Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FSU gets a commitment from SC WR.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

FSU gets a commitment from SC WR.

May 31, 2020, 4:22 PM

https://247sports.com/college/florida-state/Article/Highlights-from-FSUs-newest-wide-receiver-commitment-147667898/

I'm posting this here not to brag. On the contrary, to humbly show shy FSU is at least three years away from climbing back to become competitive with Clemson. This guy looks like a very good receiver. He's listed as a 3-star, not that stars mean that much.

I'm no recruiting analyst who can look at a 5 minute clip and identify "the next Tee Higgins." But, here are some random thoughts I had wehn I watched the video.

1. Big body. Looks bigger than 200 lbs.
2. Looks slow. Not a speed burner. Using an FSU analogy, looks more like Anquan Boldin type receiver.
3. May be a good "possession" receiver, but I don't see him being a deep ball threat, unless he lines up close to the line and gets into a cover 2 and the safeties both slide to the outside.
4. I doubt that he was even on Dabo's B-list. I'm figuring Clemson had 20 or more WRs ranked higher than him.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not looking for sympathy. FSU has better talent, this year, than at least 9 teams we play. But, we ain't at the Clemson talent level, not yet.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FSU gets a commitment from SC WR.

May 31, 2020, 4:31 PM

I'm surprised Will Muschump didn't get him. He has this State locked-down...

But, he does usually go after 2-stars....

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 31, 2020, 8:03 PM

Muschamp better hurry up and get a few commits from South Carolina. Most of the higher rated recruits are going out of state. Someone must have cloned his "lock down" key. The Tigers left him free to claim anyone he wanted.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 31, 2020, 4:39 PM

Looks pretty darn good to me ....... fast enough!

May 31, 2020, 4:49 PM

Had a decent offer list. Good size. Doesn't need to be a burner if he can run crisp routes.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

May 31, 2020, 5:54 PM

I agree. He is a good receiver. Certainly a P5 level receiver. He might develop into a first round draft pick.

My daddy told me years ago, "Elite schools don't recruit. They cull." (Not exactly true, but it makes the point.) FSU is hopefully on the way back, but we ain't elite, yet.

May 31, 2020, 5:33 PM

I wish him and your team all the barely ok-ness they can muster in the coming years. We can not beat you enough years to satisfy me. I lived through too many years of Booby's fake saintliness and Jimbo's cheating to ever want to see you winning again.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It just dawned on me that people probably look at Dabo...

May 31, 2020, 7:29 PM

as having "fake saint-ness" much like Bobby B.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 31, 2020, 6:50 PM

Kid was dreaming to one day play in Death Valley

His dream came true!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 31, 2020, 7:15 PM

Strange to see an FSU fan say, “not that stars mean that much”. Hope he works out!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 31, 2020, 7:54 PM

I’m no anthropologist, but I feel confident in saying that that kid is not an Eskimo.......so Chump was unable to sell him ice.

Thanks for the good news.***

May 31, 2020, 11:16 PM

Jun 1, 2020, 2:05 AM

Sooooo, what you’re saying is that FSU got arguably the top WR is SC(that Clemson hasn’t offered) and Clemson is going to get arguably the best WR is Florida......we’ll take it.

Can't stand FSU nor their chant - GO TIGERS***

Jun 1, 2020, 12:22 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 1, 2020, 1:13 PM

As someone who was born in the 80s and had my first memories of watching college football in the 90s, it's still nearly unreal for me to see an FSU fan making a post like. FSU was firmly dominating the ACC when I first started watching college football, and I'd feel proud if Clemson just kept it close against them.

Had you told me at any point then that I'd see the day when Clemson was not only recruiting evenly, but even recruiting better talent in some cases than FSU I'd probably not have been able to believe it. Had you told me that I'd see the day where Clemson would be 20+ point favorites when playing FSU, or win at least 5 in a row against them I'd also not believe it.

Just thinking that younger fans of ACC teams today are probably thinking the same way about Clemson is a new thought as well for me.

I do think FSU will eventually bounce back. Part of me wishes for that to take awhile, but part of me realizes that FSU becoming a top 10 program once again would benefit Clemson when the talk goes to SOS.

Jun 1, 2020, 8:04 PM

I coached him in Pop Warner. Great Kid and great teammate. Comes from a close knit family. His twin brother is a D1 prospect too. He is a very good athlete. Smart with a good work ethic. If FSU is trying still tying to clean up some of that culture left over from Jimbo, then Josh is a great fit.

Jun 1, 2020, 8:13 PM

Thanks for the info. One service has him listed as the 3rd best player in SC and the 79th best receiver in the country. Glad to hear he's of guy of character. Norvell has already started trying to change the culture, but those things don't happen overnight.

Taggart claimed he was trying to change the culture, but his leadership style seemed to be like he was focused on the kids having fun and thinking discipline would come from that.

After the first two games we played when he became coach a common statement was, "I wish those kids had spent more time working on the plays than on the dancing.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic