PM

Fair enough.

Jul 4, 2020, 8:33 PM

And why aren't more fathers in the home?

Do you see where I'm going with this yet?

Re: Fair enough.

Jul 4, 2020, 10:30 PM

Let's not put the entire blame on Black Fathers, Momma needs to cross her legs.

Jul 4, 2020, 10:46 PM [ in reply to Fair enough. ]

The fathers aren't in the home because of.. their personal choices. I'm sorry, I don't see where you are going with that.

Jul 4, 2020, 11:05 PM

A strategy I find very effective at work for root cause analysis is to repeatedly ask why. So your comment begs the question: why do So many young black men make those choices?

culture***

Jul 5, 2020, 4:25 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: culture***

Jul 5, 2020, 1:55 PM

That’s not really an answer, that’s a generalization. Be more specific

Who forces them to impregnate multiple women with no

Jul 5, 2020, 11:03 AM [ in reply to Fair enough. ]

intention of marrying or being a real father?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

We were built on a shaky foundation-see my post above, but.

Jul 5, 2020, 12:14 AM [ in reply to Lack of fathers in the home and poor personal choices.*** ]

from Those Jefferson, FOUNDING father, poured the foundation of thinking in this country...

The differences amongst the negro are fixed in nature. No man will labor for himself who can make another labor for him. A slave’s darker pigment makes them less transparent. Their color is an immovable veil of black which covers all the emotions. Their unfortunate difference of color make them less beautiful than whites. The appearance of whites, our features and our hair, make us more sexually appealing. The negro people re sexually attracted to white people as uniformly as is the preference of the orangutan for the black women over those of his own species. Free blacks are pests in society who are as incapable as children of taking care of themselves. Blacks are inferior to the whites in the endowments of body and mind. Their griefs are transient and their love lacks a tender, delicate mixture of sentiment and sensation. I have never seen an elementary trait of painting or sculpture or poetry among blacks. Their ability to reason is much inferior to whites and their imaginations are dull, tasteless and anomalous. Blackness comes from the color of the blood.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

*Thomas

Jul 5, 2020, 12:14 AM

nm

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We were built on a shaky foundation-see my post above, but.

Jul 5, 2020, 7:35 AM [ in reply to We were built on a shaky foundation-see my post above, but. ]

Ouch, that hurts and I feel shame from reading this but that was over 200 years ago. That ignorant way of thinking is gone with the wind. No pun intended.
Blacks now have the same opportunities as everyone else.
Things have changed...people have changed. Jefferson's ignorant description of blacks has no bearing on today's society.
Blacks have proven Jefferson's thoughts are trash and they are equal and above in all circumstances concerning his remarks.
I feel today's foundation is on an equal and level playing field and all races need to be held responsible for their personal choices and use of good or poor judgement.

That is a pisspoor excuse for behaving like an

Jul 5, 2020, 11:06 AM [ in reply to We were built on a shaky foundation-see my post above, but. ]

irresponsible jerk in 2020. And that's all it is - blame somebody else for something you control 100%.

- H. L. Mencken

Re: That is a pisspoor excuse for behaving like an

Jul 5, 2020, 11:41 AM

the reality is that the jerks of 2020 are the people still holding onto, rehearsing within themselves and espousing those very same sentiments in 2020...

Are you seriously blaming illlegal, irresponsible

Jul 5, 2020, 11:57 AM

behavior on something other than the people who freely choose to engage in those behaviors?

- H. L. Mencken

you keep changing the topic, so, i'm moving on...

Jul 6, 2020, 6:21 PM

the OP has nothing to do with your most recent attempt at a point...

Wrong again, but move right along.***

Jul 6, 2020, 11:07 PM

- H. L. Mencken

Plenty of other cultures have come to America more recently than black people did

Jul 4, 2020, 9:11 PM [ in reply to so what's the explanation? ]

such as Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Indian, and Italian. Most came here poor, with no built-in advantages. Through hard work, intact family units, and an emphasis on education, they have largely been very successful.

How many single parent households do you tend to see in the above examples? Very, very few. How many fail to graduate from high school, if not college? Very few. How many do you see on welfare? Very few.

So yes, I do believe a lot comes down to culture and attitude. If you tend to have a single parent household, tend to not emphasize education, and tend to teach your kids that they are disadvantaged and don’t have the same opportunities white people have, guess what? Your kids aren’t nearly as likely to be successful.

I realize I’m making a lot of generalizations here, but all I’ve heard during these racism discussions is a bunch of generalizations so it’s all good.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

I serve as a pastor in a predominantly black neighborhood

Jul 4, 2020, 10:57 PM

so I see this everyday. Here's the breakdown. 70% of all black children in 2018 were born in a single parent home. Prior to 1967, 80% of all black Children were born in to a two parent home. This throughout Jim Crow. Whites had a lower rate. Blacks also had a higher literacy rate than whites prior to 1967.

So the question is what happened to cause this dramatic shift? The government incentivized having children out of wedlock through aid for dependent children

Re: I serve as a pastor in a predominantly black neighborhood

Jul 4, 2020, 11:24 PM

That begs the question, why do we not see the same trends in other cultural groups?

As I pointed out below, Slavery and subsequent years of

Jul 5, 2020, 12:22 PM

oppresion and discrimination created a unique situation for Blacks that other ethnic goups did not experience, at least not nearly to the same degree. Then some government attempts to fix things made it worse. That plus the non-stop rhetoric for the last 50 years that someone else is to blame for all of your problems has convinced many of them that they are powerless to better their situation without violence or more government intervention.

- H. L. Mencken

Re: I serve as a pastor in a predominantly black neighborhood

Jul 5, 2020, 7:51 AM [ in reply to I serve as a pastor in a predominantly black neighborhood ]

My God! Are those %'s accurate?
If so, they are mind blowing!
Truly hard for me to grasp.

Directionally - they are close.

Jul 5, 2020, 10:15 AM

1960 - 30% single parent
Current - about 74%

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Plenty of other cultures have come to America more recently than black people did

Jul 5, 2020, 7:45 AM [ in reply to Plenty of other cultures have come to America more recently than black people did ]

Thank you Judge. True some could argue the use of generalizations here but your points/examples are well taken and pretty much spot on.

Re: so what's the explanation?

Jul 4, 2020, 11:29 PM [ in reply to so what's the explanation? ]

Democrats and welfare destabilized the black family structure. Projects not allowing men to live in them was a direct attempt to destabilize the black family. The party that most black people see as their savior is actually their master and is doing all it can to guarantee it keeps the black vote yet does nothing to help black people.

Re: so what's the explanation?

Jul 5, 2020, 7:02 AM [ in reply to so what's the explanation? ]

Good question Stubborn Tiger. I gave you a TU but I'm not sure you'll agree or be happy with the answers you'll receive.

No doubt that slavery and years of discrimination

Jul 5, 2020, 10:50 AM [ in reply to so what's the explanation? ]

set all of this into motion. However, that is NOT what is keeping them there; it's almost 100% personal behavior which only they control. If you could wave a magic wand and make racism disappear completely, this very instant, the problems that plague the black community would persist unabated without a dramatic change in behavior. I would say that poverty and crime are the biggest problems. Stay in school. Study. Don't break the law. Respect other people ... all people. Girls need to quit having babies out of wedlock (short of rape, they control that 100%). Boys and men need to stop impregnating girls and women with no intention of being a father present in the home (that is something they control 100%). African Americans have it within their power to start doing all of that today. The government can't do it for them. Racism does not prevent them from doing these things. In fact, it would help them overcome the negative effects of racism and discrimination. It would do far, far more than any government program or intervention, and they have the power to start right now.

- H. L. Mencken

But if you dig a little deeper, you’d find that almost every

Jul 4, 2020, 7:48 PM [ in reply to Many would debate that the second graph isn’t already accurate. ]

black has experienced some type of racism in their lives. Now, is this caused by “systemic” racism? I’d guess you’d have to look at each incident separately and with more detail.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have numerous black friends, coworkers, and family

Jul 4, 2020, 8:28 PM

I would estimate knowing 50 black people in my life right now. Out of all of them, exactly ONE has experienced racism. To say "almost every black has experienced some type of racism" is simply not true.

Re: I have numerous black friends, coworkers, and family

Jul 5, 2020, 7:48 AM

You dont know that. There is no way you could know that number. I highly doubt that number is remotely accurate. Its probably closer to all 50 who have at least experienced some sort of subtle racism at the least. Thats life. I am white and I have experienced racism towards me before. Obviously they have too. Let's get real. It's not like it is always that serious though. It usually isnt.

A lot of black people attribute negative experiences to

Jul 5, 2020, 11:09 AM [ in reply to I have numerous black friends, coworkers, and family ]

racism when in fact it is something else. Racism is often just a convenient boogeyman.

- H. L. Mencken

Everyone has the same opportunities.***

Jul 4, 2020, 8:24 PM [ in reply to Many would debate that the second graph isn’t already accurate. ]

please consider this...

Jul 5, 2020, 10:09 AM [ in reply to Many would debate that the second graph isn’t already accurate. ]

400 or so years ago white people brought Africans over here and enslaved them. And sold them. AND treated them as less than human and wrote laws and statues decreeing the enslaved Africans to be less than human and enforcing those laws through violence. For 250 years, white men used enslaved Africans and their posterity and a few others to build the infrastructure and economy of the country, and created its laws and its systems of government. While 5 or so generations of white families got to grow and flourish and make choices that could make their lives better, black people did not have that same opportunity.
And then 150 years ago white people "freed" black people from slavery. But then angry white people mob ruled through violence and created laws that made it impossible for black people to vote. Or to own land. Or to have the same rights as white people. All while another 5 generations of white families got to grow and accumulate wealth and gain land and get an education while black people were still systemically denied the same opportunities.
And then 60 years ago, laws made it "legal" for black people to vote, and to be "free" from discrimination. But angry white people still fought violently and systemically to keep schools segregated. And closed off neighborhoods to white people only. And made it harder for black people to get bank loans, or get a quality education or health care, or to (gasp) marry a white person. And white people even erected monuments and raised the defeated flag of treasonous white people to glorify them who had actively to fought steal land from the United States and to keep black people enslaved 100 years prior. All while another 2-3 generations of white families got to grow and pass their wealth down to their children and their children's children while those kind of opportunities were still systemically denied to black people.
And now we are in an age where we have the technology to make PUBLIC and to be seen the things that were already happening in pubic and in private but could not be seen by a world wide audience-- the lynchings, the killings, beatings, discrimination, the criminalization, the stop and frisk laws, the unequal distribution of justice, the police brutality (police forces began in America as slave patrols designed to catch runaway slaves), the red lining of loans and gerrymandering of neighborhoods. And only now, after 400+ years and 20+ generations of a white head start, are we STARTING to truly have a dialog about acknowledging what it has been and is to be black in America.
White privilege doesn't mean you haven't suffered or fought or worked hard. It doesn't mean that you can’t be proud of who you are. But it DOES mean that we need to acknowledge that the system of government, access to opportunity, life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness was created and built FOR white people and excluded black people. It DOES mean that white people aren't disadvantaged because of the color of your skin and it DOES mean that you owe it to all citizens-- of all races and nationalities-- to acknowledge that and work to make the nation and its systems more equitable and free of the systemic discrimination which set in motion and cultivated many of the low socioeconomic statuses and dysfunctional families that do exist today...
On another note, you should always respond to your audience because in my response to the OP, I did not cast any aspersions but simply gave an answer to the question... So, your projection of a cry of racism to me was wholly misplaced...
~Shalom Aleichem

This Chart Would Be VERY Different If They Used Johnsons***

Jul 4, 2020, 3:31 PM [ in reply to that's not the message ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This Chart Would Be VERY Different If They Used Johnsons***

Jul 4, 2020, 8:21 PM

I think it would actually look like the first one

Re: that's not the message

Jul 4, 2020, 7:16 PM [ in reply to that's not the message ]

BLM, the organization, does not believe that image...consider their open letter on the occasion of Fidel Castro's death:

We are feeling many things as we awaken to a world without Fidel Castro. There is an overwhelming sense of loss, complicated by fear and anxiety. Although no leader is without their flaws, we must push back against the rhetoric of the right and come to the defense of El Comandante. And there are lessons that we must revisit and heed as we pick up the mantle in changing our world, as we aspire to build a world rooted in a vision of freedom and the peace that only comes with justice. It is the lessons that we take from Fidel.

From Fidel, we know that revolution is sparked by an idea, by radical imaginings, which sometimes take root first among just a few dozen people coming together in the mountains. It can be a tattered group of meager resources, like in Sierra Maestro in 1956 or St. Elmo Village in 2013.

Revolution is continuous and is won first in the hearts and minds of the people and is continually shaped and reshaped by the collective. No single revolutionary ever wins or even begins the revolution. The revolution begins only when the whole is fully bought in and committed to it. And it is never over.

Revolution transcends borders; the freedom of oppressed people and people of color is all bound up together wherever we are. In Cuba, South Africa, Palestine, Angola, Tanzania, Mozambique, Grenada, Venezuela, Haiti, African America, and North Dakota. We must not only root for each other but invest in each other’s struggles, lending our voices, bodies, and resources to liberation efforts which may seem distant from the immediacy of our daily existence.

Revolution is rooted in the recognition that there are certain fundamentals to which every being has a right, just by virtue of one’s birth: healthy food, clean water, decent housing, safe communities, quality healthcare, mental health services, free and quality education, community spaces, art, democratic engagement, regular vacations, sports, and places for spiritual expression are not questions of resources, but questions of political will and they are requirements of any humane society.

Revolution requires that the determination to create and preserve these things for our people takes precedent over individual drives for power, recognition, and enrichment.

A final lesson is that to be a revolutionary, you must strive to live in integrity. As a Black network committed to transformation, we are particularly grateful to Fidel for holding Mama Assata Shakur, who continues to inspire us. We are thankful that he provided a home for Brother Michael Finney Ralph Goodwin, and Charles Hill, asylum to Brother Huey P. Newton, and sanctuary for so many other Black revolutionaries who were being persecuted by the American government during the Black Power era. We are indebted to Fidel for sending resources to Haiti following the 2010 earthquake and attempting to support Black people in New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina when our government left us to die on rooftops and in floodwaters. We are thankful that he provided a space where the traditional spiritual work of African people could flourish, regardless of his belief system.

With Fidel’s passing there is one more lesson that stands paramount: when we are rooted in collective vision when we bind ourselves together around quests for infinite freedom of the body and the soul, we will be victorious. As Fidel ascends to the realm of the ancestors, we summon his guidance, strength, and power as we recommit ourselves to the struggle for universal freedom. Fidel Vive!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 4, 2020, 7:20 PM [ in reply to that's not the message ]

Communist much? Compare BLM's "What we believe" to Communist Party USA platform...BLM just has the word "Black" inserted.

We are unapologetically Black in our positioning. In affirming that Black Lives Matter, we need not qualify our position. To love and desire freedom and justice for ourselves is a prerequisite for wanting the same for others.

We see ourselves as part of the global Black family, and we are aware of the different ways we are impacted or privileged as Black people who exist in different parts of the world.

We are guided by the fact that all Black lives matter, regardless of actual or perceived sexual identity, gender identity, gender expression, economic status, ability, disability, religious beliefs or disbeliefs, immigration status, or location.

We make space for transgender brothers and sisters to participate and lead.

We are self-reflexive and do the work required to dismantle cisgender privilege and uplift Black trans folk, especially Black trans women who continue to be disproportionately impacted by trans-antagonistic violence.

We build a space that affirms Black women and is free from sexism, misogyny, and environments in which men are centered.

We practice empathy. We engage comrades with the intent to learn about and connect with their contexts.

We make our spaces family-friendly and enable parents to fully participate with their children. We dismantle the patriarchal practice that requires mothers to work “double shifts” so that they can mother in private even as they participate in public justice work.

We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable.

We foster a queer?affirming network. When we gather, we do so with the intention of freeing ourselves from the tight grip of heteronormative thinking, or rather, the belief that all in the world are heterosexual (unless s/he or they disclose otherwise).

We cultivate an intergenerational and communal network free from ageism. We believe that all people, regardless of age, show up with the capacity to lead and learn.

We embody and practice justice, liberation, and peace in our engagements with one another.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 4, 2020, 9:31 PM [ in reply to that's not the message ]

I got some swap land for you son.......geezz where do you people come from

more like this

Jul 6, 2020, 6:35 PM [ in reply to that's not the message ]
means.png(86.8 K)

Re: Is The BLM Crowd Reverting Us Back to Separate But Equal?

Jul 4, 2020, 4:53 PM

S but E is Code 4?w/ special privileges & allowances

Jul 4, 2020, 5:35 PM

Slavery was a terrible thing and wrong but it is still going on throughout the world today especially in some African countries.....but it has not happened here in over 150 years......nobody I say NOBODY in this county living today or for the Passat 150+ years has been a slave much less a slave owner.....NOBODY in the USA owns anybody ANYTHING for what happened over 150+ years ago.....time to get over it and JUST be very thankful you are blessed to live in the GREATEST country in the world.....time to love your country or leave it.....the choice is yours......enough with all this BS.....Go Tigers!!!!!

Jul 5, 2020, 9:18 AM

https://www.charlestonchronicle.net/2020/02/04/why-blacks-cant-get-over-slavery/

What most dont understand, is the after effects of destroying a race. It takes centuries to fix a culture that was stripped of everything. Then laws and acts were set up to keep the race down, do you know anything about Jim Crow...that wasnt long ago..you're blind and probably a racist for ignoring such. It's time this country address what it did properly for ppl to move on like you suggested. Remember, whites can go back to a place also...is this our native land?

Jul 5, 2020, 9:44 AM

You are the one who is a racist......I am just stating the truth and the facts of what is happening now......something you clowns no nothing about......if you hate this country so bad leave.....we want miss you one little bit.....and don’t let the door hit you in the behind.....Go Tigers!!!!

Jul 5, 2020, 10:32 AM

You are racist and blind. Who said anything about hating America, your reading comprehension sucks little guy. You're a European native...you can go somewhere aswell if you dont like change. Yet, ignore the aftereffects of slavery...you are a privileged grown child...you cant make me leave. That's your only go to line...do better and read more, this country will change rather you like it or not.
Btw racist, its..."don't let the door hit ya, where the God Lord split ya"...lmao

Jul 5, 2020, 12:40 PM

You are past by very stupid.......slavery ended here over 150 years ago you idiot.....no one living in America now is responsible or liable for that......on the other hand slavery still exist in many African countries today but you clowns always fail to mention that fact or hold those countries accountable for anything where the problem really exists today.....but those facts would defeat the fake agenda for you liberals wouldn’t it.......you only deal with lies, deception, and false narratives to get uninformed people like yourself to believe and fall for the crap that is going on in this country today......really pathetic and sorry for you.....Go Tigers!!!!

Pathetic snowflake liberal living ^^^

Jul 6, 2020, 6:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Is The BLM Crowd Reverting Us Back to Separate But Equal? ]

in the echo chamber

Jul 5, 2020, 10:04 AM [ in reply to Re: Is The BLM Crowd Reverting Us Back to Separate But Equal? ]

Since you bring up "native" that is a perfect example. I am Native AMERICAN. We suffered the same discrimination blacks did. They WERE slaces. The white man killed 90% of us and crammed 85% of what was left onto reservations. We were not allowed to vote until long after freed slaves were. We were even officially considered to be non-human.
Those of us whose families have left the Reservations have done quite well. We have done as good as anyone in this land of opportunity. Is the opportunity equal? Its equal enough that anyone who wants to succeed can succeed.

Jul 5, 2020, 10:39 AM

Do we see Indians getting slaughtered in modern day? Theres way more hatred and systematic racism towards blacks than Indians...hell the government allowed casinos and reservations...what do you know about black wall street?? I respect my Indian brother and sister. To say we are all equal...you are very unaware of history and the present. Open your eyes, do you think all the hate and protest, teams changing this, business changing that...is bc we are equal. This is the start of a new era..but, you are somewhat blindsided and We can't have this conversation.

Jul 5, 2020, 10:47 AM

Your post is complete foolishness and
clearly demonstrates your utter hypocrisy.
The Native American was much more severely oppressed than the Black man. The Native American is still more oppressed than the black man. The fact reservations still exist is prime evidence of that fact.

Jul 5, 2020, 10:56 AM

Reservations are better mass incarceration, do you know anything about that...I dont care what you think. It's just your opinion

Jul 5, 2020, 11:00 AM [ in reply to Re: Is The BLM Crowd Reverting Us Back to Separate But Equal? ]

You barking up the wrong tree buddy...blacks have projects and it's called that for a reason. I'm not your enemy so we can end it now.

Jul 6, 2020, 7:18 PM

TigersOnHill I lived in New Mexico for a decade and grew up in SC in the 70s and 80s.

The Indians have gotten a raw deal overall.

Similar to the blacks, when you are given freebies, your skills to do for yourself atrophy. The reservations across the SW are not something to hold up as a great example, to say the least.

Native Americans were enslaved

Jul 5, 2020, 11:02 AM [ in reply to Re: Is The BLM Crowd Reverting Us Back to Separate But Equal? ]

and sold at auction for years after the civil war. I remember the last auction as 1890-something from a book I read years ago, but all I can find now is “after 1870.”

Nobody knows. Its a blame game, not a quest for fixes.***

Jul 4, 2020, 7:02 PM

Are you including Dabo & TL in the "BLM Crowd"?***

Jul 4, 2020, 11:43 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 63
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic