Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FSU beat Clemsom 57 - 0 in 1993.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

FSU beat Clemsom 57 - 0 in 1993.

Oct 22, 2018, 6:40 PM

I don't think it will happen, but it would be nice to get a little payback and top that one. It's tough to beat anyone that bad.

Our biggest win has been 35-14 in 2005, so maybe we can beat that one.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FSU beat Clemsom 57 - 0 in 1993.

Oct 22, 2018, 6:45 PM

You don’t have to go that far back. Me and about 30 of my friends were the only ones left in Death Valley after they beat us 51-14. Payback time. No mercy. Complete focus. Go Tigers

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 22, 2018, 7:12 PM

I went to the 1993 game. As we were leaving the stadium ia FSU fan shouted from somewhere above us “Clemson, they are no Duke” (FSU beat Duke 45-7 the previous week). It hurt to hear it, but looking back, kind of funny. Hope a Tiger fan has the opportunity to return the comment this week with a “FSU, they are no Furman”! Go Tigers, spank the Crimioles!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 22, 2018, 6:51 PM

We have a real chance of beating them by at least 21. If we get a high # of 3 and outs expect their defense to tire out and start giving up big plays! Get tired against our offense and be prepared to suffer the consequences..

They are in the triple digits in rushing in college football! So, more than likely we get them to 3rd down and they have to pass! Now our outstanding DE's get to Francois and deliver "pain"! He starts seeing shadows and getting rid of it even if the pass rush wasn't as close as he thought. A couple turnovers or him pressing too hard will also cause a couple turnovers. I can visualize a Travon Mullen pick six as I type!

That's how Bamer blows so many teams out; their defense scores too! I can see us doing that this game b/c their OL play is not very good. And to be honest they are 124 in rushing and 90 in sacks and haven't played this super difficult schedule to date. They in trouble!

And you may get your wish!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 22, 2018, 6:59 PM

I also made the trip to Tallahassee for the game in ‘93. It was miserable to be a Clemson fan in that stadium! After the game, we couldn’t find the Tiger postgame show on the radio, so we listened to the FSU postgame hoping for a positive comment or some insights. I will never forget a comment by Boddy Bowden when he said, “I’ve never been so embarrassed as I was after that second quarter today. We only scored 7 points in that second quarter!”

My point of this post is not one of revenge. Rather, it is for all of us to appreciate our current golden age of Clemson football. In 1993, every FSU fan and coach thought the good times would last forever. We shouldn’t take our success for granted. Be critical of the program when it is deserved, but be balanced and fair with comments. Clemson football is not perfect, but it is better than ever in my lifetime of 50+ years. And don’t forget to enjoy each game. There are only so many each year!

Go Tigers!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 22, 2018, 7:07 PM

tjohnson6317 Awesome Post! I haven't hit my 50's yet; but I get exactly what you're saying! You look at Oregon - they likely never thought they would be on the outside looking in when Chip Kelly was there**rolling**

USC under Pete Carroll - rich tradition - but they are very average despite that rich tradition since Carroll!

Meat-chicken(Michigan) - I remember the Bo Schembekler teams that were seemingly always top 4. Never would have thought they would fall on hard times like they have.

To your point: "Everyone really needs to heed your advice and enjoy this"! As someone who was a tike when we won in 1981; it had been pretty brutal for a couple years especially right before Bowden. I remember saying, "be nice to see Clemson win another national title before I die"! I have done that; and am very grateful to be able to take that off the wish list!

I'm not greedy - but another title would be nice. . . hehe!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 22, 2018, 7:32 PM [ in reply to Re: FSU beat Clemsom 57 - 0 in 1993. ]

I’m 60. Been in IPTAY 50 years. I agree with you completely. I have lived through those lean years. Remember when that big red machine Nebraska was the envy of college football? Southern Cal? Well the top of the mountain can be fleeting. Enjoy it now. This is the best it’s ever been for us. I’m estatic with where we are and hope we stay here for the remainder of my days.....

Oct 22, 2018, 7:03 PM

I was a senior at Clemson in 93 and drove down to Tallahassee to witness that whooping. I would be satisfied with a 57 point victory 25 years later.

was there, it sucked****

Oct 22, 2018, 7:25 PM

I think that was the year Sapp got pounded at QB. Long hot

Oct 22, 2018, 7:32 PM

day in the sun that was for sure. At least we had a good time Friday night!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 22, 2018, 7:33 PM

So, name me one player from either team that was even around 25 years ago.
And there have been far worse beat downs in college football than that one.

Oct 22, 2018, 7:36 PM

Be satisfied with a win, Saturday will not be a cakewalk. This is the biggest game of the year for FSU and their coaching staff.

I'll take a 1 point win and move on

There was something great about that game!

Oct 22, 2018, 7:44 PM

That day it put an end to those who thought that Hatfield was a good coach. That was the day the higher ups knew it was time for a change. It showed what Danny had built had be totally destroyed.

Oct 22, 2018, 7:59 PM

Noles won the Natty that year. Beat up on Nebraska for almost 4 hours in the Orange Bowl. One of the most physical games I have ever seen in the past 42 years of watching college football.

Let’s not forget 54-7 in 2000 either.

Oct 22, 2018, 8:09 PM

We thought we were really good that year, getting our first loss of the season a week prior at home on a last second loss to Georgia Tech in the Valley. We went down to FSU and got killed. I was there, and went from so excited to so disappointed in the span of about 30 minutes.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Wasn't that the game with Weinke to Warrick

Oct 22, 2018, 8:14 PM

For a 99 yard TD?

No, that was't PW, that was Marvin Snoop Minnis...Peter had

Oct 22, 2018, 8:21 PM

left after the NCG the year before

Yes, Weinke to Minnis with a heck of a play action pass.***

Oct 22, 2018, 8:31 PM [ in reply to Wasn't that the game with Weinke to Warrick ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Oct 22, 2018, 8:25 PM

I for one who actually witnessed that humiliation, where the fastest man on our team Brian Dawkins caught a failed field goal and ran it back only to be caught and tackled by the kicker. I would love to blow them off the freaking planet!!
GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 22, 2018, 8:29 PM

Ugh, I remember that band trip all too well. It was hot as hell in Tallahassee and the game wasn't helping things. Those 7 hours back to Clemson just dragged out.

We can either avenge 1993 or 2013, either way is good with me.

Oct 22, 2018, 8:52 PM

Headed home to middle Georgia after “puntrooskie” game as car after car of Nole fans past me blowing their horns, laughing and some dragging stuffed tigers tied to their bumpers. Will never forget. I want big time revenge.

Oct 22, 2018, 8:50 PM

I was also there (we had to play AT Tallahassee 2 years in a row), but keep in mind that Hatfield was in year 4 of eroding our program, and FSU was in the middle of a record run of Top 5 finishes that even Saban has reached, as well as a 70-2 run in Conference play.

I am not greedy about this year's game. I would happily settle for 56-7 or even 63-17.

The Worst Was 59-0

Oct 22, 2018, 9:05 PM

When Peter Tom Willis threw for like 15 TD passes. Oh wait that was against the Gamecocks.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic